Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Olu Of Warri Pays Historic Visit To Ijaw Monarch. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olu Of Warri Pays Historic Visit To Ijaw Monarch. (624 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olu Of Warri Pays Historic Visit To Ijaw Monarch. by delonz(m): 11:40am On Feb 17, 2016
UGHELLI—THE Olu of Warri, HRM Ogiame Ikenwoli, yesterday, visited the Akugbene Mein Kingdom in Bomadi Local Government Area, Pere S. P. Luke Kalanama VIII and the Ovie of Ughelli Kingdom, HRM Wilson Ojakovo, in Ughelli North Local Government Area, both of Delta State, in furtherance of his resolve to foster peaceful coexistence between the Itsekiri nation and neighbouring communities. The visit to the Ijaw monarch is the first since the Ijaw and Itsekiri conflict which claimed the lives of hundreds of innocent citizens with property worth millions of naira destroyed on both sides. Appealing for peace among all ethnic groups in the state, the Olu urged monarchs to continue to sustain the current peace in the state with a charge on youths to be patient and tolerant of their neighbours. He said: “During my coronation, I promised to build bridges of love, peace and harmony between the Itsekiri nation and its neighbours. This is a display of such show of love. “My visit to Akugbene was an epoch event as no Itsekiri king had ever been there before. I am personally happy that I am making history. “We may have differences but we must understand our difference. Anything that concerns you should concern me. By the time our subjects see us display such brotherly love, they will emulate us.” Describing the visit as historic, the Pere of Akugbene Kingdom likened the Olu’s visit to the 1982 visit of the Oba of Benin to the kingdom. He said: “Some people did not believe you would come, considering our past, but today you are here.” The Ovie of Ughelli Kingdom, in his address, said: “Ughelli has made history today because this is the first time the Olu of Warri is visiting us. I believe that this show of love will continue unabated in order to keep both kingdoms closer than ever.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/olu-of-warri-pays-historic-visit-to-ijaw-monarch/
Re: Olu Of Warri Pays Historic Visit To Ijaw Monarch. by Last2comment(m): 11:41am On Feb 17, 2016
No pics
Re: Olu Of Warri Pays Historic Visit To Ijaw Monarch. by GEJ2019(m): 11:44am On Feb 17, 2016
Its a welcom development, BT av never liked that title 'OLU'of warri.I think the political class of the original owners of warri(Ijaw and Urhobo) Kingdoms make a counter of this hype about the Olu,its alien to my political leanings.#IamGEJ
Re: Olu Of Warri Pays Historic Visit To Ijaw Monarch. by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 17, 2016
This kind of news without pics is like rice without stew undecided
Re: Olu Of Warri Pays Historic Visit To Ijaw Monarch. by Tunami(m): 8:31pm On Feb 17, 2016
no pics? Anyway unity in diversity.

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious: She Got Confused By Ladies Like Her / Mrs. Osinbajo Vs Mrs. Obama(who Does It Better?) / The Victimization Of Southpaws (left Handers) In This Part Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.