Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? (22205 Views)

Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider / Expect A Regret Mail From Nigerian Breweries If You Fail This Test / Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by tolutweety(m): 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2016
@jadekitana:

There are selfless ones on NL job section. Check around... and you sure will find them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by anyicash(m): 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2016
Everybody has turned out to be helpful here all of a surden...hahaha chai nairalanders.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by judedwriter(m): 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2016
No surprise; Human nature is generally selfish angry even that my rich neighbour doesn't want me to be as rich as he is.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by satowind(m): 4:45pm On Feb 17, 2016
Nyc one

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by seunny4lif(m): 4:45pm On Feb 17, 2016
God bless you for this grin
I remember those guys dat cover their books during exams or refuse to even borrow you thier note grin
Must of dem see dey find job while God don bless the olodos grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Oyindaberry(f): 4:47pm On Feb 17, 2016
funkyglitz:
Op you are on point.... some will go as far as calling a good job a scam just for you to be absent on the day of the interview maybe making him/her the last man standing soooo immature sha.

Funny but true.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Oyindaberry(f): 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2016
seunny4lif:
God bless you for this grin
I remember those guys dat cover their books during exams or refuse to even borrow you thier note grin
Must of dem see dey find job while God don bless the olodos grin

Lmao, and those ones that refuse to tear a sheet of paper for you during impromptu test periods.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by seangy4konji: 4:53pm On Feb 17, 2016
Your head is valid.

Typical of most Nigerians. Only few can help.

Selfish and self centered. Always want to be center of attraction.

Only few have good heart to help fellow brothers and sisters. They need people to worship them.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by coretechng1(m): 4:56pm On Feb 17, 2016
Thats the trend among Nigerians generally.Simple information is so difficult for them to share.Even when someone opens a trend to share information all you will be seeing is ''send it to my email''.I have seen someone castigating a guy for sharing information on freelancing.Its so sad that people dont just understand the law of prosperity which is rooted in selfless giving.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by refiner(f): 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2016
av nt been to dat forum before...maybe cos am nt looking for a job!

I just wish most of us should quite looking for a job and becom self employed!.....we can gather some little money together to start somefin we are good at!....all dose big companies or places we are running to wif our CV,was ones a small shop opened by someone!.....and nw dere generations will lack nothing!
let's be wise!smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by MztrChukwu(m): 5:01pm On Feb 17, 2016
They share info or not...

When God approves, I will 'olajumoke' into my own blessings and nobody can stop that!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Kaylexzy(m): 5:11pm On Feb 17, 2016
Jadekitana:
I joined this forum not long ago and whenever i'm less busy I peruse through different sections to see what's happening around the world. However I wouldn't be content if I didn't create a thread on what i'v noticed in this Job/vacancy section.

First I noticed we have lots of jobless graduates in Nigeria which makes me really sad and most people don't really have support from families to start a lucrative business unlike myself who had that on a platter of gold courtesy my folks. However if I had my way I would have employed others! That's a topic for another day.

In this job section I noticed a particular wicked trend. A lot of graduates have this myopic mentality of not disclosing information to others,i don't know if they feel that's good or the economy has made them so greedy. You see someone create a topic like:

Hello all,i got an aptitude test/interview from olofofo company how do I prepare....... and then a helpless graduate quickly asks "how did u apply,pls share the link let me apply as well" then the OP goes automatically mute! Some even reluctantly say "I can't remember how I applied, sha check their website" a job u recently applied for,you can't remember?

In life there nothing like "na me go carry first" everybody has a different race entirely,if you can't help others,how do u expect others to help you? Greed doesn't pay! In my school days all the greedy ones who dealt with their colleagues to make 1st class are still struggling today,while the average ones who felt relegated are excelling in big companies. The "oversabi's" and snitches are now so ashamed to mix with others after graduation.

If you want to excel in life drop the self-centred attitude,it doesn't pay. Help your fellow graduates,post links for jobs,post the e-mails you submitted to,if u hear of latest recruitment help others,be like Debbie who takes out time to help others even in her busy life. It's not when your offer letter drops,you rush here to post "nairalanders help me praise jah jehovah emmanuel, offer letter just dropped" that's a very selfish attitude.

The lady who introduced me to fashion business was someone I allowed to squat with me during NYSC. Today she has 2 boutiques on the island,helped me secure a space and sent many customers to patronise me. You never know what your good would do for you in future, Nigerian graduates help one another,the race isn't for the swift, selfishness doesn't guarantee you that position,hoarding info wouldn't make you the only person destined for the job, be NICE.

A word they say is enough for the wise.

So u sabi post beta thread like dis? undecided

Madam, u haven't realised ur talent yet... tongue

Well, u made a lot of sense with dis thread... Kudos to u grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by joey150(m): 5:18pm On Feb 17, 2016
But where there are few opportunities you win by killing competition. It happens even in nature.

That been said we should try and help when we can too..but people should not anticipate help.
And giving or helping is down to the individual..hard as it may seem, in cases like this
You cant fault anyone for not helping you.
O.p you try i tink say na dat romance side u dey base.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by plainmirror(m): 5:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
donigspain:
Mathematically, there is nothing like selfishness in that behaviour undecided undecided

1 job opening : 5 applications
That's 1/5 x 100 = 20% chance of making it.
grin grin

1 job opening : 200 applications
That's 1/200 x 100 = 0.5% chance of making it.
cry cry

#JustTrolling

Nice mathematical model but trust me this is the wrong time and place to display unhealthy cleverness.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Honesty007(m): 5:22pm On Feb 17, 2016
Jadekitana:
I joined this forum not long ago and whenever i'm less busy I peruse through different sections to see what's happening around the world. However I wouldn't be content if I didn't create a thread on what i'v noticed in this Job/vacancy section.

First I noticed we have lots of jobless graduates in Nigeria which makes me really sad and most people don't really have support from families to start a lucrative business unlike myself who had that on a platter of gold courtesy my folks. However if I had my way I would have employed others! That's a topic for another day.

In this job section I noticed a particular wicked trend. A lot of graduates have this myopic mentality of not disclosing information to others,i don't know if they feel that's good or the economy has made them so greedy. You see someone create a topic like:

Hello all,i got an aptitude test/interview from olofofo company how do I prepare....... and then a helpless graduate quickly asks "how did u apply,pls share the link let me apply as well" then the OP goes automatically mute! Some even reluctantly say "I can't remember how I applied, sha check their website" a job u recently applied for,you can't remember?

In life there nothing like "na me go carry first" everybody has a different race entirely,if you can't help others,how do u expect others to help you? Greed doesn't pay! In my school days all the greedy ones who dealt with their colleagues to make 1st class are still struggling today,while the average ones who felt relegated are excelling in big companies. The "oversabi's" and snitches are now so ashamed to mix with others after graduation.

If you want to excel in life drop the self-centred attitude,it doesn't pay. Help your fellow graduates,post links for jobs,post the e-mails you submitted to,if u hear of latest recruitment help others,be like Debbie who takes out time to help others even in her busy life. It's not when your offer letter drops,you rush here to post "nairalanders help me praise jah jehovah emmanuel, offer letter just dropped" that's a very selfish attitude.

The lady who introduced me to fashion business was someone I allowed to squat with me during NYSC. Today she has 2 boutiques on the island,helped me secure a space and sent many customers to patronise me. You never know what your good would do for you in future, Nigerian graduates help one another,the race isn't for the swift, selfishness doesn't guarantee you that position,hoarding info wouldn't make you the only person destined for the job, be NICE.

How would they not be greedy when they suffered throughout their school days?
When most of them entered admission tru connection! Payed for their projects and used money to get their firstclass cert.
When those wicked lecturers killed their humanity be making Unecessary demands,kicking them to n fro like ball,milking the dry .
Transfer of agression na the worst syndrome ooh
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by tse1v1(m): 5:25pm On Feb 17, 2016
YOU ARE HIGH ON POINT HELPING OTHERS DOESNT STOP YOU FROM MOVING FORWARD IN LIFE, JUST LAST I GOT AN APPT AND I WAS SHORT OF MONEY TO COMPLETE THE AMOUNT NEEDED BEHOLD MY UNCLE JUST GAVE ME THE BALANCE WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY THATS HOW GODS BLESSING WORK......................NICE ONE OP
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by branhampaul: 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2016
There Somethings You Help People And There Are Some You Dont.. U Dont Expect Me To Get A Way To Get A Job Then I Share It With People, Then When The Applicant Are Many The Job Might Not Reach My Hand....I Just Apply My Sense 2 Everything..

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by seunny4lif(m): 5:28pm On Feb 17, 2016
grin
I no too brilliant and I no too sabi book grin
But we dey try grin
Common papers for test de
Oyindaberry:

Lmao, and those ones that refuse to tear a sheet of paper for you during impromptu test periods.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by olamidefatoye(f): 5:37pm On Feb 17, 2016
Ops, well said. But it doesnt have to goverment job or pivate firm. The trend for graduates now is networking biz and the last time i introduced it here on Nairaland, i was barred.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 17, 2016
Jadekitana:

why can't u have a crush on me?
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by favourlove1: 5:47pm On Feb 17, 2016
ronald4lif:
I used to assume the OP is a troll but it appears I was wrong.

This attitude cuts across employed graduates and unemployed graduates. The average Nigerian is self-centred and greedy, and hardly equips others to become self-reliant and independent. They would rather prefer you remain static in life and gives you little money now and then.

And it's not due to benevolence that he gives you money or assist you but coz he want to have dominion over you. I've known this for far too long. sad
just like a friend who wouldn't stand in a guarantor for A cousin in his company but prefers d cousin lives with them so as to run errands for them. Dat cousin lost d job but the relationship btwn them has faded

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Olasco93: 5:47pm On Feb 17, 2016
Selfishness and Self-centeredness doesn't promote one in anyway, it seemingly promotion is an illusion, it demotes you later-on, without knowing why. Before you know it, you're in another SHILOH, lying flat, with bottle waters (the big size). Telling God ''Pick my Call...''

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 17, 2016
Jadekitana:

Wa gbayi... Ur head too dey der. God go bless u for dz piece of advice. U will excel in all ur life's endeavours.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Dindondin(m): 6:18pm On Feb 17, 2016
Jadekitana:

Seriously may God open their eyes to see beyond their present situation. Left for me, I enjoy helping others,maybe whenever i'm less busy i'd visit some job sites to post jobs here,let God use that to open more doors for me.
Greed doesn't pay.
they won't hear

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2016
Jadekitana:

OP, you talk true...but my own be say you fine gan ni...will you be my wife?
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by pasco30(m): 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2016
Jadekitana:

well said

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Missmossy(f): 6:30pm On Feb 17, 2016
Some are,its not enough reason to generalize anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by dj5naira(m): 6:34pm On Feb 17, 2016
Are you asking me?
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Jadekitana(f): 6:49pm On Feb 17, 2016
socialist:
OP, you talk true...but my own be say you fine gan ni...will you be my wife?

cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Jadekitana(f): 6:49pm On Feb 17, 2016
derespect:

Wa gbayi... Ur head too dey der. God go bless u for dz piece of advice. U will excel in all ur life's endeavours.

Amen, thanks dear. cheesy
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Jadekitana(f): 6:50pm On Feb 17, 2016
dancok:
why can't u have a crush on me?

Haha really? My crushing days are over.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Jadekitana(f): 6:53pm On Feb 17, 2016
Kaylexzy:

So u sabi post beta thread like dis? undecided

Madam, u haven't realised ur talent yet... tongue

Well, u made a lot of sense with dis thread... Kudos to u grin

Lol this is the serious side of me when i'm trying to pass a serious message cheesy that romance section na when I wan find trouble.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inec Recruiting / Attention: Npower Batch C1 Crediting Of Accounts For January Payment Commences / 5 Things You Should Never Do While Waiting To Hear Back About A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.