Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? (22203 Views)

Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider / Expect A Regret Mail From Nigerian Breweries If You Fail This Test / Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Jadekitana(f): 6:54pm On Feb 17, 2016
brainzdh:
Wise words! Don't mind them, they don't know that no matter how big an eye is, two eyes are better than one.

*Jadekitana, are you a Mortal Kombat fan?

I used to be a great fan but can't remember when last I played the game cheesy
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Naikkie(f): 6:55pm On Feb 17, 2016
I once asked a fellow classmate after graduation to send the title of the textbook she used to prepare for TOEFL since I knew she had done it. Till date, I am still expecting the title. I just went into a bookshop, got the TOEFL texts they had and that was it. I guessed she later realized it 'cos she has been helpful on other fronts.

Life is not a biggie, help others with information and things will go smoothly for everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by TruthHurts1(m): 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2016
Is your profile pic for real? If so, you don grab my attention.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Jadekitana(f): 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2016
2sex:
can I give you a hug?

Hug you too cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by TruthHurts1(m): 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2016
Jadekitana:
I joined this forum not long ago and whenever i'm less busy I peruse through different sections to see what's happening around the world. However I wouldn't be content if I didn't create a thread on what i'v noticed in this Job/vacancy section.

First I noticed we have lots of jobless graduates in Nigeria which makes me really sad and most people don't really have support from families to start a lucrative business unlike myself who had that on a platter of gold courtesy my folks. However if I had my way I would have employed others! That's a topic for another day.

In this job section I noticed a particular wicked trend. A lot of graduates have this myopic mentality of not disclosing information to others,i don't know if they feel that's good or the economy has made them so greedy. You see someone create a topic like:

Hello all,i got an aptitude test/interview from olofofo company how do I prepare....... and then a helpless graduate quickly asks "how did u apply,pls share the link let me apply as well" then the OP goes automatically mute! Some even reluctantly say "I can't remember how I applied, sha check their website" a job u recently applied for,you can't remember?

In life there nothing like "na me go carry first" everybody has a different race entirely,if you can't help others,how do u expect others to help you? Greed doesn't pay! In my school days all the greedy ones who dealt with their colleagues to make 1st class are still struggling today,while the average ones who felt relegated are excelling in big companies. The "oversabi's" and snitches are now so ashamed to mix with others after graduation.

If you want to excel in life drop the self-centred attitude,it doesn't pay. Help your fellow graduates,post links for jobs,post the e-mails you submitted to,if u hear of latest recruitment help others,be like Debbie who takes out time to help others even in her busy life. It's not when your offer letter drops,you rush here to post "nairalanders help me praise jah jehovah emmanuel, offer letter just dropped" that's a very selfish attitude.

The lady who introduced me to fashion business was someone I allowed to squat with me during NYSC. Today she has 2 boutiques on the island,helped me secure a space and sent many customers to patronise me. You never know what your good would do for you in future, Nigerian graduates help one another,the race isn't for the swift, selfishness doesn't guarantee you that position,hoarding info wouldn't make you the only person destined for the job, be NICE.

A word they say is enough for the wise.

Is your profile pic for real? If so, you don grab my attention.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Jadekitana(f): 6:58pm On Feb 17, 2016
watzz:
Op is so right, I wonder why people can be selfish and self centered as regards job openings. last year October immediately after NYSC I created a group for ex corp members added a lot I could find, friends and unknown persons, I made it a responsibility to research available job openings and post links on the group, helped group members to update C.V's, cover letters etc.. after a while I noticed 99% of group members are mute, never post job links but share several interview experiences and asked for advise, I reminded everyone on the need to share job vacancy they get but till now, most people are just been greedy, withholding information etc.. I pray our mentality changes about issues like this.

May God touch their hearts o
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Jadekitana(f): 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2016
ronald4lif:
I used to assume the OP is a troll but it appears I was wrong.

This attitude cuts across employed graduates and unemployed graduates. The average Nigerian is self-centred and greedy, and hardly equips others to become self-reliant and independent. They would rather prefer you remain static in life and gives you little money now and then.

And it's not due to benevolence that he gives you money or assist you but coz he want to have dominion over you. I've known this for far too long. sad

Lol some peeps here still believe i'm a guy! Anyway everyone would excel, one thing I know is destiny can't be changed.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Jadekitana(f): 7:12pm On Feb 17, 2016
vboss:
how many ppl have you helped @ op

I don't need to tell you how many lives i'v touched in my own little way, I can't count the number of beggars i'v helped in the streets of lagos or the friends i'v sacrificed so much for, hope that answers your sarcastic question?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by afroxyz: 7:30pm On Feb 17, 2016
This is the most altruistic and mature post I have seen in nairaland in years. OP well done

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 17, 2016
Jadekitana:

Haha really? My crushing days are over.
so u are fixed now, congrats.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 17, 2016
So most of you don dey comot leg say you no selfish abi Na all of una dey ryt...... I hear.. God knows the number of all of una house
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 17, 2016
Preach sister, very stingy with information.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 17, 2016
don't be a part to stinginess

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by brainzdh(m): 8:21pm On Feb 17, 2016
Jadekitana:

I used to be a great fan but can't remember when last I played the game cheesy

Lolz! Same here, played the game wella back in the days and followed the movie series too.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Kaylexzy(m): 8:40pm On Feb 17, 2016
Jadekitana:

Lol this is the serious side of me when i'm trying to pass a serious message cheesy that romance section na when I wan find trouble.

Ehen... No wahala... e make sense...

But na for Romance section section sabi u wella... grin

Come back him baby girl kiss
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 17, 2016
What a preachy broad...damn I won't want to be on the same street with this know it all, not to speak of the same house...yeesh
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Dahveydson(m): 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2016
Dear Jadekitana, God bless you for this write-up.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by chynazom(f): 10:22pm On Feb 17, 2016
Oh well, OP has said it all! Thanks for this meaningful piece.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 17, 2016
JadeKitana your moniker though...... were you a fan of Mortal Kombat when you were muche younger

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by 2sex(m): 10:42pm On Feb 17, 2016
Jadekitana:

I don't need to tell you how many lives i'v touched in my own little way, I can't count the number of beggars i'v helped in the streets of lagos or the friends i'v sacrificed so much for, hope that answers your sarcastic question?
you should know the mentality of the average Nigerian by now.

A certain Nigerian dude has access to workable system that enabled him sold a software for over $80,000 he also did over $100,000 previously.

NOW, I messaged him just ask a few questions. No reply.

Then I remembered there was an American who helped me with certain information years ago and the info has greatly helped my finances. I had to contact him again. He gave me the info I need that solved over 60% of the road blocks.

I am still digging in that area and it's just a matter of time.
smiley

Spot the difference.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by ponti93(m): 11:02pm On Feb 17, 2016
Jadekitana:
I joined this forum not long ago and whenever i'm less busy I peruse through different sections to see what's happening around the world. However I wouldn't be content if I didn't create a thread on what i'v noticed in this Job/vacancy section.

First I noticed we have lots of jobless graduates in Nigeria which makes me really sad and most people don't really have support from families to start a lucrative business unlike myself who had that on a platter of gold courtesy my folks. However if I had my way I would have employed others! That's a topic for another day.

In this job section I noticed a particular wicked trend. A lot of graduates have this myopic mentality of not disclosing information to others,i don't know if they feel that's good or the economy has made them so greedy. You see someone create a topic like:

Hello all,i got an aptitude test/interview from olofofo company how do I prepare....... and then a helpless graduate quickly asks "how did u apply,pls share the link let me apply as well" then the OP goes automatically mute! Some even reluctantly say "I can't remember how I applied, sha check their website" a job u recently applied for,you can't remember?

In life there nothing like "na me go carry first" everybody has a different race entirely,if you can't help others,how do u expect others to help you? Greed doesn't pay! In my school days all the greedy ones who dealt with their colleagues to make 1st class are still struggling today,while the average ones who felt relegated are excelling in big companies. The "oversabi's" and snitches are now so ashamed to mix with others after graduation.

If you want to excel in life drop the self-centred attitude,it doesn't pay. Help your fellow graduates,post links for jobs,post the e-mails you submitted to,if u hear of latest recruitment help others,be like Debbie who takes out time to help others even in her busy life. It's not when your offer letter drops,you rush here to post "nairalanders help me praise jah jehovah emmanuel, offer letter just dropped" that's a very selfish attitude.

The lady who introduced me to fashion business was someone I allowed to squat with me during NYSC. Today she has 2 boutiques on the island,helped me secure a space and sent many customers to patronise me. You never know what your good would do for you in future, Nigerian graduates help one another,the race isn't for the swift, selfishness doesn't guarantee you that position,hoarding info wouldn't make you the only person destined for the job, be NICE.

my dear i am interested in fashion business can you enlighten me about it...poundsconcept@gmail.com
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by davidif: 3:00am On Feb 18, 2016
Thanks for the post my sister. It takes quite a lot out of you to be selfless. This is a wake up call ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 18, 2016
That's a new generation Nigerian talking.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Raydos: 7:04am On Feb 18, 2016
Leave Them, Because They're "Made In Nigeria"
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by ogwumgbe: 7:11am On Feb 18, 2016
Hi everyone, there's an opportunity to learn how to make fruit juice here in Vietnam from a reputable university. The fees is quite affordable and the visa procurement is cheap and fast. This is what Nigerians need in this time of harsh economic downturn to secure a better future. It's better to invest in skill acquisition programmes and be sure of employment tomorrow than to spend years in the university and roam the street. The interested person should contact Mr Kenneth with the this number: +84902856282 or lifegoalministries@.com. The course will start at the middle of March 2016.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by syntekelite(m): 7:18am On Feb 18, 2016
Jadekitana:

WORD ON POINT OP,the same way have been shouting all over the internet about how graduates can make steady income working for themselves,as far as nigerians use fuel,they will make money,as soon as i tel them how to start they all go mute,how can u start a business without buyin tools?sebi you op rented space,bought equipment and funiture,e.t.c abeg nigerian graduates i hail una.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by OLDHAM: 8:06am On Feb 18, 2016
For latest #Jobs #Vacancies follow @syojconsulting

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by Kennycyphers(m): 10:28am On Feb 18, 2016
Nice one OP,... Please tell them... "the only time u should look down on people is when u want to help them up"

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by 100Cents: 10:35am On Feb 18, 2016
Lady with a good heart..

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by 2sex(m): 3:03pm On Feb 19, 2016
syntekelite:

WORD ON POINT OP,the same way have been shouting all over the internet about how graduates can make steady income working for themselves,as far as nigerians use fuel,they will make money,as soon as i tel them how to start they all go mute,how can u start a business without buyin tools?sebi you op rented space,bought equipment and funiture,e.t.c abeg nigerian graduates i hail una.
lol. That's why I laff when people jump up on 100k salary.

I will create a post that will help people solve transport money problem if they need to travel for an interview or job aptitude test. That way, they can at least support themselves with such money.

At the right time and right frame of mind.

What many don't realise is that every company applied to is someone's BUSINESS, a business center actually.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by sonshyne: 4:41pm On Feb 19, 2016
food for thought. well said. May God open our eyes to see things beyond our nose.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle? by wilgraham702: 8:28pm On Feb 27, 2016
OP...God bless you real good,You just shared my thought...I am always here on Nairaland and hope to testify some day soon as well...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Attention: Npower Batch C1 Crediting Of Accounts For January Payment Commences / Inec Recruiting / 5 Things You Should Never Do While Waiting To Hear Back About A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.