Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,047 members, 7,828,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Meet The Graduate Who Sweeps The Streets Of Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The Graduate Who Sweeps The Streets Of Lagos (1537 Views)

Betty Akeredolu Sweeps Oja Oba Market In Akure (Photos) / Breaking: PDP Sweeps Rivers Rerun Elections- Premium-Times(photos) / Pictures Of Vacuum Cleaners That sweeps The Streets Of Enugu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Graduate Who Sweeps The Streets Of Lagos by thatsmartgirl(f): 8:05pm On Feb 17, 2016
[img]https://2.bp..com/-gGw_VMh4dys/VsS3NT6FRVI/AAAAAAAAALs/2pafe4Ei1N8/s640/graduatecaptured.PNG[/img]
According to color psychology, orange radiates warmth and happiness, combining the physical energy and stimulation of red with the cheerfulness of yellow. It can be optimistic, uplifting and even fun.
Shola might beg to differ. An ill-fitting bright orange uniform hung loosely off his short and slim frame, almost mirroring the incongruity of a Banking and Finance graduate sweeping the streets of Lagos. It is unlikely that seeing and wearing this costume everyday filled him with a sense of optimism. The scene before me certainly didn’t feel uplifting.
Yet, Shola stood out to me for one reason: a smile plastered across his face despite the back-breaking and often demeaning work he was doing. He wheeled a trolley partially filled with trash and stopped occasionally to pick up more dirt on the road. Cleaning up rubbish on the road isn’t exactly a pleasant thing to do. Yet, he did it with a smile. My interest was piqued.
Born and bred in Ogun state, he had always admired bankers and decided to become one. His course choice wasn’t a surprise to his parents when he applied to a nearby Polytechnic. With the myriad of banks in Nigeria today, he was pretty confident that he would be gainfully employed but life had other plans.
I graduated with HND in Banking and Finance in Moshood Abiola Polytechnic MAPOLY in 2007. Since there was no Read More Here: http://www.zainabsblog.com/2016/02/meet-graduate-who-sweeps-streets-of.html
Re: Meet The Graduate Who Sweeps The Streets Of Lagos by Spanner4(m): 8:08pm On Feb 17, 2016
Sai change Sai my Foot

What u get from APShit
Re: Meet The Graduate Who Sweeps The Streets Of Lagos by 2boiz(m): 8:13pm On Feb 17, 2016
Hmm
Go to [/s]state of[s] Osun state and see what O'YES do too. And most of dis guys are grads as well
Re: Meet The Graduate Who Sweeps The Streets Of Lagos by tubouncen(m): 8:16pm On Feb 17, 2016
I first saw this article in 2009/2010

So stale
Re: Meet The Graduate Who Sweeps The Streets Of Lagos by thatsmartgirl(f): 8:22pm On Feb 17, 2016
tubouncen:
I first saw this article in 2009/2010

So stale
Tubouncen, are you sure it's thesame article, cus I just checked to see the publish date on Zainab's Blog as 16 Feb 2016
Re: Meet The Graduate Who Sweeps The Streets Of Lagos by tubouncen(m): 8:27pm On Feb 17, 2016
thatsmartgirl:
Tubouncen, are you sure it's thesame article, cus I just checked to see the publish date on Zainab's Blog as 16 Feb 2016

It's same, i was in mapoly when i first read, it was during fashola's first tenure.... don't believe everything u see in blogs
Re: Meet The Graduate Who Sweeps The Streets Of Lagos by Idrismusty97(m): 9:09pm On Feb 17, 2016
Meet the man who doesn't gives a fvck.

Re: Meet The Graduate Who Sweeps The Streets Of Lagos by oduastates: 10:03pm On Feb 17, 2016
Graduates should be manning the police force, customs ,quarantine etc while the current police officers should be sweeping the streets.
Re: Meet The Graduate Who Sweeps The Streets Of Lagos by thatsmartgirl(f): 9:09pm On Feb 18, 2016
tubouncen:

It's same, i was in mapoly when i first read, it was during fashola's first tenure.... don't believe everything u see in blogs
okay

1 Like

Re: Meet The Graduate Who Sweeps The Streets Of Lagos by tubouncen(m): 9:14pm On Feb 18, 2016
thatsmartgirl:
okay

Hey, whats up
Re: Meet The Graduate Who Sweeps The Streets Of Lagos by NobleAngell(f): 9:22pm On Feb 18, 2016
I know what alot of people will be saying, "God forbid for me to resort to sweeping the streets as a graduate".
I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. YES! GODFORBID EVIL.

My God hasnt brought me this far to drop me on d streets. I make my boast in d Lord, I dunno about any other person.
Re: Meet The Graduate Who Sweeps The Streets Of Lagos by thatsmartgirl(f): 9:25pm On Feb 18, 2016
tubouncen:

Hey, whats up
I'm doing ghud. u?
Re: Meet The Graduate Who Sweeps The Streets Of Lagos by tubouncen(m): 9:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
thatsmartgirl:
I'm doing ghud. u?

I'm fine... Are u a blogger?
Re: Meet The Graduate Who Sweeps The Streets Of Lagos by thatsmartgirl(f): 10:02pm On Feb 18, 2016
tubouncen:

I'm fine... Are u a blogger?
Not really! I actually help someone that's new to the web entirely... Why do u ask?
Re: Meet The Graduate Who Sweeps The Streets Of Lagos by tubouncen(m): 10:31pm On Feb 18, 2016
thatsmartgirl:
Not really! I actually help someone that's new to the web entirely... Why do u ask?

Ur monika sounds like one thatsmartgirl....

(1) (Reply)

FG Panics: Nnamdi Kanu Hires 2 New SAN (hilarious Photo) / Niger Delta Avengers' Website Repossessed By Domain Giant Godaddy. / 21 Assistant Inspectors General Of Police Retired From The Force Today(see LIST)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.