Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira (72866 Views)

What Happened To The Naira Swap / CBN Floats The Naira, The Implications For You And I / Brief History Of The Fall Of The Nigerian Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by blackpanda: 4:33am On Feb 19, 2016
Lamexx:
This is BUHARINOMICS. And to think that we have a Finance Minister and CBN governor. By the time it gets to NGN1,000 to a dollar, maybe Nigerians will wake up and use the CHANGE they deceived us with to pursue this govt out of Aso rock. Hope it would not be too late by then.

So what solution have u proposed other than wailing What shld buhari be doing that he is not doing? I think many years of being spoon-fed has led to unpatriotism, greed, laziness and irresponsibility. You just sit at home and nag, and yet go ahead to buy expensive phones, cars and other imported products. Buhari shld do magic abi? Smh

4 Likes

Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by Nobody: 4:40am On Feb 19, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

No.
Goodluck Jonathan stole all the money Nigeria had.
Buhari got into office and he was left with nothing.

Since, Buhari got into office, the oil price dropped drastically, and Naira fell also.

When did Buhari get all the money he's been running his government with ??
Nigeria's local and international debt profile stands at US$60billion, and of course, the government has been finding it very easy to pay salaries and meet other obligations.

2 Likes

Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by sundoj08(m): 4:42am On Feb 19, 2016
Ipledge10 oya let's start pumping dollars to Naija, time to collect our own share of the national cake of *falling Naira* grin
Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by Nobody: 4:45am On Feb 19, 2016
Exporters may not benefit fully. Reasons being that the demand for foreign products will fall drasticallly depending on the elasticity of demand for the product.

1 Like

Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by RichYoungNigger(m): 4:46am On Feb 19, 2016
saxywale:

Nigeria's local and international debt profile stands at US$60billion, and of course, the government has been finding it very easy to pay salaries and meet other obligations.

Other obligations such as Buhari flying over the world and his campaign cost was $80 million

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by Nobody: 4:50am On Feb 19, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

Other obligations such as Buhari flying over the world and his campaign cost was $80 million
Atleast, he is not travelling with a 200 man delegation paying for hotels that cost $10,000 per night, and can you tell us how much PDP campaigned with

Jonathan's Destiny Is To Bankrupt Nigeria –Pastor Bakare (2012)

3 Likes

Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by RichYoungNigger(m): 4:54am On Feb 19, 2016
saxywale:

Atleast, he is not travelling with a 200 man delegation paying for hotels that cost $10,000 per night, and can you tell us how much PDP campaigned with

Jonathan's Destiny Is To Bankrupt Nigeria –Pastor Bakare (2012)

OK.
Good point.
Take that shiit and shove it into your ass.
Your economy is going dead and you're still blaming GEJ ??
Leaders of tomorrow ?? I can see why a 79 year old man is the president of Nigeria, the youths (so called leaders of tomorrow) are busy sucking some dick

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by Nobody: 4:57am On Feb 19, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

OK.
Good point.
Take that shiit and shove it into your ass.
Your economy is going dead and you're still blaming GEJ ??
Leaders of tomorrow ?? I can see why a 79 year old man is the president of Nigeria, the youths (so called leaders of tomorrow) are busy sucking some dick
You are a d!ckhead, and you might as well stick your opinions where the sun don't shine.

http://africanspotlight.com/2015/05/20/buhari-is-inheriting-the-worst-economy-in-nigerias-history-a-debt-of-60b-osinbajo/

http://www.businessjournalng.com/sp-nigeria-faces-difficult-economic-conditions-in-2o16/

3 Likes

Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by PoliticalThuG(m): 4:57am On Feb 19, 2016
phemybof:

ur name depict d kind of fish-brain you carry.
IPOB are just too greedy in everythin, the Nigeria problm sinc independence
shut up

3 Likes

Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by Pavore9: 5:06am On Feb 19, 2016
NiGeRianTr0ll:

Who made this criminal a mod? shocked

Sometimes it all seems to surreal to be true...I buy gas dirt cheap at $1.70 these days.

Someone should tell Diasporan Nigerians to stop sending money and show some patriotism

*YAWNS*...Na your type dey Hail my Father CHIEF inside Burger King and MCDonald's.

Okoro feeling Funky undecided

A criminal? I get to receive my export proceeds through CBN and am paid less than N200 per dollar and l need to import some raw materials for my production and banks sells to me dollars at nearly N300 for one, who is the criminal...I or the banks who are making almost a N100 per dollar from the dollar l earned for the Nigerian economy?

9 Likes

Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by RaptorX: 5:06am On Feb 19, 2016
Ayodejioak:
Here in Yankee even if u curently have $1000 dollars, you are millionaire at home. Come to think of it I make that in a week.
How did $1000 make one a millionaire? Even if you earn that in a week, don't you have to pay bills, eat and other miscellaneous expenses.

3 Likes

Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by NiGeRianTr0ll(m): 5:06am On Feb 19, 2016
sundoj08:
Ipledge10 oya let's start pumping dollars to Naija, time to collect our own share of the national cake of *falling Naira* grin

Its not good oh, show your patriotism na
Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by MzPecs(f): 5:11am On Feb 19, 2016
chelseabmw:
Internet Fraudsters aka Yahoo Boiz Are Smiling This Period

Ah swear! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by Lexusgs430: 5:20am On Feb 19, 2016
You seem to be forgetting the British Pound (£). £200.00 is now N1000, 600, £1000 is now N503,000. This trend smells jolly for exporters!!!!!
Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by Nawa4nl: 5:22am On Feb 19, 2016
Nigerians Face the facts.

B00hari is planless.

Nigeria has a tourist as a president

The sooner you get b00hari out the better.

5 Likes

Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by seoxpert(m): 5:23am On Feb 19, 2016
Kk
Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by I888(m): 5:28am On Feb 19, 2016
steph2sweet:
I have totally lost hope in this government, what a mess.
don't lose hope. Think of what you can do to favour you.

People are making use of information in their reach

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by abbey621(m): 5:30am On Feb 19, 2016
I'm also benefiting as I've exchanged more than $15000 dollars in 2 days. The Naira will eventually rise when the official rate is adjusted close to 220 or 230 and the forex restrictions lifted. This will be the proper time to strike and change money back to dollars for extra profit.....UpNigeria!
Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by ussy09(m): 5:37am On Feb 19, 2016
PoliticalThuG:
Next time when u hear "change", ask very well which type of change are they talking about.. I only pity my yoruba prothers who have nothing to produce apart from cocoa and cola
And u think coco n cola is nothing?
Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by banmee(m): 5:38am On Feb 19, 2016
PoliticalThuG:
Next time when u hear "change", ask very well which type of change are they talking about.. I only pity my yoruba prothers who have nothing to produce apart from cocoa and cola

you are just too s.tupid for words.
Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by Originalsly: 5:40am On Feb 19, 2016
Guess those who receive money from relatives abroad would see a big increase and be smiling all the way to the Malls.....but... the relatives may cut back on the amount they send to maintain the same amount of naira received at the other end.
Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by ygenius: 5:41am On Feb 19, 2016
very soon to buy gaarri,1 cup,we will be using wheel barrow to carry the currency
Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by Abeymills(m): 5:43am On Feb 19, 2016
Here is d most deluded n confused govt ever to rule Nigeria wat a shame bubu can never ban bdc they are his brothers he is so clueless about about everything

1 Like

Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by ebbie9ja(m): 5:49am On Feb 19, 2016
Yahoo boiz nko?
Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by PeinDanzo(m): 5:51am On Feb 19, 2016
drlaykay:
This dollar restriction policy is an interesting idea.sounds so beautiful and promising.

But only God knows how long it will take to achieve its goals.

Check the top drawer, u'll see some tablets of sense ..take as many as u can

1 Like

Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by CyberWolf: 5:58am On Feb 19, 2016
MzPecs:

Ah swear! grin grin grin
That's not true.. Any hard currency entering Nigeria, bank will pay you in Naira and of course, the official exchange rate. Unless you have a domiciliary account but then, you can't just pay money into a dom account from abroad just like that unless it's dom to dom wire transfer.. Not everyone abroad has a dom account..Anyway lipsrsealed
Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by CyberWolf: 5:59am On Feb 19, 2016
Originalsly:
Guess those who receive money from relatives abroad would see a big increase and be smiling all the way to the Malls.....but... the relatives may cut back on the amount they send to maintain the same amount of naira received at the other end.
Banks gives you naira equivalent not dollars.
Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by CyberWolf: 6:01am On Feb 19, 2016
chelseabmw:
Internet Fraudsters aka Yahoo Boiz Are Smiling This Period
That's not true... Banks pay naira equivalent...
Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by Missonas(f): 6:13am On Feb 19, 2016
Op u forgot to add bloggers, the very popular ones I mean
Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by olajizz01(m): 6:15am On Feb 19, 2016
PoliticalThuG:
Stop playing to the gallery,this kind of economic situation didnt know whether PDP,APC,LP,APGA or what so ever,are they the one fixing the price of crude oil in world market,we are only suffering for mono economy we are running all these while,and all the past govt are responsible for our woes.
Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by AdeniyiA(m): 6:15am On Feb 19, 2016
steph2sweet:
I have totally lost hope in this government, what a mess.

You think this government caused this?
do you know the story of our economy for the past decades,that it's been a monoeconomy and our past leaders have been clueless about how to diversify?
if it's going to get better, it has to get this bad

2 Likes

Re: These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira by Localamos(m): 6:18am On Feb 19, 2016
This is a watery report aimed at attracting cheap popularity. My reasons:
1. Exchange rates for online transactions are not set by the banks. They are determined by Visa International and Matter Card.
2. Exchange rates for online purchases have never risen up to N299. It was N226
3. CBN has blocked the use of ATM for online purchases.
4. CBN does not release forex to individuals. The revised Dutch Auction System (DAC) requires Banks to bid on behalf of their customers at the Inter Bank Sessions. Successful bids get the approved Dollars. So there's no way CBN can arbitrarily sell to their friends and cronies.
5. The restriction of sale of Dollars to certain businesses is a temporary measure taken by the CBN to manage the demand on the Dollar. Generally, this measure excludes goods that have substitutes that are produced in Nigeria. Not that they are "irresponsible", but why would you fund the importation of a commodity that is abundantly produced in Nigeria?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where To Buy Wholesale Cosmetic Products In Naija / US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? / Dangote And Otedola Flaunt Cheap Phones That Will Surprise You (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.