Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,262 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Why We Have Eze Ndi Igbo In Diaspora. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why We Have Eze Ndi Igbo In Diaspora. (938 Views)

Body Of Igwe Henry Ekwueme, Eze Ndi Igbo In China, Lands In Lagos Airport / Corpse Of Igwe Henry Ekwueme, Eze Ndi Igbo In China Packaged; To Be Flown To Nig / Igbos In Diaspora Build Mud Houses With Whites To Exhibit Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Have Eze Ndi Igbo In Diaspora. by RapLawd(m): 10:35am On Feb 19, 2016
Hello Nairalanders,

I'm going to make this short by just saying the simplest truth and the only fact why there're Eze Ndi Igbo in diaspora...

Yes, we have Eze Ndi Igbo all over the world,wherever we are,we have a king!!!,how does it sound? I guess pathetic and chest beating right? Or you can call it bit of arrogance, who cares?...

So down to business,

Eze Ndi Igbo in diaspora is not the same as the Eze in any part of Igbo land, So thus does not carry any royal significant and can't be of any authority other than representing the Igbo community that he heads in another man's territory, he thus is answerable to any indigenous ruler of his host, but while at it, is to be accorded some respect for the sake of those he represents...

So you see, Eze Ndi Igbo in diaspora is political and anyone can emerge as the title bearer but by no means is he of any special value in Igbo land, he is the one that charters any cause for his people and also speaks for his people to his ruler host!.

But what I donxt get is why people speak ill of Igbo people for having such in diaspora and within Nigeria and we do have such in farer nations without any fuss from the host countries, it's only in Nigeria that you here such like "Eze Ndi Igbo In Yoruba land is illegal" " Ndi Igbo can't have a leader in Hausa land because it a taboo",all this why there are Nigeria, Igbo,Hausa,Yoruba,and other tribal communities beyond our borders...

You guys should stop saying Igbos this and that in another man's land cus no Igbo man is going to be installed as Ooni Of Ife or Emir Of Kano!!!
Re: Why We Have Eze Ndi Igbo In Diaspora. by Chicagoesontop: 10:51am On Feb 19, 2016
Talking about EZE Ndi Igbo in international levels, i love that i respect that, they are money makin men that brings the igbo youths together anywhere we are.

I HAIL YOU EZE NDI IGBO NA SPAIN.
I HAIL YOU EZE NDI IGBO NA GHANA !!

You Men Are Doing Good Jobs for the igbo community !
Re: Why We Have Eze Ndi Igbo In Diaspora. by RapLawd(m): 11:09am On Feb 19, 2016
Chicagoesontop:
Talking about EZE Ndi Igbo in international levels, i love that i respect that, they are money makin men that brings the igbo youths together anywhere we are.

I HAIL YOU EZE NDI IGBO NA SPAIN.
I HAIL YOU EZE NDI IGBO NA GHANA !!

You Men Are Doing Good Jobs for the igbo community !

Honestly, e dey pain me say dem dey misyarn about my pipo!

1 Like

Re: Why We Have Eze Ndi Igbo In Diaspora. by kelechi50: 11:16am On Feb 19, 2016
Please does Eze Ndigbo title a threat to the Host community, if yes why or is it pure hatred for the Igbo's
Re: Why We Have Eze Ndi Igbo In Diaspora. by sainty2k3(m): 2:46pm On Feb 19, 2016
kelechi50:
Please does Eze Ndigbo title a threat to the Host community, if yes why or is it pure hatred for the Igbo's

it is only threat because of the excesses, like the one in Akure refuses to bow to the king of the land claiming he's also a king. its supposed to be a social title ,not a royal title comparing themselves to the king of the land.
I stayed in the east an I have never heard anything like oba of Yoruba there. its odd.

(1) (Reply)

Help On Functions Of Oyomesi / My Ghanaian Friend Said He Does Not Associate With Ghana / Where To Buy The Best Aso Oke Fabric In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.