Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes (2441 Views)

Nigerian Banks Aid Looters - EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu / Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again / EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Visits Idps Camps In Abuja, Donate Food Items (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by TopCelebritiesM: 5:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
The Acting Executive Chairman of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) opened up recently about the challenges the agency is facing in fighting corruption in Nigeria. Read on..
“People have the right to say that we are selective. But any minister or government official that is accused of corruption will be investigated. We will invite the person to our office. We are already investigating the NNPC. Even now Omokore is back in cell. I don’t know how he managed the publicity, he has been in cell for three days.” We won’t spare anybody He said: “Corruption is an attack on our individual and corporate security. It is deliberate and calculated wickedness against our existence. Those stealing and abusing our common patrimony do not wish us well. They do not wish our health, education, security, convenience, prosperity and posterity well. They do not wish us well among the comity of civilized nations.
“We are here (EFCC) due to divine intervention. I am here to tell you that there is impunity in the country, there is corruption and abuse of office. I am here to tell you that the fight against corruption is not about me, it is about the whole of Nigeria. We are all stakeholders in this business. I am here to tell you that corruption is fighting back. I need your support more than before because people steal our commonwealth and they hire lawyers to fight us. “I know that in every sphere of life, we have the good, the bad and the ugly. I am not saying we don’t have bad ones among us in the EFCC. I have realized that people are fighting us both from within and outside. But we need to be committed to whatever we are doing; I am not saying that we are correct all the time. I am not averse to criticism. I always welcome criticisms; when you look back it will help the system. I am saying that people have money. “Now, we have a gang that is really fighting us. We have a gang of about 133 lawyers that are fighting back in the system. They are fighting everybody. If care is not taken, this fight will turn into a fight between the haves and have-nots, which is why I want everybody to support us. Most of these senior lawyers don’t care. If you don’t have money, they can’t take your brief. They use the proceeds of corruption to do their business. Otherwise why... http://www.topcelebritiesng.com/efcc-boss-ibrahim-magu-explodes/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by Mjshexy(f): 5:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
Mr Magu, you have got the total support of the sensible Nigerians, my only regret is that these thieves are still allowed to see the sun, firing squard would have calmed our nerves angry

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by tuniski: 6:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
Mjshexy:
Mr Magu, you have got the total support of the sensible Nigerians, my only regret is that these thieves are still allowed to see the sun, firing squard would have calmed our nerves angry
Stop promoting lawlessness. And Magu should do his job not attacking lawyers prosecuting corruption is a thorough not emotional job!

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by Mjshexy(f): 6:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
tuniski:

Stop promoting lawlessness. And Magu should do his job not attacking lawyers prosecuting corruption is a thorough not emotional job!
but u can promote money laundry aiite, it's better he speaks out now because we know how corrupt some of those silly lawyers are but thank God we have a determined efcc boss & a no nonsense President. Good news is that those who have milked this country dry will never know peace by God's Grace.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by denko(m): 6:21pm On Feb 19, 2016
any thing short of the law i pity him cos he wud not be there tommorow it is the law that protect everybody from the power of state.
Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by naijaboy756: 6:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
Mjshexy:
but u can promote money laundry aiite, it's better he speaks out now because we know how corrupt some of those silly lawyers are but thank God we have a determined efcc boss & a no nonsense President. Good news is that those who have milked this country dry will never know peace by God's Grace.
shut up child! Enough of media gra gra. Why did they withdraw case against Metuh? Get busy now!
Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by Mjshexy(f): 6:40pm On Feb 19, 2016
naijaboy756:
shut up child! Enough of media gra gra. Why did they withdraw case against Metuh? Get busy now!
Who is this foetus/zygote, Ode like u should have asked if Metuh has been set free from all the allegations set b4 him, cretins like u are the reason y corruption has crippled this nation. Run along nw kid

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by lawydewy(m): 6:42pm On Feb 19, 2016
God will punish evel doers!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by doctokwus: 7:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
Magu though sounding a bit antagonistic to defence of clearly corrupt individuals,which is not right and not his own intention,made a solid inference that people are not paying heed to.That is that if the battle is not fought to a, logical acceptable conclusion,it may be left to be a battle btw the halves and d halves not.
If EFCC is not supported to fight this battle to a standstill,the anger in the land maynot be what even those that detest a dictatorship, can sustain.
The cost of losing this war is worse than the price of a return to military rule.He that has ear should hear.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by OlujobaSamuel: 7:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
Magu, continue with your good work, infect any corrupt fellow with magun jare.
This man understands his duty better than the previous boss, people don't realize that these corrupt criminals have enough fund at their disposal to disrupt any reasonable economic growth.
The difference between we and developed nations is that we have more people trying to destroy the nation than those trying to build it, over there, they have more people unconsciously engaged in corrupt act, but here, more people consciously perpetuate corrupt acts.
To apostles of leave corruption and grow the economy, how many of you can invest in the north east? Am sure, none is ready to, the crisis we have in the north east can only be promoted through corrupt funds from those that have access to gov't purse or illegal dealings. No private individual can establish a legal entity, sweating to making profit and at the end divert it to terrorism act

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by OlujobaSamuel: 7:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
I understand Magu's position on the issue of lawyers attacking law enforcement agencies and even the judge with so many unreasonable issues.
Some of this old SANs lectured the judges on some of their case, and you can hardly see any san that is ready to take up a government brief due to the pay, so it's easier to collect millions from am accused corrupt fellow than to take up a government brief. They also know how to intimidate the judges because some of them are juniors to the lawyers back then in school, except for the radical judges that won't look your face.
There was a case, I think Akintola, it was a constitutional matter, and he was telling the judge that he was one of those that drafted the constitution and this was the spirit in which that provision was made.
For a judge that wasn't called to bench as at the time the constitution was written, am sure he would think twice before making any pronouncement against such lawyer.
Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by OPCNAIRALAND: 7:38pm On Feb 19, 2016
tuniski:

Even the legal institution itself addresses ethics and the need for practitioners to be mindful and weigh the consequences of action.

The accused thieves are still entitled to legal representation but that defense is to make sure their rights are not abused, it is not intended for it to be a denial. There are trails and footprints that show money going from point a to b and their fingerprints are all in it...all way to bank. Even managers in bank, under interrogation are identifying and fin.ger.ing who own these accounts swollen high with citizens money.

The money meant for our collective future, they are converting and storing for their children future. Where is the justice?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by naijaboy756: 8:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
Mjshexy:
Who is this foetus/zygote, Ode like u should have asked if Metuh has been set free from all the allegations set b4 him, cretins like u are the reason y corruption has crippled this nation. Run along nw kid
lol e pain am... I surprised how human beings still support APC....

1 Like

Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by smsshola(m): 8:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hmmm....
Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by jamace(m): 8:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
I support you 100%. I know Nigeria is caged by corrupt individuals, but I bet you, you are already making progress in dismantling the evil mountain.
Please do your best and let posterity judge you.
Well done!
Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by babadem2much(m): 8:43pm On Feb 19, 2016
Mr Magu , I am solidly behind you, the jobless youth will keep ranting rule of law while the 133 Sanist Lawyers who some are trained with our tax will come out defeding them but 2k thieves will receive jungle justice.

I only pity those supporting politicians who don't even know you exist.
they are the cause of collapsing economy but pretending
Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by Jokerman(m): 10:59pm On Feb 19, 2016
Magu... u re also a thief.. a corrupt lackey who wud be dumped once Baba leaves dat seat... until u go against Obj, Tinubu, Danjuma, Gej, Buhari, SLS, Rochas, Abacha's family, T.A orji et al.. then u re nothing buh u thief too.... No money for u too refund to APC to pay debts... dey must work hard for d money before dey begin chop...

1 Like

Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by omowolewa: 11:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
A giant stride in the anti corruption war is the identity verification process, the government got the issue of BVN and TSA right.
But National Orientation Agency is lagging behind in orienting Nigerians on ethics, impact and definition of corruption.

But I think the government should now focus more on the economy, maybe things are happening that we have not seen yet.
Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by tuniski: 9:59am On Feb 20, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

Even the legal institution itself addresses ethics and the need for practitioners to be mindful and weigh the consequences of action.

The accused thieves are still entitled to legal representation but that defense is to make sure their rights are not abused, it is not intended for it to be a denial. There are trails and footprints that show money going from point a to b and their fingerprints are all in it...all way to bank. Even managers in bank, under interrogation are identifying and fin.ger.ing who own these accounts swollen high with citizens money.

The money meant for our collective future, they are converting and storing for their children future. Where is the justice?
All u have said is emotional. We must all rise against corruption. However, corruption takes different forms and many are guilty!! What is needed is to strengthen the institutions and get many more citizens on the anti corruption crusade not the current mouthiness!

Let efcc get thorough and stop emotions. Their is no alternative to rule of law. Becos corruption is not even codified and properly defined, we seem to just follow the sentiments of the govt in power.

No matter the emotions, u must prove Beyond doubt corruption took place! It is not the sum but the act!
Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by tuniski: 10:07am On Feb 20, 2016
Mjshexy:

We get it wrong the moment we make anti corruption war a buhari's war, no it is not! It. Is our war all of us and must be continuous. Stop man worshiping and engage govt on strengthening institutions. Corruption in nigeria in most cases in nigeria is a product of need than greed!
Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by Mjshexy(f): 11:08am On Feb 20, 2016
tuniski:

We get it wrong the moment we make anti corruption war a buhari's war, no it is not! It. Is our war all of us and must be continuous. Stop man worshiping and engage govt on strengthening institutions. Corruption in nigeria in most cases in nigeria is a product of need than greed!
Yes it is a collective effort but when u have a sleeping president bent on weakening the anti-corruption bodies like the last president, the fight becomes a waste of time, also we must condemn individuals like naijaboy756 & others who see this anti-corruption fight as a witch hunt thereby promoting corruption.
Re: EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu Explodes by tuniski: 11:28am On Feb 20, 2016
Mjshexy:
Yes it is a collective effort but when u have a sleeping president bent on weakening the anti-corruption bodies like the last president, the fight becomes a waste of time, also we must condemn individuals like naijaboy756 & others who see this anti-corruption fight as a witch hunt thereby promoting corruption.
For as long as it is buhari's war as seen by the #IstandWithBuhari where Magu was plain partisan!
He should stand with nigeria. Buhari's anti corruption is witch hunt. It is a nigeria's war that won't be witch hunting!

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Yemi Osinbajo And Daughters, Dami & Kiki At A Traditional Wedding / JUST IN: EFCC Arrests Ibrahim Babangida, Three Others / I Slapped A Police Officer Today - See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.