Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again (57003 Views)

What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk / Best Foods From North Africa / Hilarious Photos Of Cakes That Probably Taste Better Than They Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by BALLOSKI: 6:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
Yeah, I said ‘probably’ because I’m not totally sure if they’ve all been discontinued or not, but everyone I asked said they haven’t seen them in far too long either.

Oh and by the way, if you’ve actually eaten all 17 things on this list, you’re OLD sha…

1. Coconut cookie
2. Speedy
3. Fishly snack
4. Pepper snacks

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by BALLOSKI: 6:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
More

5. Bazooka
6. Dandy bubble gum
7. Robot Bubble Gum
8. Goody Goody

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Alertz3(m): 6:04pm On Feb 19, 2016
Yesoooh.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by oteneaaron(m): 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
I soo ate that coconut biscuit in my primary school days.....wait ooo....i don de old oo.....make i do marry oo...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by BALLOSKI: 6:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
9. Okin Biscuit
10. Nasco Wafers
11. Planta Margarine
12. Glucose Malted Milk

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by BALLOSKI: 6:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
13. Gold Spot
14. Tandi Guarana
15. Kiddy
16. Telephone Drink

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by SamJed(m): 6:14pm On Feb 19, 2016
Mehn i loved fishly and pepper snacks very very much

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by BALLOSKI: 6:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
So, if by any chance you ever see any of the things on this list in the market or at a store, PLEASE take a picture and send it to lola@zikokomag.com or just mention us on twitter @Zikokomag.

Lalasticlala, pick up the call. You appreciate diversed thread more than any mod on nairaland. Trust you!

17. Tree Top

http://zikoko.com/list/17-foods-from-your-nigerian-childhood-youll-probably-never-see-again/?utm_source=dlvr_nnd&utm_medium=twitter

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by azeeza(f): 6:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
Coconut cookies stil de my mumsie shop, incase you have not tasted it before. Mi like it soaked in milk hmmm yummy

5 Likes

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by BALLOSKI: 6:52pm On Feb 19, 2016
azeeza:
Coconut cookies stil de my mumsie shop, incase you have not tasted it before. Mi like it soaked in milk hmmm yummy
how can I gerrit? Send the picture to the email address above.
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by delishpot: 7:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
Seen all except that Tandi drink and yes, I don OLD

1 Like

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by BALLOSKI: 7:58pm On Feb 19, 2016
delishpot:
Seen all except that Tandi drink and yes, I don OLD
grin cheesy

I have not seen some too.
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
oteneaaron:
I soo ate that coconut biscuit in my primary school days.....wait ooo....i don de old oo.....make i do marry oo...
lol
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by delishpot: 8:48pm On Feb 19, 2016
BALLOSKI:
grin cheesy

I have not seen some too.

Not seen some? You are still young grin grin

I wonder if fishy, speedo okin and Odin were popular all around Naija or were they mostly available in the Western part of the country?
One viscuite that also faded out was EFCO(was competing with cabin) and the Chocolate Cabin can't remember if it was EFCO too.

11 Likes

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 19, 2016
Came out in my SS class. Hated speedy, loved d coconut one.
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by kay29000(m): 9:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hmm! I remember wanting to learn how to blow bubblegum, and my brother and his friends instructed me to use my 1 naira food money to buy like a dozen of that long bubblegum. Kai! Memories. I learnt that day sha...although my jaw hurt throughout the next day. I remember Dandy was the hard chewing gum.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by BALLOSKI: 9:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
delishpot:

Not seen some? You are still young grin grin

I wonder if fishy, speedo okin and Odin were popular all around Naija or were they mostly available in the Western part of the country?
One viscuite that also faded out was EFCO(was competing with cabin) and the Chocolate Cabin can't remember if it was EFCO too.
grin grin I still young.
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
so many snacks have come and gone but cabin biscuit has refuse to go grin

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by habex005(m): 9:37pm On Feb 19, 2016
I guess these are accient foods

1 Like

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by MzPecs(f): 9:37pm On Feb 19, 2016
Glucose malted milk biscuit still exist!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by efilefun(m): 9:38pm On Feb 19, 2016
Just strolling by with my surest paddy grin

11 Likes

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by cartoonday(m): 9:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
Damn!!!.....real old skul...
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
Wow this food items or shud I say snacks were jus d best money cn buy
I don ova old self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by winilove(f): 9:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
Bubble gum &coconut cookies are my best. Cum o dt means say I don old cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Owoloku1: 9:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
cosmo84:
Came out in my SS class. Hated speedy, loved d coconut one.
In your SS class shocked shocked...my dear you be grandparent ooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
Speedy biscuit!!. ...pry 2 was fun!!
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by ednut1(m): 9:40pm On Feb 19, 2016
speedy addict bk den. abeg who knows where dat mixed race babe in eclairs advert dey. and its one place its gonna be in my mouth so go get urs now. i need to find her cos i love her hehehe

12 Likes

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by winilove(f): 9:41pm On Feb 19, 2016
Bubble gum &coconut cookies are my best, cum o dt mean say I don old cool
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by csc2(m): 9:41pm On Feb 19, 2016
grin grin
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by omonnakoda: 9:42pm On Feb 19, 2016
Donald Cook's Margarine. If you remember that you are old........

1 Like

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by ipledge10(m): 9:42pm On Feb 19, 2016
My coconut biscuit and shibije

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by modivaz(f): 9:43pm On Feb 19, 2016
Had almost all except about 4 of them..haha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Type Of Peppersoup Is Your Favourite? (pictures) / Season Of Aku. Do You Eat It / Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.