Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,287 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again (57119 Views)

What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk / Best Foods From North Africa / Hilarious Photos Of Cakes That Probably Taste Better Than They Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by BALLOSKI: 7:17am On Feb 20, 2016
medexico:

I have eaten 11 out of 17 I'm I still old?

Coconut cookie
Speedy
Fishly snack
Pepper snacks
Gold spot
Kiddy... all thse items still exist but not as sweet as before.
you are old, my brother. grin

Some still exist , but that 'childhood taste' we have of them, I guess , it's what is missing right now.
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by tomzman: 7:19am On Feb 20, 2016
I so enjoyed speedy back then. Good old days.
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by BALLOSKI: 7:20am On Feb 20, 2016
ODUBEZE:

missed Okin biscuit d 4 corner. At a time it was scarce but when it was later reproduced, it was never d same.
Not to forget NASCO biscuit hahaha
I know of a bros whose area nickname is "NASCO calendar" grin and I think this name was gotten from his love for nasco and also a certain calendar from them.
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by BALLOSKI: 7:21am On Feb 20, 2016
shumuel:

kikiki Lol i don old... But come o, are you serious coz those Yale biscuits still exists, especially speedy, ate it late last year.

There are just too many not on that list, can't even remember their names anymore,, Banana chewing gum, Short bread/cake, yale sweets, Milkose, one lemon sweet like that, it has medicine in the middle for cough,, Dankwa, sprint chewing gum, e.t.c
you don old my brother. grin
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by BALLOSKI: 7:23am On Feb 20, 2016
madepearl:
dey sell dem in my area,i eat speedy daily
wow! Send the picture to d email address na.
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Skmoda360(m): 7:45am On Feb 20, 2016
I shak almost every every frm 1 to 17...shai mi ti old.
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by 9jatatafo(m): 7:49am On Feb 20, 2016
Nikko sweet and Dr Pepper
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Fessy09(m): 8:04am On Feb 20, 2016
what about 'Big Bite' biscuit
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Angelovic96: 8:04am On Feb 20, 2016
Lacomus:
so many snacks have come and gone but cabin biscuit has refuse to go grin

yesoo! those gud old days cabin was very cheep but i hate it because is nt sweet
then naira was not as low to 391 per dollar
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Dandarte: 8:07am On Feb 20, 2016
...have had a taste of everything on that list except Bazooka chewing gum. Maybe I can't really remember ever seeing it tho. However, I'd kill to have Goody goody , okin shortcake biscuits and Planta Margarine back. I ate so many packs of that Goody goody chocolate way back, all the cavities in my mouth now might have been as a result of goody goody o. grin cheesy
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by sanyalai: 8:11am On Feb 20, 2016
azeeza:
Coconut cookies stil de my mumsie shop, incase you have not tasted it before. Mi like it soaked in milk hmmm yummy

The coconut and speedy biscuits sold today doesn't taste like the original any more. Especially the speedy, not crunchy and chocolate like before
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Dynamite02: 8:19am On Feb 20, 2016
Nasco wafer was the best, very crunchy. I remember peppery nico sweet with transparent red rapper, Trebor stick sweet, Pepper mint(with green pack), splint chew gum(with gold pack),nasco hard biscuit(4pcs in one pack), fanta ginger ale,fanta chapman ,limca,parle soda,supreme stick ice cream(in yellow paper pack),supreme orange pop ice cream, original butter mint (not the sugary rubbish they sell today),original eclairs,M&M's e.t.c
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by jacy67(f): 8:47am On Feb 20, 2016
Mheeen!! I miss those biscuits oooo! chai!!!! Back then, any classmate with Nasco Biscuits de like celebrity. You go get friends taya. wink

But wait o, person don old be that ooo

God, I de beg, pick my call sad
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 20, 2016
ipledge10:
gone are the days....let me guess your age...with those things u listed. ..20 to 23
tongue
I wish I was oooo... lol
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by babz11(m): 9:15am On Feb 20, 2016
Lol where did u get all this pics
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by refiner(f): 9:26am On Feb 20, 2016
I know about 11 of dem!....ate dem wen I was in prim school!

my best dere was dat goody goody and speedy!
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by jericco1(m): 9:26am On Feb 20, 2016
To those of Una wey dem no born on time....
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 20, 2016
Angelovic96:

yesoo! those gud old days cabin was very cheep but i hate it because is nt sweet
then naira was not as low to 391 per dollar
even up till date the biscuit is still very cheap, maybe that's wht has kept the biscuit in business for decades.
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 20, 2016
I remember all 17 with relish.

Of all the 17 the only one I never tasted was Telephone drink. But I did see other kids take it. It just never caught my fancy
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by kedunaija(m): 10:00am On Feb 20, 2016
oh i miss those days when i could round around my street with just my pants
http://todaynaija.com
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 20, 2016
misspicy:

you no sabi chop am jawe cheesy

me dey always suck my own for like 5 mins,before chewing,he for don soft by then cheesygrin

I remember eclairs of those days.

If you by mistake chew the thing when it is still fresh.......chei.....even a dentist wont pull out your tooth so fast.
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 20, 2016
DedeNkem:
Nigerians love junk foods. That's why they die anyhow and blame it on f*ucking juju due to the fact that huge majority of Nigerians are scientifically illiterate!

So it is only Nigeria that loves junk food.

Have you been to the US? They literally live on junk food
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Barbiekhadyjarh: 10:22am On Feb 20, 2016
So much miss goody goody
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Klogo: 10:22am On Feb 20, 2016
Goody Goody is the most precious to me. You don't see it everywhere, even then. We eat it on special days, especially when aunt came visiting from Lagos.
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Okemmuo(m): 11:20am On Feb 20, 2016
I chopped all deze tins oo... grin grin grin..Chaiyayayayayayaye grin
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Okemmuo(m): 11:23am On Feb 20, 2016
refiner:
I know about 11 of dem!....ate dem wen I was in prim school!

my best dere was dat goody goody and speedy!
. grin ;DBae so u Don old rich like dis grin.....Coman colet ma ring asap.. wink
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by refiner(f): 11:32am On Feb 20, 2016
Okemmuo:
. grin ;DBae so u Don old rich like dis grin.....Coman colet ma ring asap.. wink

lol....am married already wif 15 grand children!

so keep ur rings for someone dats ready to be Lord of d rings!!!undecided
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by montelota: 11:35am On Feb 20, 2016
BALLOSKI:
Yeah, I said ‘probably’ because I’m not totally sure if they’ve all been discontinued or not, but everyone I asked said they haven’t seen them in far too long either.

Oh and by the way, if you’ve actually eaten all 17 things on this list, you’re OLD sha…

1. Coconut cookie
2. Speedy
3. Fishly snack
4. Pepper snacks

Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 20, 2016
I miss the days of okin shortbread biscuit, nasco wafers, and Tandi(d bottles r still in my home), speedy and coconut biscuit, I used to buy those two biscuits together just to have a feel of both worlds. I miss my childhood.
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by preciousMI1(f): 11:52am On Feb 20, 2016
efilefun:
Just strolling by with my surest paddy grin
with the way D old woman is looking at them I can tell that those kids dint greet her.. she's like what a generation
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by ipledge10(m): 12:04pm On Feb 20, 2016
namedonfinish:

tongue
I wish I was oooo... lol

really u ain't btw the range,maybe younger tongue
Re: 17 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again by efilefun(m): 12:26pm On Feb 20, 2016
preciousMI1:
with the way D old woman is looking at them I can tell that those kids dint greet her.. she's like what a generation
lol, nice pic by the way

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles / Season Of Aku. Do You Eat It / What Type Of Peppersoup Is Your Favourite? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.