Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

I Want To Add Weight - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Want To Add Weight (2725 Views)

I Wanna Add Weight - Please Share Your Experience / Any Diet Or Drug To Become Fat And Add Weight? / How To Add Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Add Weight by gynny(f): 7:41pm On Feb 19, 2016
hello guys, i've been trying to add weight for sometime and it's not working. I've tried supplements, i try as much as possible to eat all the time even when i'm not hungry, and i really hate it. I tried calculating my BMI, and it indicates i'm underweight (was'nt surprised). So guys are there some special food i should eat cos my parents think i'm sick. Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Want To Add Weight by wordbank(m): 7:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
I feel same way but no matter how hard I try stress, over thinking and nature won't let me have it
Re: I Want To Add Weight by lasisi69(f): 8:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
Take tramadol 200mg

1 Like

Re: I Want To Add Weight by gynny(f): 8:29pm On Feb 19, 2016
how is tramadol going to do that please @ lasisi69
Re: I Want To Add Weight by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 19, 2016
First to add weight is not something that happens over night.

It is a painstaking adventure. First you need to know your height, weight. what your regular daily calorie intake to maintain the same shape should be .

After that, you need to make conscious effort to over eat. If you require at least 2000 cal per day. Eating foods that contain 3000 per day constantly over a 30 day period would only add about 3 to 5kg.

So imagine how consistent you have to be able to achieve growth in weight.

Like loosing weight. Gaining weight needs conscious efforts. Do not take drugs or supplements. You would only be adding to your problems. Eat healthy and you would gain weight but it would take time.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Add Weight by gynny(f): 9:16pm On Feb 19, 2016
thank you x240
Re: I Want To Add Weight by ivyT(f): 12:09am On Feb 20, 2016
. sadu wanna add?but its so difficult and frustrating to lose it .
Re: I Want To Add Weight by ivyT(f): 12:09am On Feb 20, 2016
. sadu wanna add?but its so difficult and frustrating to lose it .
Re: I Want To Add Weight by Nobody: 3:32am On Feb 20, 2016
One thing I've learned is people who always say they want to add weight only say it to gain attention. You've been noticed, run along now.
Re: I Want To Add Weight by chriskosherbal(m): 4:34am On Feb 20, 2016
Well first check your gene, if is not then stick to fatty food.
Re: I Want To Add Weight by jessielewis: 5:50am On Feb 20, 2016
Hey,

Weight gain is not that easy,We have to follow proper diet along with suitable exercise.My friend has recently joined fitness club come gym at home care services Boca Raton ,where he is also trying to gain his weight.If you want then you can ask him about it.
Re: I Want To Add Weight by flashope(m): 6:02am On Feb 20, 2016
All these things are more genetically some people no matter how they eat they can't get fat. I will advice you to stop bothering yourself about this and accept your body happily. As you grow u might add some fat. Have u given birth before?
gynny:
hello guys, i've been trying to add weight for sometime and it's not working. I've tried supplements, i try as much as possible to eat all the time even when i'm not hungry, and i really hate it. I tried calculating my BMI, and it indicates i'm underweight (was'nt surprised). So guys are there some special food i should eat cos my parents think i'm sick. Thanks
Re: I Want To Add Weight by HaneefahRN(f): 7:56am On Feb 20, 2016
gynny:

Lolz, like we are d same boat. I dnt consider myself sickly thin, I av a normal build and a very ok BMI, bt my mum is always worrying I'm nt eating well, tht I shld av gained more wgt wt the little free time I av to myself, she bought expensive suplements wc I neva use anyway. U wld think she tht is complaining is fat too. Same wt dad, and it's nt like I dnt eat, I just dnt seem to get fatter

Don't beat urself up too much over tht. Be comfortable wt ur looks and wear clothes tht suit u so u dnt look awkward. Just ensure u eat healthy and well and sleep and rest adequately. Another method is eat heavy at night and drink lots of water. This doesn't necessarily mean u'll get fat cos ur stature is influenced by genetics, bt at least ur BMI improves. Don't worry after pregnancy and child birth wt peace of mind u'll gain more wgt
Re: I Want To Add Weight by gynny(f): 9:54am On Feb 20, 2016
ivyT:

. sadu wanna add?but its so difficult and frustrating to lose it
it's also difficult and frustrating to add, the highest i added was 1kg which i lost in less than a week.
Re: I Want To Add Weight by gynny(f): 9:57am On Feb 20, 2016
charix:
One thing I've learned is people who always say they want to add weight only say it to gain attention. You've been noticed, run along now.
u must be really sick in the head. There are easier ways to get attention, why would i do that complaining abt my health?
Re: I Want To Add Weight by gynny(f): 10:02am On Feb 20, 2016
yes i heard same abt gaining weight after child birth, thanks for ur contributions @ HaneefahRN
Re: I Want To Add Weight by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 20, 2016
gynny:
u must be really sick in the head. There are easier ways to get attention, why would i do that complaining abt my health?
Post some pictures now then post some in four months time to prove me wrong.
Re: I Want To Add Weight by gynny(f): 10:12am On Feb 20, 2016
chriskosherbal:
Well first check your gene, if is not then stick to fatty food.
talking abt gene, my parents are not fat bt my siblings are. I'm the odd one out.
Re: I Want To Add Weight by gynny(f): 10:17am On Feb 20, 2016
what will posting my pictures do or prove charix? Ok, i'm trying to get attention, i accept. Are u happy nw?
Re: I Want To Add Weight by gynny(f): 10:19am On Feb 20, 2016
what will posting my pictures do or prove charix? Ok, i'm trying to get attention, i accept. Are u happy nw? When someone comes online to ask for help, i think it's better to help if you can, there is nothing wrong in lending a helping hand to ur fellow human. Thanks btw
Re: I Want To Add Weight by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 20, 2016
gynny:
what will posting my pictures do or prove charix?
They would prove you're serious about gaining weight and not making noise like the other hundreds of nairalanders I waste precious time advising only to reopen the same thread a year later. Everyone also knows to prove weight loss or gain you start with before and after pictures so people know the claims made aren't lies. Did you not see princess's weight loss pictures that made frontpage?

Ok, i'm trying to get attention, i accept. Are u happy nw?
Since you've finally admitted then my work here is done.
Re: I Want To Add Weight by gynny(f): 10:25am On Feb 20, 2016
no i've not get given birth @ flashope. Thanks for your contributions
Re: I Want To Add Weight by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 20, 2016
gynny:
what will posting my pictures do or prove charix? Ok, i'm trying to get attention, i accept. Are u happy nw?
Already answered these.

When someone comes online to ask for help, i think it's better to help if you can, there is nothing wrong in lending a helping hand to ur fellow human. Thanks btw
I help a lot but've noticed the only people who take advice are fat ones, the skinny ones are always attention seekers. Prove me wrong.
Re: I Want To Add Weight by gynny(f): 10:33am On Feb 20, 2016
charix:

They would prove you're serious about gaining weight and not making noise like the other hundreds of nairalanders I waste precious time advising only to reopen the same thread a year later. Everyone also knows to prove weight loss or gain you start with before and after pictures so people know the claims made aren't lies. Did you not see princess's weight loss pictures that made frontpage?

Since you've finally admitted then my work here is done.
ok, i really think you are funny. I asked for advice on the kind of food to eat, sorry if i've offended you. My goal is not front page cos i believe i can still get the help i need without front page. Front page would only expose me to more persons like you who think i'm trying to gain attention. We might just be friends.
Re: I Want To Add Weight by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 20, 2016
gynny:
ok, i really think you are funny. I asked for advice on the kind of food to eat, sorry if i've offended you. My goal is not front page cos i believe i can still get the help i need without front page. Front page would only expose me to more persons like you who think i'm trying to gain attention. We might just be friends.
Like I said, attention seeking.
Re: I Want To Add Weight by HaneefahRN(f): 5:33pm On Feb 20, 2016
gynny:
yes i heard same abt gaining weight after child birth, thanks for ur contributions @ HaneefahRN

Welcome dear
Re: I Want To Add Weight by eitsei(m): 7:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Welcome dear
are you a nurse?
Re: I Want To Add Weight by HaneefahRN(f): 7:42pm On Feb 20, 2016
eitsei:
are you a nurse?
Yap
Re: I Want To Add Weight by eitsei(m): 10:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Yap
that's nice
Re: I Want To Add Weight by nmadu1: 12:22am On Feb 21, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: I Want To Add Weight by HaneefahRN(f): 7:31am On Feb 21, 2016
eitsei:
that's nice
Yh, thanks
Re: I Want To Add Weight by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
gynny:
no i've not get given birth @ flashope. Thanks for your contributions
go to a good pharmacy and ask of oraxin syrup

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19: Thailand Hospital Gives Newborns Tiny Face Shield(Pics) / 9 People Who Were Paid To Show Their Unusual Looks To The Public / COVID-19 Update For October 14 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.