Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan (3391 Views)

How To Transfer Files Wirelessly With Xender From PC To Phone Or Phone To PC / 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now / I Switched From Android To Iphone For Two Months. Here's What I Learned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by fizzy123(m): 8:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
Note: Only for users who risked rooting his phone for BB subscription

I started with using GLO's BB Complete plan on my android, discovered network connectivity was really poor. The only pro it had was I could share using Wi-Fi hotspot, and chat applications would work without 3rd party apps diverting proxies for it to work... However I got really tired of using GLO, mehn the network they piss me off. angry

Luckily I switched to Etisalat, had 2 cons, but the speed was awesome, what am still using till now... Cons: Chat apps dont work and tether with USB or Hotspot was blocked cry

I was able to work on these two issues.

1. I used ZPN for Android to powerup chat applications selecting only apps that didnt work previously.

2. Tethering: If you feel like trying it, please do, I did and it worked for me though it was USB Tethering
I downloaded ClockworkMOD's Tether app on android, followed the steps according and surprisingly it tethered, it could be a bit slow depending on USB your using, if its a good then you wont have any problem... Dropped the link below.

http://theandroidclub..ae/2013/09/usb-tether-any-android-device.html?m=1

Funnily this guys know what they are doing, the app has only 13 days trial... Took lots of time and data to get that link above.... So guy give it a try and tell me what you think or issues you had, I'll see if i can get it sorted out. smiley cheesy wink
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
fizzy123:
Note: Only for users who risked rooting his phone for BB subscription

I started with using GLO's BB Complete plan on my android, discovered network connectivity was really poor. The only pro it had was I could share using Wi-Fi hotspot, and chat applications would work without 3rd party apps diverting proxies for it to work... However I got really tired of using GLO, mehn the network they piss me off. angry

Luckily I switched to Etisalat, had 2 cons, but the speed was awesome, what am still using till now... Cons: Chat apps dont work and tether with USB or Hotspot was blocked cry

I was able to work on these two issues.

1. I used ZPN for Android to powerup chat applications selecting only apps that didnt work previously.

2. Tethering: If you feel like trying it, please do, I did and it worked for me though it was USB Tethering
I downloaded ClockworkMOD's Tether app on android, followed the steps according and surprisingly it tethered, it could be a bit slow depending on USB your using, if its a good then you wont have any problem... Dropped the link below.

http://theandroidclub..ae/2013/09/usb-tether-any-android-device.html?m=1

Funnily this guys know what they are doing, the app has only 13 days trial... Took lots of time and data to get that link above.... So guy give it a try and tell me what you think or issues you had, I'll see if i can get it sorted out. smiley cheesy wink
how do I use etisalat bis on android?
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by Elxandre(m): 2:17am On Feb 20, 2016
Get tether unlocker.
My brother used it to power his MTN psiphon sub to his PC.
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by fizzy123(m): 8:05am On Feb 20, 2016
bjhaid:
how do I use etisalat bis on android?

Thats a long story entirely...
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by godunia(m): 11:05am On Feb 20, 2016
The simplest way is on your hotspots, to your computer or another phone, put on your Wi-Fi, connect. Once that's done successfully, hold it down to reveal the advance option, enter 10.71.17.5 and enter 8080 for the port, apply it .that's how to share etisalat bb plan with other Mobile devices now your computer, after connecting through wireless, go to internet options, under connection, LAN, enter the above proxy and port no, apply and you are good to go. Set your firefox to detect auto proxy if u use it. use surfeasy to power bbm and whatsapp.
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by toludadon(m): 11:10am On Feb 20, 2016
Elxandre:
Get tether unlocker.
My brother used it to power his MTN psiphon sub to his PC.

Tether unlocked doesn't work. ..
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 20, 2016
fizzy123:

Thats a long story entirely...
put me through pls
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by fizzy123(m): 3:03pm On Feb 20, 2016
bjhaid:
put me through pls

Kkk, first thing you do is root your phone, will advice u don't use a PC, just download Root Checker and KingRoot on ur phone...

Use KingRoot to root ur phone, follow instructions accordingly, when its done, it will restart ur phone, then use Root Checker to confirm it rooted successfully...

I'll gv u Step Two when ur done
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by fizzy123(m): 3:05pm On Feb 20, 2016
godunia:
The simplest way is on your hotspots, to your computer or another phone, put on your Wi-Fi, connect. Once that's done successfully, hold it down to reveal the advance option, enter 10.71.17.5 and enter 8080 for the port, apply it .that's how to share etisalat bb plan with other Mobile devices now your computer, after connecting through wireless, go to internet options, under connection, LAN, enter the above proxy and port no, apply and you are good to go. Set your firefox to detect auto proxy if u use it. use surfeasy to power bbm and whatsapp.

Will give that a try too
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by Jerryolumide(m): 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2016
fizzy123:

Kkk, first thing you do is root your phone, will advice u don', the use t use a PC, just download Root Checker and KingRoot on ur phone...

Use KingRoot to root ur phone, follow instructions accordingly, when its done, it will restart ur phone, then use Root Checker to confirm it rooted successfully...

Long story, no need to root your phone. Just change Imei and APN, finish!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by dekunleh: 4:15pm On Feb 20, 2016
How do I use etisalat bis on android? Please help
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by fizzy123(m): 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
Jerryolumide:
Long story, no need to root your phone. Just change Imei and APN, finish!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine needed root, MTK Engineering tools didn't work on mine, buh since my processor was Mediatek, it was much easier using Chamelephon, nd if ur using any othrr processor apart from mediatek, especially Snapdragon, u must root then Install Xposed Framework on the phone
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2016
fizzy123:

Kkk, first thing you do is root your phone, will advice u don't use a PC, just download Root Checker and KingRoot on ur phone...

my phone is rooted
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
Jerryolumide:
oh..do i just need to change my imei to a bb imei?
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by fizzy123(m): 6:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
bjhaid:
oh..do i just need to change my imei to a bb imei?

Yes you do, first download BBgen by Codeberg and if your using a Mediatek processor just download Chamelephon from playstore
Use BBgen to generate a BB Imei then insert the imei on Chamelephone it shud change automatically

If your using this other step from the link below use at ur own risk

lowkeytech.com/full-tutorial-how-to-change-imei-of-all-android-phones/
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by joseph214(m): 9:29pm On Feb 20, 2016
After changing ur imei what's the next step.
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by fizzy123(m): 9:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
joseph214:
After changing ur imei what's the next step.

Create new AP setting with the following:

Name: Etisalat BB
APN: blackberry.net
APN Type: default,supl
Proxy: 10.71.170.5
Port: 8080

Leave the rest the way it is.

Subscribe

Chat apps may not work, i used a VPN to powerup them up, its called ZPN, anyone with a better altern cud speak up,
I selected only apps i neec ZPN to power... Works perfectly for me
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by kowalsky: 12:02pm On Feb 21, 2016
works like charm kiss
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by fizzy123(m): 8:37pm On Feb 21, 2016
kowalsky:
works like charm kiss

Where able to do yours?
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by kowalsky: 8:55pm On Feb 21, 2016
fizzy123:

Where able to do yours?

yup yup
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by eniolaamoda: 8:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
kowalsky:

yup yup

Bro was it normal etisalat 1gb sub u r using and is this stuff really working

Bcus I am currently using psiphone on mtn

I need to know if this etisalat stuff is really working thanks...
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by fizzy123(m): 10:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
eniolaamoda:

Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by kowalsky: 1:17am On Feb 22, 2016
eniolaamoda:

I'm using it with psiphone on mtn too
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by fizzy123(m): 1:23am On Feb 22, 2016
kowalsky:

Did u ever hear that Psiphone was a VPN too?
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by eniolaamoda: 3:04am On Feb 22, 2016
kowalsky:

I Dont understand u clearly
Am asking u if this etisalat one is working and have u tested it power or authenticity

Is it better than mtn psiphone ?

Because I heard Etisalat is slow
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by eniolaamoda: 3:05am On Feb 22, 2016
fizzy123:

Pls let me have ur number pls I need to call u and ask some stuffs
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by eniolaamoda: 3:05am On Feb 22, 2016
kowalsky:

Give me ur number make I call u
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by fizzy123(m): 7:47am On Feb 22, 2016
eniolaamoda:

Am asking u if this etisalat one is working and have u tested it power or authenticity

The fastest mobile network I have ever used..... Infact i downloaded a movie yesterday and its top speed Was 1mb per second
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by eniolaamoda: 9:59am On Feb 22, 2016
fizzy123:

The fastest mobile network I have ever used..... Infact i downloaded a movie yesterday and its top speed Was 1mb per second

Bros let me have ur number

And also u know mtn psiphone is 5gb cap
What's d cap of dis etisalat own am guessing 3.something gb
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by kowalsky: 11:37am On Feb 22, 2016
eniolaamoda:

nah... I don't use etisalat. I'm currently using mtn and the tether app works flawlessly
Re: Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan by kowalsky: 11:38am On Feb 22, 2016
fizzy123:

obviously

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 6 Pro Vs Tecno Camon X Pro:which One Do You Prefer? / Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem / Why Is It That No Phone Has 5GB Or 7GB RAM?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.