Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,556 members, 7,837,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

I’m Prepared To Die Fighting Corruption – EFCC Boss, Magu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Prepared To Die Fighting Corruption – EFCC Boss, Magu (720 Views)

Governors Describe EFCC Boss, Magu As Deputy Commissioner Of Police / EFCC Gets New Operational Vehicles, Pics Of EFCC Boss Magu Test Driving Them / Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Prepared To Die Fighting Corruption – EFCC Boss, Magu by OKDnigeria: 9:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
The acting chairman of the
Economic and Financial
Crimes Commission, EFCC,
Ibrahim Magu has stated his
commitment to the anti-graft
war, declaring that he would
be prepared to pay the
supreme price if need be in
the course of his work.

“I am not afraid of anything. I
prefer to die fighting
corruption if need be,” Mr.
Magu told a group of senior
lawyers in Lagos on Thursday.

The lawyers visited the EFCC
boss to express their support
for the fight against
corruption.

Lately, the EFCC has
lambasted lawyers and judges
in the country, accusing them
of helping looters of the
nation’s treasury to escape
justice and share in the
proceeds of corruption.

Mr. Magu praised the visiting
lawyers for the support, and
expressed regret that some
unpatriotic Nigerians
including senior lawyers have
joined forces “with fraudsters
and those who looted our
commonwealth by becoming
coaches and technical advisers
on how to escape justice”.

He admonished lawyers to
allow the interest of Nigeria
and good conscience to guide
them when accepting briefs.

Earlier Femi Falana, a Senior
Advocate of Nigeria, who led
the group, said they were at
the Commission to express
support for the EFCC and the
chairman for revamping the
fight against corruption.

He said though lawyers have been
accused of attempting to frustrate the
work of the Commission, there were
however good lawyers ready to support
the EFCC in advancing the fight against
corruption.

He urged the Commission to name and
shame those who are frustrating the work
rather than generalize the allegation.

“Let us name and shame corrupt judges
and lawyers. The good ones are prepared
to work with you,” he said. He warned
lawyers who think they can intimidate the
EFCC, that some of them are ready to
support and defend the Commission.

Luke Aghanenu who also spoke at the
event said the Commission should know
that corruption will also fight back and
the recent attack by some lawyers was a
clear example. He said as long as the
EFCC does it work rightly, people will
always criticize the Commission.

Another lawyer, Jiti Ogunye, said the
reason he was part of the solidarity visit,
was his belief in the integrity of the EFCC
chairman and his effort to revamp the
fight against corruption.

He condemned the activities of some
lawyers who were castigating the EFCC as
pure criminality and urged them not to
hide under the cover of lawyer- client
confidentiality to become accomplices to
mega graft.

He assured the EFCC chairman that, they
will continue to support the EFCC as long
as it remains truthful and faithful to its
mandate.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/198704-im-prepared-die-fighting-corruption-efcc-boss-magu.html
Re: I’m Prepared To Die Fighting Corruption – EFCC Boss, Magu by hinwazaka: 10:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
Since that is your wish, it shall be granted
Re: I’m Prepared To Die Fighting Corruption – EFCC Boss, Magu by Tunami(m): 10:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
lai mohammed's younger brother.
Re: I’m Prepared To Die Fighting Corruption – EFCC Boss, Magu by SouthernBreeze(m): 11:37pm On Feb 19, 2016
See this mumu, allowing himself to be an object of witch hunting
Re: I’m Prepared To Die Fighting Corruption – EFCC Boss, Magu by babyfaceafrica: 11:40pm On Feb 19, 2016
hinwazaka:
Since that is your wish, it shall be granted
wish what you wish yourself
Re: I’m Prepared To Die Fighting Corruption – EFCC Boss, Magu by okuneddie(m): 11:42pm On Feb 19, 2016
that's good......Meanwhile....

Failure is not when your girlfriend leaves you,it's only when you leave her a virgin. ���������������� •Tension is when wife is pregnant! Terror is when girlfriend is pregnant! Horror is when both are pregnant! Tragedy is when you are not responsible for both! ���������������� •The Blue Whale ejaculates over 40 gallons of sperm when mating. Only 10% enters the female. And you always wondered why the sea tasted salty? •Why is it that a girl looks down when you say I love you? To see if you really mean it! •Why is intimacy similar to shaving? Well, because no matter how well you do it today, tomorrow you have to do it again. •Wives are funny creatures. They don't have intimacy with their husbands for weeks and then they want to kill the woman who does. �������� •Wife: My hubby & I have, what he calls-Olympic se.x. Friend: Wow, must be a terrific se.x life? Wife: Not really. It only happens once in 4 years. ���������������� •The stock markets now are like an old man's di.c.k? Just refusing to rise, and the irony is that everyone is still getting screwed!
•The saddest part of a man's body is his balls. The were sentenced to "Hang Till Death!" •A loud scream comes from the bedroom and the husband runs in. He sees a guy leaping out of the window. Wife yells: That guy just screwed me twice! Husband: Twice? Why didn't you call me in after he screwed you once? Wife: Because I thought it was you, until he started the second time

(1) (Reply)

CCT: Saraki Blackmailing Buhari With Budget Controversies, Says Marafa / Don Saint Write An Emotional Letter To His Missing DSS Brother / Bring Back Our Corruption!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.