Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

PETITION: I Stand With Manny Pacquiao Against LGBT Bullies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PETITION: I Stand With Manny Pacquiao Against LGBT Bullies (788 Views)

The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It / "Remove Osinbajo As Pastor" - RCCG Member To Petition Pastor Adeboye / Sex Scandal: I Stand By All My Claims, Stephanie Otobo blasts Apostle Suleman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PETITION: I Stand With Manny Pacquiao Against LGBT Bullies by kingsfield(m): 12:09am On Feb 20, 2016
Background:
Manny Pacquiao is getting pummelled by the anti-family mainstream media, and by the same LGBT-activist buillies who preach "tolerance," but apparently cannot a tolerate a viewpoint that is different than their own.
The reason? This week, in response to a question from a reporter, Pacquiao rightly pointed out that male and female complement each other biologically, and that it's simply "common sense" that men were not meant to mate with men, or women with women.
“It’s common sense,” the boxer replied to the reporter’s query. “Will you see any animals where male is to male and female is to female? The animals are better. They know how to distinguish male from female. If we approve male on male, female on female then man is worse than animals.”
The remarks caused a firestorm of controversy, stoked by Western media and LGBT activists.
The media misquoted Pacquiao as having said that homosexuals were “worse than animals,” whereas what he really said was that “man,” as in “humanity,” is “worse than animals” for not realizing, as the animals do, that men and women complement each other.
The indisputable fact is that homosexual sexual acts come with a host of physical and psychological harms that stem from the misuse of the human body - from astronomically higher rates of STDs like HIV/AIDS and gonorrhea, to anal cancer, breast cancer, drug and alcohol abuse, depression and suicide. It is certainly not "hateful" or "homophobic" to point this out, and there is no evidence that Pacquiao expressed this viewpoint out of hate. On the contrary, it is loving to speak the truth in charity, and to warn people away from a harmful lifestyle.
Pacquiao has since responded with a muted but sincere apology for any hurt his statement had unintentionally caused, but did not retract his position.
“I'm sorry for hurting people by comparing homosexuals to animals. Please forgive me for those I've hurt. I still stand on my belief that I'm against same-sex marriage because of what the Bible says, but I'm not condemning LGBT. I love you all with the love of the Lord. God Bless you all and I'm praying for you,” he posted on Instagram on Tuesday.
But the damage done by western media was already accomplished. Yesterday
Nike terminated it’s relationship with the boxer, stating, “We find Manny Pacquiao's comments abhorrent.” And, to kick the man while he is down, Pacquiao's longtime promoter Bob Arum told reporters that he agrees with Nike's decision to sack the boxer, stating "Manny's remarks were offensive to many people ... Nike acted appropriately."
Christians and other people of good will need to stand with Pacquiao in support of natural marriage. Help us send him a message encouraging him to stay strong in his pro-family beliefs!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PETITION: I Stand With Manny Pacquiao Against LGBT Bullies by David0(m): 12:35am On Feb 20, 2016
I've always loved dis guy, No matter what. He's a good man.
Re: PETITION: I Stand With Manny Pacquiao Against LGBT Bullies by Nobody: 12:50am On Feb 20, 2016
This is the big debate right now in my country...he wanted to run for a Senator in this coming election & he discussed one of the sensitive issue...

LGBT is not a taboo in my country but there is no bill yet that declared the same sex marriage.

How I wish he chose the right words what to say in media, he hurt tens of thousands of LGBT who live peacefully not only in my country but all over the world..

I stand with LGBT

All we need is RESPECT to each other...
Re: PETITION: I Stand With Manny Pacquiao Against LGBT Bullies by facheux: 1:36am On Feb 20, 2016
Homos are disgusting. Adam pbuh and Eve not Adam pbuh and steve
Re: PETITION: I Stand With Manny Pacquiao Against LGBT Bullies by kevoh(m): 2:58am On Feb 20, 2016
kingsfield:

The indisputable fact is that homosexual sexual acts come with a host of physical and psychological harms that stem from the misuse of the human body - from astronomically higher rates of STDs like HIV/AIDS and gonorrhea, to anal cancer, breast cancer , drug and alcohol abuse, depression and suicide.
Breast Cancer? Apart from the fact that all other listed ''harms'' happen through heterosexual acts too, hence no difference but Please Sir, I would like you to explain further how HOMOSEXUALISM CAUSES BREAST CANCER? Thank you in advance!
Re: PETITION: I Stand With Manny Pacquiao Against LGBT Bullies by rocoh(m): 4:24am On Feb 20, 2016
KashyBaby:
This is the big debate right now in my country...he wanted to run for a Senator in this coming election & he discussed one of the sensitive issue...

LGBT is not a taboo in my country but there is no bill yet that declared the same sex marriage.

How I wish he chose the right words what to say in media, he hurt tens of thousands of LGBT who live peacefully not only in my country but all over the world..

I stand with LGBT

All we need is RESPECT to each other...

Hmmmm. There is freedom of speech for everybody so they should leave Pacman alone. He has spoken his mind and what he believes.
By the way you want to learn pidgin right? I can try and teach you .lets see how it goes. Wetin dey?
Re: PETITION: I Stand With Manny Pacquiao Against LGBT Bullies by CoolUsername: 11:24am On Feb 20, 2016
He insulted the group, and somehow they're the bullies?

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/03/16 / Decades Later, Man Finds Gay Brother Whom Christian Parents Lied Went Missing / Christians Must Watch As Islamic Plot Thickens!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.