Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration (50506 Views)

10 Hilarious Pics Of Oyibos Curbing These Hot Weather. Lwkmd / Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) / Health Tips For The Hot Weather (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by Apina(m): 9:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
[quote author=RichYoungNigger post=43103183]I laugh at people who thinks it's hot in Nigeria.
Have you been to California ??
Have you been to Arizona ??

Have you been to adamawa,?
Have you been to Borno?
Have you been to sokoto?
If not you are just laughing at your head.

2 Likes

Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by Godbless86: 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2016
Here in Auchi is like hell ... shocked.but I think the cause is transition from summer to winter is abt to occur.
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by Horlaz(m): 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2016
purest21:
Could this be the global warming I always hear in all these James bond movies?

I don't know if it's only me that have been experiencing this unprecedented excessive increase in general temperature. Heat just too much abeg!
I end up bathing up to 8 times in just a day even at midnights. There's currently scarcity of normal cold water for bathing in my area; all the taps,pumps and tanks around produce HOT water without anybody boiling them angry sad

Just last night I was about to suffocate, even the fan was producing very hot air and I couldn't take it no more. As I tried to lay outside at the balcony I nearly melted; the damn floor has not gotten rid of the afternoon's sun yet. The floor was smoking, I had to improvise then. I filled a bucket with the usual hot water and then brought out 3 sachet water that I had earlier left in the freezer to block. I tore out the sachets entirely and put the bare blocks in my bucket of water (drastic times call for drastic measures) shocked undecided . After some minutes I carried the bucket to the bathroom, took off my already sweat-soaked boxers and as I splashed the water on my body, Lo and behold I just heard the exact sound akara balls make when it's being thrown into hot oil grin ; I got all fresh again and decided not use the towel so that the refreshing feeling can last a while longer. To my dismay, I got to my wardrobe, searched a few seconds for another boxers, put it on. Then as I raised my head up, I got the feeling of something rushing down my bare back.. (God save me from karashika)

Nwanne I had to improvise again. I changed the position of mattress in a way it's adjacent to the refrigerator. I opened the refrigerator wide open and slept with my head stuck in it.

This morning, it was the sound of the boiling egusi soup I had in the freezer that woke me up. The ice in the freezer had melted and the egusi was having great fun inside the bowl even trying to throw the cover over. As I opened the bowl and interrupted it's little party, it was very unforgiven and threw back at me the most horrible stench I've ever perceived in lifetime. My rich soup has soured!! cry cry

Please nairalanders how are your areas let me know if I will have to relocate; and who do we blame for this grin ??
this na end time heat...kwara state here na lyk hell nd phcn no help d matter @all ,God pls help us ooo...
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by JuanDeDios: 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2016
cmon:

Oga, winter is better oh.... at least that one, you can where appropriate clothing. But with this heat, even when naked, nothing for you. Now add mosquitoes to that mix and you know what I'm talking about.

I had to buy 2 standing fans and point them directly on me, and now run gen over night since PHCN will not cooperate.
Just get an 18" rechargeable fan. Works for me. There are some that use water and work kinda like AC. There are some that come with a solar panel.

1 Like

Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by lacasera14(m): 9:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
Here in university of calabar, hall 5 precisely we no longer sleep in our rooms it's a common trend now to see malabites sleeping outside to avoid being drowned in the pool of their own sweat.

1 Like

Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by ayokujero: 9:18pm On Feb 20, 2016
www.facebook.com/storyfordgods

Keep Your Cool in Hot Weather

High humidity. When the humidity is high, sweat won't evaporate as quickly, which keeps your body from releasing heat as fast as it may need to.

1. Stay in air-conditioned buildings as much as possible. Air-conditioning is the number one protective factor against heat-related illness and death. If a home is not air-conditioned, people can reduce their risk for heat-related illness by spending time in public facilities that are air-conditioned, and using air conditioning in vehicles.

2. Do not rely on a fan as your primary cooling device during an extreme heat event.

3. Drink more water than usual and don't wait until you're thirsty to drink.

4. Check on a friend or neighbor and have someone do the same for you.

5. Don't use the stove or oven to cook—it will make you and your house hotter.

Even young and healthy people can get sick from the heat if they participate in strenuous physical activities during hot weather:

1. Limit outdoor activity, especially midday when the sun is hottest.

2. Wear and reapply sunscreen as indicated on the package.

3. Pace activity. Start activities slow and pick up the pace gradually.

4. Drink more water than usual and don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink more. Muscle cramping may be an early sign of heat-related illness.

5. Wear loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing.

If you participate on a sports team that practices during hot weather protect yourself and look out for your teammates:

1. Schedule workouts and practices earlier or later in the day when the temperature is cooler.

2. Monitor a teammate’s condition, and have someone do the same for you.

3. Seek medical care immediately if you or a teammate has symptoms of heat-related illness.

4. Learn more about how to protect young athletes from heat-related illness by taking this CDC course.

Everyone should take these steps to prevent heat-related illnesses, injuries, and deaths during hot weather:

1. Stay in an air-conditioned indoor location as much as possible.

2. Drink plenty of fluids even if you don't feel thirsty.

3, Schedule outdoor activities carefully.

4,. Wear loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing and sunscreen.

5. Pace yourself.

6. Take cool showers or baths to cool down.

7. Check on a friend or neighbor and have someone do the same for you.

8. Never leave children or pets in cars.

Check the local news for health and safety updates.

www.facebook.com/storyfordgods
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by Jimmyo3(m): 9:19pm On Feb 20, 2016
Victoriousvic:
In Calabar, the weather is unbearable. The heat is just something else and PHCN go dey give light wey no fit carry fan sef. embarassed

Can't wait for the rains to start.
I swear the heat in Calabar this year is something else, if a tropical rain forest like Calabar is this hot how much more sokoto? What is saving me is steady power supply in my area.

1 Like

Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by weselomo(m): 9:20pm On Feb 20, 2016
my wife sleep on the bed alone since last two week while i sleep on the floor tile without mat
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by Lustig(m): 9:21pm On Feb 20, 2016
iyke926:
Wish I could just port my location to Jos or even Canada cry
Jos weather sweet die! Still bathing with hot water like this gan... No ceiling fan. I love the weather

3 Likes

Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by LoveJesus87(m): 9:21pm On Feb 20, 2016
yhemsy62:
I no longer sleep on bed. I sleep on tiles
I tink say na only me grin
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by skare: 9:23pm On Feb 20, 2016
Omo no be small tin O here in Caly.i even try to sleep outside yestaday,na so our 2 dogs d bark like hey, just no allow me sleep.Nepa for wia.
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by RichYoungNigger(m): 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
pulsa:

the only good Igbo is an Igbo woman, they are beautiful, sexy, and they tend to have more sense than you guys.
hope say you no dey carry cocaine o, hehe, cause U.S get prison wella.
but anyway no lele, na one naija things, abeg I de com ngozi don com,
chai and heat dey o
but no lele
body no be firewood

Do you think any Igbo girl will date any Yoruba guy ??
So, you think they will leave rich Igbo guys to date stinky broke Yoruba boys ??
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by Favoye2(m): 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
Seriously, i'm on my bed now sleeping nakedly... D heat is just too much...God will help us
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by Jimmyo3(m): 9:28pm On Feb 20, 2016
This is the effect of climate change, as a result of depletion in the ozone layer excess ultraviolet rays penetrate and heat up air molecules in the atmosphere. This effect will continue except industralized nations reduce carbon emission.
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by Vecto(m): 9:30pm On Feb 20, 2016
Do u stay in lokoja? You dont even need to boil water.
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by Iamlordgee(m): 9:31pm On Feb 20, 2016
Seriously no place hot reach Benin.. The heat wey da here fit Boil yam o
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by porshuch: 9:35pm On Feb 20, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

Where in California and Florida did you go ??
stop responding to them, for naija they always think that western world is all about snow.
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 20, 2016
ronald4lif:

Ehya ndo o nne. Emesie oga dinma, hapu ndi ala afu nasa leaders. Onye nwe anyi ka kuo fa ukuo fa machi bulu machi. embarassed
iseee!! nna dalu rinne. mana igbo gi a dika nke onye ofe mmanu na amu igbo.
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by uzoormah(m): 9:36pm On Feb 20, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
Nigeria is not even hot.
You wanna know the meaning of hot weather ?? Come to southern California where it never rains or snow.
Have you seen fire burn up houses and cars for no reason ?? Welcome to California

yea its true.. its so hot
seems i saw u this morning
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by JuanDeDios: 9:36pm On Feb 20, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

I swear you be clown.
How many African countries are in the desert ??

Go to New York or Arkansas during summer, p.s these states are not in the desert
More than one desert in Africa, including the world's largest, so I wonder what you mean.
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by Joeace3000(m): 9:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
irunooboo:
[size=13pt] smiley I sleep outside at night without wearing pant and bra so breeze can flow in and out of every hole. The heat can make the blood dry. I pity men with Big dicks in this weather. Their dick and epon region will ooZE so terribly when one wants to give them a BJ because of the crazy heat[/size]

sense dey always far from you.. After all these years on nairaland, you never still mature
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by kwencypresh(f): 9:41pm On Feb 20, 2016
des4ella:
Eyah.....na u i feel for pass. my wife was pregnant last year and it was not funny..wish safe delivery..
thanks dearie
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by Princezoi(m): 9:42pm On Feb 20, 2016
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by cmon(m): 9:42pm On Feb 20, 2016
cmon:

Oga, winter is better oh.... at least that one, you can wear appropriate clothing. But with this heat, even when naked, nothing for you. Now add mosquitoes to that mix and you know what I'm talking about.

I had to buy 2 standing fans and point them directly on me, and now run gen over night since PHCN will not cooperate.

CHOI!!!! Nepa don bring light oh..... Dancing Alanta....... See as this AC just change this environment.... Omo AC na AC, nothing beats it. cool

1 Like

Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by kwencypresh(f): 9:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
kuuljay:
if you born only one then you fall my hand sweerie grin grin grin
make I born 10 abi
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 20, 2016
cmon:

CHOI!!!! Nepa don bring light oh..... Dancing Alanta....... See as this AC just change this environment.... Omo AC na AC, nothing beats it. cool

Correct grin
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by duscollins: 9:53pm On Feb 20, 2016
Am enjoying Jos weather now. Not hot nor cold. The cold is only in the night.
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by yoged(m): 9:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
In fact its terrible right here . Even hen dey laid boiled egg .

3 Likes

Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:01pm On Feb 20, 2016
Here in abuja na die oo. U will be sweatng while even havn ur bath

2 Likes

Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by rexesq(m): 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
I chill in a bathtub and find d water warm in d morning
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by Sayelabola(m): 10:03pm On Feb 20, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
Nigeria is not even hot.
You wanna know the meaning of hot weather ?? Come to southern California where it never rains or snow.
Have you seen fire burn up houses and cars for no reason ?? Welcome to California

My brother, i had thought that the weather in Baga, Borno state of Nigeria is the toughest....with temperature raising to 43-44 degree Celsius at its peak.

Although despite this harsh terrain, there has been no case of forest fire or any thing of such.

But I so detest the season because of the usual sickness attached to it....sometimes you get blood stains in your excrement and urine.

And till today people still believe that these parts of Borno state are cursed....but the Southern California as googled appears to me to be a highway to hell.

Apology for any foul phrase.
Re: current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration by Shammak(m): 10:07pm On Feb 20, 2016
D tin wey con vex me pass na dem mosquitoes.. Den no know wen person dey play... Person go kill them den no go die (I bn dey wonder weda na the weather make dem dey resistant, dier pikin don plenty now sef)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation / Christ Embassy To Build World Class Hospital On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway / Blue Water Coming Out Of South African Taps (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.