Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Tempted-chapter Four - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tempted-chapter Four (702 Views)

Horrific Fiction : Listen Chapter Four / New Story Alert!!! - "Listen": Chapter Four / The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tempted-chapter Four by ellatohsure(f): 9:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
"What's this silly news I've heard about you ending your relationship with Rebecca?" Josh's mother demanded as she walked unannounced into Josh's office.
Josh dropped the pen he was holding and leaned back into his executive

"Mom, you can't just barge into my office" he stated calmly. His mother stared at him in anger, "give me a reason why I can't barge into my son's office?" She bellowed.
"Because I work here?" Josh replied, Mrs Imoh walked up to her only son, glared down at him. "Now listen carefully, because I would hate to repeat myself... You would get back together with Rebecca, ask for her hand in marriage, get engaged and married. Do I make myself clear?" Josh stared at his mother blankly, he deduced that she must be out of her mind.

"You are kidding" he said smiling, when his mother didn't return his smile, he knew she was serious. Josh's smile waned. " But mom" he began, "I'm not in love with her" he finished. His mother scoffed, "love Really?" She asked.

"Have you forgotten so soon about your last love incident?" She queried sarcastically. Josh tensed and clenched his fists, he stood up from his seat and walked to the glass framed window. He closed his eyes, but he couldn't stop the flow of the memories.

***THREE YEARS AGO***
"Honey! Your phone!" Bella called out, from the bedroom. Josh ignored her, he kept staring into space, leaning against the balcony rail. Bella left the bedroom, taking Josh's phone along with her. She walked up to Josh and waved his phone in front of his face.

Josh's gaze came into focus, he stared at Bella, his dark eyes slowly going over her face. Bella smiled and raised her eyebrows in question at Josh.
"Your phone" she said softly. Josh turned away from her, "let it ring" he uttered.
"But it could be an urgent call" Bella said, baffled by Josh's attitude. "And I said let it ring!" He replied harshly. Bella's eyes widen in surprise, Josh had never raised his voice at her. She blinked rapidly and retreated slowly into the bedroom.

Josh sighed and bowed his head after Bella left for the bedroom, could she really be pretending? He wondered. He didn't want to believe, he found it hard to believe or maybe he should ask her and lay the issue to rest. Having made the resolution in his mind, he left the balcony and walked into the bedroom.

***PRESENT DAY***
Bella glanced quickly at the doorway, rising to her feet as her MD walked into her office.
" You startled me, sir" Bella said, clearing her throat hastily. "Sorry about that" her MD replied, "you seem distracted, is everything alright?" He asked. "Yes, yes sir, everything's fine" Bella replied hastily. "You wanted to see me, sir?" Her MD took a seat, "oh yes" he replied "have a seat" he told Bella.

Bella took a calm breath before returning to her seat.
"Have you ever heard of Josh Imoh?" He asked, placing a blue cover file on the table. Bella felt herself go still, she gasped softly. Her MD gave her a puzzled look. Bella nodded her head slowly, "oh good" her MD responded, smiling at her. He pushed the file towards her.
"This is the advert proposal that was sent to his company" he began. "He has agreed to have the proposal presentation, and I want you to do it" he finished. Bella went pale, she shivered.

"Bella, did you hear everything I just said?". The MD asked, staring at her in surprise. Bella blinked rapidly. She nodded hastily "yes sir" she croaked. "Good" he said,standing up to leave the office, he stared down at Bella, "don't ruin this, Bella" he warned.

He left the office, closing the door behind her. Bella shuddered, she bowed her head and allowed the tears flow, she couldn't do this, she couldn't face him, not now. She recalled her august visitor and shook her head, he would have known the truth by now. Would he take Pearl away from her?

***TWO DAYS AGO***
"You look like you've seen a ghost" the visitor stated calmly. "Oh my God!" Bella exclaimed, "Can I come in?" He asked. "Sure" Bella replied, stepping back to allow Dominion into the sitting room. Dominion walked into the sitting room, closing the door behind him.

"Please have a seat" Bella told him, as she sat down on an armchair and set Pearl on her feet, arranging her clothes swiftly. Pearl was simply fascinated with the new comer, she stared at him openly, "mommy" Pearl called, "see" she said, pointing her little chubbly index finger at Dominion, Dominion smiled, " I didn't know you remarried" he said, staring at Bella. Bella stared at her daughter, "I have told you to stop pointing your finger at people" she warned.

"Hmmm" Pearl replied lazily. Dominion laughed and wiggled his fingers at Pearl "hiiii" he whispered, Pearl's face broke into a grin, her dimples on full display. Recognition dawned on Dominion, his eyes widen in surprise. "I would recognize that smile anywhere" he mutterred. Bella swallowed,

Dominion pinned her with an accusing gaze "you didn't remarry, did you?" Bella shook her head slowly.Pearl walked towards Dominion, stretching her arms. Dominion obliged, he stared at Pearl in awe as she reached up to touch his beard, he could clearly see the resemblance now. "Josh doesn't know about her?" He askedBella, Bella shook her head slowly.

"How could you be so cruel?" Dominion demanded, "what? Cruel? Bella asked in anger, staring her Dominion sharply
"His mother knew about my pregnancy, she advised me to go for an abortion, because Josh wouldn't want the child" she retorted, breathing hard.

Source:www.ellablogpedia./tempted-chapter four

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: Missy The Exhibitionist / Dear Uninvited-food-sniffer... / We Are Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.