Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs (43166 Views)

Wedding Photos Of The 60-Year-Old Bride And Her Husband / 60-Year-Old First Time Nigerian Bride Weds Her Man (Photos) / 20-Year-Old Man Marries 40-Year-Old Woman (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by davodyguy: 10:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
Weren't they sampling themselves during this period of cohabitation?
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by kennyblaze007(m): 10:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
Very funny story,wnt stop me from saying CONGRATULATIONS to d Newly wedded...
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by Sijo01(f): 10:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
Does that mean the man has not collected bride price on his daughters or paid for his sons? This is too much abeg.
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by fatiuabdulmalik: 10:56pm On Feb 20, 2016
NEHLIVE:
The 72 year old man and 60 year old woman who have been living together for more than 45 years without bride price and marriage were joined in Holy Matrimony today, Saturday, February 20 at Omega Power Ministries, Port Harcourt.

The church announced the good news on their Facebook page, adding that they bankrolled the weddings of other 140 couples who have been living together for many years without legal marriage. They provided money for the bride price, wedding gown for brides, suit, shirt and even ties for the grooms absolutely free of charge.

"Why did I decide to do this ?" the Pastor asked.
"Every day I get sleepless night because of the amount of people living together when God has not joined them. IT IS A SIN BEFORE GOD. Do you know that; one out of every five people you see in the street are living together without being legally married," he said.

"If Rapture happens now , they will all miss Rapture. So what is the solution ? Solution Number one: Couples must Live apart until you get money to WED. Which is very risky. Any of those women can be my sister or maybe she already has 5 children. The woman will suffer. And a strange woman may take advantage to come in. Solution number two: Legalise their union. But many don't have money to legalize it. They already have children, but no money to pay bride price. So that is why I decided to intervene, so when Rapture happens they shall not be found wanting.

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/02/photos-unmarried-72yr-man-and-60yr-old.html

awada kerikeri
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by Spanner4(m): 10:56pm On Feb 20, 2016
End time Marriage, How can a church wed ppl who hv been cohabiting with each other?

I weep for churches
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by tk4rd: 10:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
victorazy:

Is this an english language?
Is this English.?

2 Likes

Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by Demainman1: 10:58pm On Feb 20, 2016
Part of it, is part of it, trouser of POLICE cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by Sainttops(m): 11:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
HungerBAD:
Bad guy.

You carry 45 Years pay bride price?is she from Imo State where their Bride Prices can buy a private jet?

The woman has patience oh. Girls of nowadays would have gathered the money themselves and borrow the guy to do the needful.

I like this guy.

E b lyk sey the grandpa dey save #5 naira ni for kolo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by tammie24: 11:07pm On Feb 20, 2016
Why bother?
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by tosyne2much(m): 11:08pm On Feb 20, 2016
eleko1:
Thnk U JESUS cool.it shall be 4 ever. Time to drag tosyne.2much and his live in campus girl b4 this Pastor undecided sad.Enuf is Enuf angry sad undecided
unfortunately, I'm not getting married.. *Team-reverend-father* cool
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by KanwuliaExtra: 11:08pm On Feb 20, 2016
South-South YERIMA! grin
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by tosyne2much(m): 11:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
Spanner4:
End time Marriage, How can a church wed ppl who hv been cohabiting with each other?

I weep for churches
Hahahahaha cheesy

Bro, there's exception to everything in life.. A sinner is set free the moment he realises he has been wallowing in sin and therefore, restitutes his ways
cheesy
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by cocolacec(m): 11:13pm On Feb 20, 2016
NEHLIVE:
The 72 year old man and 60 year old woman who have been living together for more than 45 years without bride price and marriage were joined in Holy Matrimony today, Saturday, February 20 at Omega Power Ministries, Port Harcourt.

The church announced the good news on their Facebook page, adding that they bankrolled the weddings of other 140 couples who have been living together for many years without legal marriage. They provided money for the bride price, wedding gown for brides, suit, shirt and even ties for the grooms absolutely free of charge.

"Why did I decide to do this ?" the Pastor asked.
"Every day I get sleepless night because of the amount of people living together when God has not joined them. IT IS A SIN BEFORE GOD. Do you know that; one out of every five people you see in the street are living together without being legally married," he said.

"If Rapture happens now , they will all miss Rapture. So what is the solution ? Solution Number one: Couples must Live apart until you get money to WED. Which is very risky. Any of those women can be my sister or maybe she already has 5 children. The woman will suffer. And a strange woman may take advantage to come in. Solution number two: Legalise their union. But many don't have money to legalize it. They already have children, but no money to pay bride price. So that is why I decided to intervene, so when Rapture happens they shall not be found wanting.

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/02/photos-unmarried-72yr-man-and-60yr-old.html

THE WOMAN WAS 15 YEARS WHEN SHE STARTED COHABITING WITH A 27YEAR OLD MAN.
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by Oilandgas1(m): 11:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
Enjoyment of free/ unpaid T¤T¤ for 45 years. Enjoyment Minister
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by 9jatatafo(m): 11:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
Divorce is impossible with this couple.
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by Codyt(m): 11:21pm On Feb 20, 2016
Roidatom:
Seriously?
Wow!
After 45 years, they are a good example of "Procrastination."
At least they tried sha.

By the way, look at this building below.
I designed it. Does it fit anything like your taste? I translate your dream house to reality. Let me design anything you want.
Holla me
roidatom@gmail.com
QISIT Global
I love your work. Very modest

1 Like

Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by Spanner4(m): 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
tosyne2much:
Hahahahaha cheesy

Bro, there's exception to everything in life.. A sinner is set free the moment he realises he has been wallowing in sin and therefore, restitutes his ways
cheesy

Tosney such ones wedded, will they take marriage vows? For biblical point of view, a marriage is a sacred institution established by God and wen ppl cohabit and later are wedded, the marriage is no longer sacred
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by Spanner4(m): 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
tosyne2much:
Hahahahaha cheesy

cheesy

Tosney such ones wedded, will they take marriage vows? For biblical point of view, a marriage is a sacred institution established by God and wen ppl cohabit and later are wedded, the marriage is no longer sacred indeed
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by jlinkd78(m): 11:26pm On Feb 20, 2016
Spanner4:

I weep for churches
Why u are free to criticize depending on ur level of Christianity, I ll advise u be properly guided. Marriage blessing is a form of wedding procedure aimed at joining couples together when they might have been living together and this is exactly what d church has done albeit sponsored by d church. Without this regularization, it remains fornication before God and if rapture happens now d couples might be hellbound not withstanding their years of living together as husband and wife.
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by rufaitijani12(m): 11:28pm On Feb 20, 2016
.it a joke.gerrout ra heaar
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by Spanner4(m): 11:30pm On Feb 20, 2016
PREGNANT BRIDES. Hello sisters, its being a while but can we talk? Yes, I mean now! Marriage is a good thing. Wedding is nice too. But when the bride's pregnant, When she walks down the aisle bearing a protuding belly, The marriage has being dishonoured. And the bed? Defiled! Then, its no longer 'joining in holy matrimony' It is called Thanksgiving celebration because the couple has already joined themselves. This is the common trend these days, I dont admire nor applaude it. Be the wife before you become a mother. If your pastor didnt tell you, hear this now, Introduction is not wedding... Engagement is not wedding... Dating and courtship aint wedding. 'Will you marry me?' 'I will', is not wedding. 'His papa and mama already know me' is not wedding. Your fiance/fiancee is not your wife or husband. You dont own his or her body and cant demand for it! Marriage is the ONLY license to have sex....... Make the marriage bed before you make babies. Stop forcing yourself on a guy by proposing to him by getting pregnant. Girlfriend, you are not suya, so no tasting! You hear me so? He wants to know if you are good in bed, You are not a store sample..... Tell Him that. He wants to know if you are fertile, You are not a lab rat. You come with a price, dont you? Some items comes with nice packaging, and Until their price is paid, you cant open to see what's in it. A man who pressurizes you for sex because your wedding is days away will ruin your relationship with God. He's not worthy of you. And finally, when sin blinds your eyes, You claim Love is blind the same way you accuse the devil for actrocities commited. God already set His standards. He is not negotiating with you. # FleeFornication. God will not ask you to fornicate or defile His temple, Beware of fake prophecies. I have heard stories of ladies who recieved such prophecies, 'be pregnant before wedding'. Watch it! God cannot contradict Himself. His Rhema cant oppose His Logos. GET GOD FOR YOURSELF. Those who know their God shall be strong and do exploits. Those who do not know their God shall be weak and exploited.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 20, 2016
He was doing alright till he decided to make an honest woman out of her...problem is that there's no honest woman
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by jlinkd78(m): 11:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
Spanner4:
PREGNANT BRIDES.
Hello sisters, its being a while but can we talk?
Yes, I mean now!
Marriage is a good thing.
Wedding is nice too.
But when the bride's pregnant,
When she walks down the aisle
bearing a protuding belly,
The marriage has being dishonoured.
And the bed? Defiled!
Then, its no longer 'joining in holy matrimony'
It is called Thanksgiving celebration because the
couple has already joined themselves.
This is the common trend these days,
I dont admire nor applaude it.
Be the wife before you become a mother.
If your pastor didnt tell you, hear this now,
Introduction is not wedding...
Engagement is not wedding...
Dating and courtship aint wedding.
'Will you marry me?' 'I will', is not wedding.
'His papa and mama already know me' is not
wedding.
Your fiance/fiancee is not your wife or husband.
You dont own his or her body and cant demand
for it!
Marriage is the ONLY license to have sex.......
Make the marriage bed before you
make babies.
Stop forcing yourself on a guy by proposing to
him by getting pregnant.
Girlfriend, you are not suya, so no tasting!
You hear me so?
He wants to know if you are good in bed, You
are not a store sample..... Tell Him that.
He wants to know if you are fertile, You are not
a lab rat.
You come with a price, dont you?
Some items comes with nice packaging, and
Until their price is paid, you cant open to see
what's in it.
A man who pressurizes you for sex because your
wedding is days away will ruin your relationship
with God.
He's not worthy of you.
And finally, when sin blinds your eyes,
You claim Love is blind the same way you
accuse the devil for actrocities commited.
God already set His standards.
He is not negotiating with you.
# FleeFornication.
God will not ask you to fornicate or defile His
temple,
Beware of fake prophecies.
I have heard stories of ladies who recieved such
prophecies,
'be pregnant before wedding'.
Watch it!
God cannot contradict Himself.
His Rhema cant oppose His Logos.
GET GOD FOR YOURSELF.
Those who know their God shall be strong and
do exploits.
Those who do not know their God shall be weak
and exploited.
U are totally on point and this is d message being sent across by d church here but for those who are already entrapped in d 'illegal' union; who are we to condemn but to rather help them make restitution thru paying for d bride price and conducting d blessing of marriage.
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by tosyne2much(m): 11:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
Spanner4:

Tosney such ones wedded, will they take marriage vows? For biblical point of view, a marriage is a sacred institution established by God and wen ppl cohabit and later are wedded, the marriage is no longer sacred indeed
Bro, from Biblical point of view, since the married has now been sanctified, it automatically becomes sacred since God's standard has been met, so it doesn't matter if the couples had been cohabiting for a long time without marriage vows
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 20, 2016
It's interesting how Africans progressively have no identity. You will hear some Nigerians with no identity or heritage say that their marriage is not complete until they do "White wedding" (white man's wedding). Please tell me where did you become a white man? Please tell me what is wrong with A yoruba man marrying according to Yoruba culture, or Igbo marrying according to Igbo culture? In Nigeria we hold weddings so important. It now becomes funny when you see an African dressed on his most important day like an English man. That is why the white mock the African. The African really acts like an underdeveloped human. The major problem with Africa and Africans however is that they are very unexposed on the global scale. Africans and Africa lack exposure within and without. We import everything and export nothing. That is why the continent is so poor. Still importing white man's culture in 2015. I always tell anyone that cares to listen that I see no point dressing like a 1900s english man to do something that has always been embedded in our tradition. You will never see someone from Scotland wear African fabric on his wedding day. Nigeria and Africa has a whole still have a long way to go. It is only when we know who we are, know where we are coming from, and remember our identity and cultural heritage that we can talk about developing the continent for the future.

PS: Someone really needs to show me where in the bible that it says a pastor must bless the marriage. Marriage is and will always be a family affair. So if I do only traditional wedding or registry wedding, when the rapture comes, I'd be sent to hell? Ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by justjify(m): 11:53pm On Feb 20, 2016
idowuswap:
Nonsense from ipob tribe..thanks
angry

Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by profosenogoboy: 12:14am On Feb 21, 2016
Wedding wedding wedding
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by blackprowler: 12:19am On Feb 21, 2016
A woman is not a commodity in my own mind at least. Stop paying bride price to marry a woman, whatever the guise that "it doesn't matter". Has there ever been a Nigerian woman who stood up to tradition and refused any price to be paid on her? But they're quick to want to displace men in the workplace since "we are equal". Women should end double-standards, picking and choosing where it favours their selfish interests. Maybe that's why I can't marry as I'm not prepared to do all this crap in the name of marriage. Once you register your union with the authorities, you are married; all else should be beside the point
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by blackprowler: 12:33am On Feb 21, 2016
I've read through some posts. It AMAZES me that people still actually believe and attempt to follow the letter of the bible in Nigeria of 2016. Amazing! This evil country where everyone is a potential crook? I keep saying that anyone who understands the world will find no reason whatsoever in ascertaining why we are such a backward people and nation. Nairaland is the best microcosm of how Nigerians are; all you need do is follow the topics and you get a full briefing of our mindset, thought processes, and value system and this will leave you in no doubt that that kind of people must be running a backward society. Only oil has deceived us for so long that we are anything at all
Re: Wedding Between 72-Year-Old Man & 60-Year-Old Woman In PH After 45yrs by Amberon: 4:12am On Feb 21, 2016
kindly reply my PM. thanks
jlinkd78:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo Bride Vs. Yoruba Bride : Who Did It Better??? / Lovely Photos Of Pregnant Bridesmaids / White Couple Celebrate Their Wedding Nigeria Style (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.