Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,346 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Our Past, Future & Vision For Edo State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Past, Future & Vision For Edo State. (521 Views)

Edo PDP Denies Registering 8000 Militants For Edo Election, Blasts Oshiomhole / Buhari Leaves Abuja For Edo State / Sheriff Inaugurates Panel For Edo Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Past, Future & Vision For Edo State. by igbinigiejeff(m): 4:16am On Feb 21, 2016
Dear Friends,
Let me begin by saying thanks to all you who've followed us this far.

We all made this journey for a reason. It's humbling, but in my heart i know you didn't follow us just for me, you followed because you believe in what this state can be.

In the face of unemployment, you believe there can be jobs . In the face of despair, you believe there can be hope. In the face of a politics that's shut you out, that's told you to settle for less and divided us for too long, you believe we can be one people, reaching for what's possible.

The genius of our constitution is designed that anybody can aspire to be governor, anybody has a right to support who so ever he feels to support;but not any body has a right to vote for you.

For this is our unyielding faith - that in the face of impossible odds, people who love their state can make it Better !

All of us know what the challenges are today - a dependence on oil that threatens our future, schools where too many children aren't learning, and families struggling to feed, despite working so hard as they can.

We all know the challenges. We've heard them. We've talked about them for years.

What's stopped us from meeting these challenges is not the absence of sound policies and sensible plans.

What's stopped us is the failure of leadership, the smallness of our politics - the ease with which we're distracted by the petty and trivial, our chronic avoidance of tough decisions, our preference for scoring cheap political points instead of rolling up our sleeves and building a working consensus to tackle big problems.

We're distracted from our real failures, and told to blame the other party.

And our people have looked away in disillusionment and frustration, we know what's filled the void.

The cynics, and the politicains, and the special interests who've turned our government into a game only them can afford to play.

They write the checks and we get stuck with the bills, they get the access while you get to write a letter, they think they own this government, but we're here today to take it back .

The time for that politics is over. It's time to turn the page!

We've made some progress already;

Let us be the generation that reshapes our economy to compete in the digital age.

Let's set high standards for our schools and give them the resources they need to succeed.

Let's recruit a new army of teachers, and give them better pay and more support in exchange for more accountability.

Let's make state own universities more affordable,and let's invest in scientific research.

Let's be the generation that end poverty in Edo state. Every single person willing to work should be able to get a job training that leads to a job, and earn a living wage that can pay the bills.
Let's do this!

Let's be the generation that finally frees Edo from the tyranny of oil. We can turn this crisis of global warming into a moment of opportunity for innovation, and job creation, and an incentive for businesses that will serve as a model for Nigeria .

Let's be the generation that makes future generations proud of what we did today.

Most of all, let's be the generation that never forgets; Politics doesn't have to divide us anymore - we can work together.

That's why Engr Chris Ogiemwonyi have a plan that will bring an end to unemployment by March of 2017.If giving the vote.

Finally, there is one other thing that is not too late to get right about this: Let us be the generation that begins this work.

I know there are those who don't believe we can do all these things. I understand the skepticism.

After all, every four years, candidates from both parties make similar promises, and I expect this year would not be different.

All the APC candidate running for governorship will travel around the state offering ten-point plans and making great speeches; all of them will trumpet those qualities we believe make them uniquely qualified to lead the state.

But too many times,after the election are over, and the confetti are swept away, all those promises fade from memory,and special interest move in, and people turn away, disappointed as before, left to struggle on their own.

That is why this election can't only be about Engr. Chris Ogiemwonyi . It must be about us - it must be about what we can do together. This election must be the occasion,the vehicle, of your hope,and your dreams.

It will take your time, your energy, and your voice - to push him forward and to let the APC DELEGATES know where you stand.

This election has to be about reclaiming the meaning of citizenship, restoring our sense of common purpose, and realizing that few obstacles can not withstand the power of millions of voices calling for A Better Edo !

Engr (Dr) Chris Ogiemwonyi is not just in this race to hold an office, but together with you to Better a state.

He want to win this primaries - for justice and opportunity.

He want to win this primaries- for better schools, and better jobs, and health care for all.

He want us to take up the unfinished business of perfecting our state, and building a better Edo.

And if you will join me in this improbable quest, if you feel destiny calling, and see as I see, a future of endless possibility stretching before us;
if you sense, as I sense, that the time is now to shake off our slumber, and slough off our fear, and make good on the debt we owe past and future generations, then he is ready to take up the cause, and march with you, and work with us.

Together, starting today, let us finish the work that need to be done, and usher in A Better Edo!

-Jeffery Igbinigie
DG
#Yes To Better Edo#
Re: Our Past, Future & Vision For Edo State. by chriskosherbal(m): 4:48am On Feb 21, 2016
Okay Is time for political promises, please people vote wisely and vote from your conscience.
Re: Our Past, Future & Vision For Edo State. by WhoRUDeceiving: 6:11am On Feb 21, 2016
I think the Op needs to re-read his grammar, just saying

(1) (Reply)

Women In Kaduna State Rush To Sell Their Gold As Naira Crashes / Sheriff Vows To Deal With 'stubborn' Fani-kayode / Fayose To Ekiti People: No PVC, No Dividends Of Democracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.