Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,660 members, 7,813,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) (43630 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB / Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by Eluwilussit(m): 11:45am On Feb 21, 2016
AngryNigerian:
D guy holding his staff though...is he his abobaku

Very dangerous job! grin grin grin

I like this Ooni very well. He's a bridge-builder. Ife people, and the entire Yoruba nation, made a good choice. Long live the Ooni!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by zubbyenebeli: 11:46am On Feb 21, 2016
Its unethical for an oba to leave his throne,visiting a none oba,its an insult to his empire.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by arabianights: 12:00pm On Feb 21, 2016
Observe how Arthur eze sat,You can definitely observe the humility in this great man.Does humility now mean you have not arrived? yet our noveau riche act like they dont walk on sand.Mscheeeew

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by Alexander001(m): 12:06pm On Feb 21, 2016
modath:

I've asked this question severally but instead of response, the respondent dishes insults/ abuses, so i will greatly appreciate if you can answer objectively...

Did the South West Promise Jona their 2015 votes?

What about the 85% votes he got in '11 & the 40% that voted for him in 2015?

Can you also be nice enough to explain if it's fair for one tribe to claim to have a mind of their own & pitch their tents where they are at a better advantage but vilify another tribe for toeing a path that will favour them as well..

Thanks in anticipation of a clear &, concise reaponse..
I don't know why people are still masturbating about gej defeat. I didn't vote for pdp nor apc in the last presidential election. reason, under gej Nigerian politicians looting us dry duo he is a good man but that put any food on the table of an average Nigerian. on buhari side, not because he's a northern but his policies. he is more like Manchester United manager who but first his philosophy first.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by Boyooosa(m): 12:18pm On Feb 21, 2016
AngryNigerian:
That Title has been scrapped over the tym, it has transmogrified to #Abobaflex.
Btw, I love Arthur the way he honoured the young Ooni, Our Ancestors will honour you. I key into your wealth as well (in a low voice... if it is clean o! smiley)

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by kaziblake(f): 12:30pm On Feb 21, 2016
Authur Eze....

A very generous man

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by tk4rd: 12:39pm On Feb 21, 2016
sambisamann:
na so the man take turn servant for his own house kwa. angry
I don't know how it is in ur place, but in our place, when a king pays a visit to you, you pay homage to him with some gifts and excess respect; if you visit a king, you will still pay homage to him with gifts and excess respect.. If a king visits another king of equal authority, both of them would pay homage to both of themselves, if not, the king with lesser authority or rank pays the homage whether he visited the higher king or been visited by the higher king.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by ozoemenaca: 12:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
Long Live the Oni . You are so dynamic and flexible. I think the kingdom is blessed with this man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by nynbrada: 12:46pm On Feb 21, 2016
kissval1388:
abobaku I sight you joor!!!! enjoy yourself now and don't run when the time comes.

since ooni is the vice chancellor, make we give abobaku Dean of inn. Lols.

Actually am an Igbo, but I don't know why I so much like this ooni. maybe its because he is a young guy.

Point of correction!
The Ooni is not the Vice Chancellor but the Chancellor.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by lonelydora: 12:51pm On Feb 21, 2016
AngryNigerian:

He seems unhappy

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by SoNature(m): 12:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
BushidoBlue:
I would have thought our president would have been travelling around the nation, encouraging the citizens and rebuilding the ties we saw cut off during elections and manifested as hate and division... instead he instigated more division from his statements immediately after being sworn in and recently also...

The Ooni is an example of a good Ruler and a leader.... with unity and focus on patriotic equality in his sights...

Ride on Your Majesty.

Na your mama born you! Nwa ma ihe. Your comment deserves 1,000,000 likes cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by AngryNigerian(m): 1:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
lonelydora:

He seems unhappy

cry cry cry cry

...& praying so hard that Ooni must not die before him! That culture though...which kain idea be that!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by Chukazu: 1:05pm On Feb 21, 2016
WhoRUDeceiving:

A mere meeting among who? Arthur zee and the new kid on the block from Ife translates to brotherhood? That brotherhood first died when Zik was rigged out in 1965, then died a 2nd time when Awo took a position with Fulani establishment to kill and starve the East, and then died a third time when Jona, an Ijaw man, was betrayed by the same region. So for the East and Midwest, that brother hood with Yoruba politically is only by mouth. Na for a beer, that's another story
Rd

most likely you weren't born during the event that you recounted.
sometimes I just feel we should just let it go and face our future without rancor.
after the world War, Sir.winston Churchill declared that Europe can not progress if there's no peace between Germany and France, even though Germany was the aggressor... the same applies to Nigeria, the country will never stand in absence of peace between Igbo and Yoruba.

let's chat a new course and move our country forward.
It will be unfair to judge someone based on what his forefathers did or didn't do.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 21, 2016
PROBABLY AN ANT.TOO SMALL TO BE NOTICED IN HIS GRANDPA ZOO.
CastedDude:
and u are a SMALL animal in the zoo...probably a rat
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by LORRDDD(m): 1:34pm On Feb 21, 2016
WhoRUDeceiving:

A mere meeting among who? Arthur zee and the new kid on the block from Ife translates to brotherhood? That brotherhood first died when Zik was rigged out in 1965, then died a 2nd time when Awo took a position with Fulani establishment to kill and starve the East, and then died a third time when Jona, an Ijaw man, was betrayed by the same region. So for the East and Midwest, that brother hood with Yoruba politically is only by mouth. Na for a beer, that's another story

no it first died when Nzeogwu-led igbo-officers coup brutally killed number one and number 3 citizens of this country but number 2 miraculously "escaped" thru basement. gosh I hate being drawn on these issues, I'm actually not concerned by what u wrote, I only think if we're gonna take sides, let's make sure we always ask "why" things happen. like "why is the rest of the country sidelining us when it comes to presidency despite that we got there first, and Ironsi too?" ifeajuna came to my Alma mater UI, the whole country adored him in his Olympic days, remember? ..until that coup. it started everything. then gowon came with a counter-coup(but that's the only thing igbo writers usually remember tho). don't always point fingers preaching same hate stories when u know u're grossly oblivious to the truth. this our generation have a task of bringing everyone even closer, to a round table, and deliberate heart-to-heart on how we can coexist without all these prejudice (I am still driven towards this and it MUST happen). I served in the east, truthfully things need to be better than it is but definitely not by listening to terrorists and "selfish saviours". this is 2016, if our fathers and grandparents tell us tales, let's ve ri fy....let's read..gosh I'm so pained.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 2:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
I hope he doesn't go there and say the obi of onitsha is a "Yoruba Oba"

If he wants to rule the world, let him be ready to experience Hitler treatment
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by guccitype(m): 2:47pm On Feb 21, 2016
Arthur Eze na ukpoooo......Mmm I smell affluence....Oluwa pick my call
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by modath(f): 3:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
Obiagelli:

Ok, thanks. Good host he was

Babe, I have no argument about it being Arthur Eze's house but both furnitures aren't the same...

Howdy, nice weekend...
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 21, 2016
modath:

Babe, I have no argument about it being Arthur Eze's house but both furnitures aren't the same...

Howdy, nice weekend...
Oh really, i didn't check.

Same here sis.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by AyakaDunukofia: 4:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
Obiagelli:
Do they carry that chair about to everywhere the king goes or it belongs to Arthur
The Ooni don't pay visits to just any person, on the other hand, the man he visited do not receive any sort of traditional ruler in his palatial home. He is a royal himself and the sitting room is his own and such has been his style since he was born.

The Ukpo Prince accepts nothing else other than "timber and caliber" life.

He is the son of the late HRH, Chief Michael Eze, Okofia V Of Dunukofia.

Prince Arthur is among the prominent royals welcoming the new Ooni into the splendour of royalty.

Respect
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by jude33084(m): 5:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
praise010:
Why is the Landlord sitting on a side stool?

It is called respect wink
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by PhilBliss(m): 8:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ooni too waka,
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by Lilimax(f): 8:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
I think for the first time the yorubas have gotten right with this oba but let's keep watching.. If someone like the Oba of Lagos for instance tries this, he will be stoned
grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by BushidoBlue(m): 8:29pm On Feb 21, 2016
WhoRUDeceiving:

Nigeria does not need ruler's of yesteryear that are on the bankroll of the poor. We don't need them as chancellor's or even spokesperson because their institutions have failed the people and promote the typical militarized mindset that our people still have.

So, no sir I don't want

Are you aware that the Ooni has destroyed some of the institutionalised hatred and wrangling among royal fathers in the west?

By the way the current president is one of those who militarized a mond like yours to insult and denigrate a royal stool?

Where is he in the face of our travails? Being shielded by blind supporters while the nation sinks in pools of division and economic miasma...

At times I wonder who or what did this to us?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by BushidoBlue(m): 8:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
SoNature:

Na your mama born you! Nwa ma ihe. Your comment deserves 1,000,000 likes cool

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by femidejulius(m): 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2016
WhoRUDeceiving:
LOL, he was "installed" Chancellor.

This is why we can never progress in this zoo.

Let me tell you a short story. There was once a man called Kanu who started calling his country zoo. Eventually, he landed inside the cage and now lives an a zoo animal. End of story.

Do you want to end up like him
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) by isalegan2: 5:34am On Feb 22, 2016
LORRDDD:

no it first died when Nzeogwu-led igbo-officers coup brutally killed number one and number 3 citizens of this country but number 2 miraculously "escaped" thru basement. gosh I hate being drawn on these issues, I'm actually not concerned by what u wrote, I only think if we're gonna take sides, let's make sure we always ask "why" things happen. like "why is the rest of the country sidelining us when it comes to presidency despite that we got there first, and Ironsi too?" ifeajuna came to my Alma mater UI, the whole country adored him in his Olympic days, remember? ..until that coup. it started everything. then gowon came with a counter-coup(but that's the only thing igbo writers usually remember tho). don't always point fingers preaching same hate stories when u know u're grossly oblivious to the truth. this our generation have a task of bringing everyone even closer, to a round table, and deliberate heart-to-heart on how we can coexist without all these prejudice (I am still driven towards this and it MUST happen). I served in the east, truthfully things need to be better than it is but definitely not by listening to terrorists and "selfish saviours". this is 2016, if our fathers and grandparents tell us tales, let's ve ri fy....let's read..gosh I'm so pained.

This! It's a fact that the coup derailed this country towards a tragic and long-suffering course. And, I'm no (tribe) hater.

zubbyenebeli:
Its unethical for an oba to leave his throne,visiting a none oba,its an insult to his empire.

I'm not sure of the protocol for such, but you might be right. What is the reason for him even going there, other than the dude is a multi-millionaire? I just have respect that throne so I lipsrsealed undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3423601_flavour_jpeg7189922cc63d14b88a5c8d0f34de8eaf

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu Monarch Driving Commercial Vehicle Hustling For Passengers (Video) / Traditional Attire And People From Samuel Etoo's Country. / Olori Adeyeye Wuraola Ogunwusi's Birthday Cake + Pics From Her Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.