Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,974 members, 7,821,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (4563 Views)

Is Christian Salvation True Or False / Which Is Your Favorite Part Of Worship Service? / Why Is Christian Dating So Difficult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by PastorAIO: 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2009
javalove:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Now u have shut urself!!!!

Quote for me verses in the bible that relate to exactly or close to what u have quoted from the quran

U saw that the Quran didnt talk about bread and zobo . . . neither did it talk about feasting and fellowshipping

If u are sincere, which version of verses as regards WORSHIP OF GOD will you give to ur son? The Quranic or the Biblical?

Did u see how clear the quranic version is . . that needs no further statements like "u guys cant understand" . . . u saw that uts direct in its meaning . . .
so all in all . . . most of the things we see in churches today are not biblical

the singing and dancing which jesus never did

or

the clapping and shouting . .

all of these are what modern day xtians refer to as worship

Hello again munafiqeen. Of the verses I quoted which one can you say that you are close to or that you adhere to? I put it to you that you are only trying to take cheap pot shots because your understanding of religion is cheap and superficial.
Re: . by PastorAIO: 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2009
This is an interesting research that probably merits a thread of it's own.

Buzz UpSendSharePrint
Jeanna Bryner
Senior Writer
LiveScience.com – Wed Jul 1, 1:25 pm ET
People who are less confident in their beliefs are more reluctant than others to seek out opposing perspectives, researchers said today.
The findings, which are based on a review of more than 90 studies, shed light on the debate over whether people intentionally steer clear of views conflicting with their own, or whether they are just exposed more often to ideas that conform to their own.
The former seems to be the case. Another recent study revealed that college students gravitated toward news that fit their views.
While it's not news that like-minded people often flock together, the new review suggests we actively keep our blinders on when opposing views are nearby. The review is detailed this month in the journal Psychological Bulletin.
Some more so than others ,
Overall, the studies suggested people are about twice as likely to cherry-pick information that supports their own viewpoints than to consider an opposing idea. Nearly 70 percent cherry-picked compared to about 30 percent who ponder the other side.
Close-minded individuals opted for information that went along with their views 75 percent of the time.
"Close-minded people are very certain and dogmatic in their views, and generally believe that there is a single correct point of view," said study researcher Dolores Albarracin, a psychology professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. "The implication is that you have a group of people who would only seek to confirm their points of view, resisting all evidence to the contrary via avoidance of exposure."
And since even a slight breeze could flatten a house of cards, the researchers found people with little confidence in their own beliefs are less likely to expose themselves to contrary views compared with their confident counterparts.

From here
http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20090701/sc_livescience/peopleunsureofbeliefsaremorecloseminded
Re: . by javalove(m): 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2009
Pastor AIO:

This is an interesting research that probably merits a thread of it's own.
From here
http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20090701/sc_livescience/peopleunsureofbeliefsaremorecloseminded

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Man answer the questions . . .

Open a separate thread for all that and lets discuss . . . stop being a maradona!!
Re: . by Krayola(m): 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2009
Most religious people get so hostlie when confronted because they are afraid. Afraid that they do not know enough about their religion to defend it against criticism. They try to attack the credibility of the opponent, or insult him/her, rather than just respond to the arguments made. They are quick to point out the nonsense in other religions, but never look at theirs as critically.
Re: . by olabowale(m): 5:00am On Jul 13, 2009
I would like to read the mode of worship of the Christians, posted by Noetic, Davidylan, $Osisi, etc. I hope they will enlighten a person like me.
Re: . by yommyuk: 6:32am On Jul 13, 2009
Worshiping God in spirit and in truth cool
Re: . by Aremugangan(m): 7:20am On Jul 13, 2009
@pastor AIO, u re a comedian coz u not only make me lol but u make me lmfao.
Weither we admit it or not, nobody can ever stop what has happened so its not worth it crying over a splitted milk. Islam remains d only religion decreed by Allah. No dogmatization, no pushing, no paddling, no pulling. Artificial can never meet or stand natural. Its no news that xtianity is no religion and thus, anything could be a mode of worship even surfing the web. But pls tel me; what becoms of the following verses? Abraham: "And Abram FELL ON HIS FACE: and God talked with him, saying," (Genesis 17:3).
David; "O come, let us WORSHIP AND BOW DOWN: let us KNEEL before the LORD our maker." (Psalm 95:6).
Jesus; "And he went a little farther, and FELL ON HIS FACE, and PRAYED, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. " (Matthew 26:39).
Please give me bible verses that the word WORSHIP in its context?
Re: . by PastorAIO: 10:13am On Jul 13, 2009
Aremugangan:

@pastor AIO, u re a comedian coz u not only make me lol but u make me lmfao.
Weither we admit it or not, nobody can ever stop what has happened so its not worth it crying over a splitted milk. Islam remains d only religion decreed by Allah. No dogmatization, no pushing, no paddling, no pulling. Artificial can never meet or stand natural. Its no news that xtianity is no religion and thus, anything could be a mode of worship even surfing the web. But pls tel me; what becoms of the following verses? Abraham: "And Abram FELL ON HIS FACE: and God talked with him, saying," (Genesis 17:3).
David; "O come, let us WORSHIP AND BOW DOWN: let us KNEEL before the LORD our maker." (Psalm 95:6).
Jesus; "And he went a little farther, and FELL ON HIS FACE, and PRAYED, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. " (Matthew 26:39).
Please give me bible verses that the word WORSHIP in its context?

You are caught up in ritualistic religionism. Someone has answered you above that it is not by the rituals or whether you're in the mountain or in the temple but rather you worship God in Spirit and in truth. If you think that it is the kneeling and the bowing down that God is looking at then that is your own problem. If you get results in your life that way then Good for you. I am trying to point out to you that there is something a lot deeper than that but I can see that you are way to shallow to understand.

The fault does not even lie with Islam or any other religion but with you personally. Yours is a decadent soul with nowhere to go so you clutch unto empty ceremonials. o ma se o!
Re: . by javalove(m): 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2009
pastor carry on wiv ur fake life. . .

shebi all the rubbish u are quoting were found in some letters and manuscripts Jesus himself does not know of. . .
Re: . by Aremugangan(m): 10:25pm On Jul 13, 2009
@Pastor, you were absolutely right with all your words at least you did not disappoint the teacher that taught you English. If i insist on arguing with you, i will at a point be tought to also be mad considering the fact that you are not even quoting the book you are supposed to be belivin in. I'l like to know where you church? If you can't quote the bible to butress your point in support of your doctrine, why should i then be angry if you tel me i'm wrong whenever i quote the bible. Pls, continue with your explanation about the mode of worship. You are different and unique. I never knew a person like you exists
Re: . by PastorAIO: 3:48pm On Jul 14, 2009
Pastor AIO:

22While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take it; this is my body.”

23Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, and they all drank from it.

Mark Chapter14 verse 22 to 23
For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks (eucharistéō), He broke it and said, "This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me." (1 Corinthians 11:23-24, NASB)
This is what the apostles taught their converts and as Paul told the corinthians it was a practice that they received from the Lord himself.

I believe I quoted the bible above. Maybe you suffered from momentary blindness when you were reading. No wahala.
Re: . by Aremugangan(m): 7:09pm On Jul 14, 2009
@Pastor, am i free 2say that those that have not been eating bread at churches have not been worshipping? Pls send your church address, i don't need perform miracles, i just start a bread business. Ndigbos where are you

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Falling Away And The Revelation Of The Son Of Perdition / Never Wear Cloth That Contain These 10 Images For Heaven Sake / God Is A Tester Not A Tempter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.