Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Guardian Angel (2) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Guardian Angel (2) (580 Views)

Memoir Of A Lagos Mainland Angel / DAYO'S ANGEL( Love, Lust And Betrayal) / Guardian Angel(i) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guardian Angel (2) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2016
It is a dark and lonely night. I had to go to the ATM to withdraw some cash for my ailing brother's treatment.

Its funny in retrospect. Concern clouded my judgement and I gave little thought to the various stories of mugging around the neighborhood. It was only when I was returning with the last #15,000 that I realised just how stupid I had been. I could have asked any of my friends to follow me. But I hadn't. Which brings us to my present predicament. There's a little alleyway just before I can get home. In truth, it isn't the only way, but the other road has a gate which thanks to the nefarious activities of rascals and riff raff is closed by 7pm sharp. This is because at this time, enclosed or hidden places become an unholy terror.

Shaking my wrist to clear a little space to see my wristwatch, I check the time. Its 8:30pm. I don't stand a snowflake's chance in hell in getting home that way.
So I cross myself and utter a quick word of prayer.
"What would be would be" I tell myself as I cross the sidewalk and enter the alley. Just before I enter the alley, a big dog comes out from behind a sack of refuse. Its a beautiful alsatian but I'm not really concerned about it's good looks. I'm more concerned about it's teeth. It's plenty teeth. It looks at me. I look back. Oddly, I don't take to my heels, which happens to be my default reaction when confronted by an animal with lots if teeth and claws that could easily make me dinner. The dog is coming closer. It sniffs my feet.

Is it going to bite me?

Read the rest at www.laolusblog.

(1) (Reply)

Novel Freaks...help Me!! / Her Fate / Learning The Hard Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.