Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria (7852 Views)

Trump Orders Strike On Syria In Response To Alleged Chemical Attack / Putin Has Called The U.S. Airstrikes On Syria An 'illegal Act Of Aggression'. / Russian Options Against A US Attack On Syria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by vedaxcool(m): 3:19am On Jul 10, 2016
pootine colon eaters that's a new one grin grin minted why would you elevate a mere state level senator to such heights? All in the service of propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by Missy89(f): 3:29am On Jul 10, 2016
vedaxcool:
pootine colon eaters that's a new one grin grin minted why would you elevate a mere state level senator to such heights? All in the service of propaganda.

grin

Propagandists have no honor. If my shite supports Russia, cowardminted will eat it and tell you it is beans tacos

2 Likes

Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by NairaMinted: 10:02am On Jul 10, 2016
vedaxcool:

Hey! Learnt how to Google yet?
Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by vedaxcool(m): 10:08am On Jul 10, 2016
NairaMinted:

Hey! Learnt how to Google yet?

the question remains why elevate a mere state level senator to such heights?
Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by vedaxcool(m): 10:10am On Jul 10, 2016
Missy89:

grin

Propagandists have no honor. If my shite supports Russia, cowardminted will eat it and tell you it is beans tacos

minted please fight back this is too much to take...all I am hearing is elastic heart... do have those? grin
Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by NairaMinted: 10:33am On Jul 10, 2016
vedaxcool:

the question remains why elevate a mere state level senator to such heights?

I can see that ever since your severe lack of computing skills has been exposed, you have been desperate to get one back at me. Sorry pal, this isn't one of those days.

How is that the truth speaking words of a state senator in Amerika is any less relevant than that of a senator in congress or that or any other American for that matter? I await an answer to this question

What about the words of Congresswoman Tulsi Gobbard, US senator Ron Paul, French Foreign Minister Roland Dumas, US General and ex NATO Supreme Commander Wesley Clark, incumbent US Vice President Joe Biden, etc?

Or should we wait for looney US senator McCain himself to admit what Amerika has been up to before we accept it as truth?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by vedaxcool(m): 10:39am On Jul 10, 2016
[s]
NairaMinted:

I can see that ever since your severe lack of computing skills has been exposed, you have been desperate to get one back at me. Sorry pal, this isn't one of those days.

How is that the truth speaking words of a state senator in Amerika is any less relevant than that of a senator in congress or that or any other American for that matter? I await an answer to this question

What about the words of Congresswoman Tulsi Gobbard, US senator Ron Paul, French Foreign Minister Roland Dumas, US General and ex NATO Supreme Commander Wesley Clark, incumbent US Vice President Joe Biden, etc?

Or should we wait for looney US senator McCain himself to admit what Amerika has been up to before we accept it as truth?
[/s]

Honesty is what most propagandist lack, if you quote a state level senator indicates it is a state level senator not hoping or wishing no one would realize your deciet. Lies and dishonesty for Russia will get you know where.
Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by NairaMinted: 10:52am On Jul 10, 2016
vedaxcool:
[/b]

minted please fight back this is too much to take...all I am hearing is elastic heart... do have those? grin

No need to worry about me. What you should worry about though is who you choose to be online buddies with.

The bi-polar, self hating, war loving looney serving in a military contractor's kitchen out in Guam actually secretly is a Putin fanboy fanIt (For someone that is desperate to inform and remind you that It is a "she", we gotta go with the safe choice that It most likely is a lying "he", so for the sake of neutrality, we'll stick to "It"wink

I reckon It's superiors probably found out what it was posting and threatened to deport it back to Ibadan from whence it came. Ever since it has towed the anti-Putin, anti-Russia line.

Expect it to come and explain, twist, obsfucate, disregard, digress, disparage, tantrum Its way out of this in .....1,2,3.......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by NairaMinted: 10:59am On Jul 10, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Honesty is what most propagandist lack, if you quote a state level senator indicates it is a state level senator not hoping or wishing no one would realize your deciet. Lies and dishonesty for Russia will get you know where.

I can see that your are indeed a very slow individual. I'll keep doing my best to get you outta that state. Can you read at all? What do you see in my posts?

Still awaiting your response on what those other Amerikans said. Abi until Jesus comes down and says it himself - the United States of Amerika has been fueling terror, death and destruction across the globe?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by vedaxcool(m): 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2016
NairaMinted:

No need to worry about me. What you should worry about though is who you choose to be online buddies with.

The bi-polar, self hating, war loving looney serving in a military contractor's kitchen out in Guam actually secretly is a Putin fanboy fanIt (For someone that is desperate to inform and remind you that It is a "she", we gotta go with the safe choice that It most likely is a lying "he", so for the sake of neutrality, we'll stick to "It"wink

I reckon It's superiors probably found out what it was posting and threatened to deport it back to Ibadan from whence it came. Ever since it has towed the anti-Putin, anti-Russia line.

Expect it to come and explain, twist, obsfucate, disregard, digress, disparage, tantrum Its way out of this in .....1,2,3.......

Hmm witting an epistle over just this only creates a parrallel with this guy...

Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by vedaxcool(m): 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
NairaMinted:

I can see that your are indeed a very slow individual. I'll keep doing my best to get you outta that state. Can you read at all? [b]What do you see in my posts?

S[/b]till awaiting your response on what those other Amerikans said. Abi until Jesus comes down and says it himself - the United States of Amerika has been fueling terror, death and destruction across the globe?

Lies, more lies and damn lies
Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by NairaMinted: 1:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
vedaxcool:

Hmm witting an epistle over just this only creates a parraloel with this guy...

You can't google, you can't read and you can't spell or communicate intelligibly. Why are you on Nairaland again?

vedaxcool:

Lies, more lies and damn lies

My goodness! At least make an effort! What a simpleton!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by vedaxcool(m): 4:39pm On Jul 10, 2016
[s]
NairaMinted:

You can't google, you can't read and you can't spell or communicate intelligibly. Why are you on Nairaland again?

My goodness! At least make an effort! What a simpleton!
[/s]

Yet you spend all your time responding to my post, doesn't that make you an ultimate jejune? a fool who seeks' desperately the validation of everyone and everything? cheesy cheesy missyb must have really done something pretty messed up to have reduced you to a striking resemblance of the man in this picture.

2 Likes

Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by NairaMinted00: 11:20am On Jul 13, 2016
More Tulsi Gabbard (US Congresswoman & Marine Corps vet, Hawaii) on Syria

(10 min. Extract from Rep Gabbard's speech at People’s Summit)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggpbR864zik

Published on Jul 11, 2016An extract from Rep Tulsi Gabbard's speech at People’s Summit on
24 Jun 2016.
Rep Gabbard says: 'Let leaders in Washington know that we must stop wasting our valuable, limited resources on regime change wars such as the war to overthrow the Syrian government, and instead focus our resources on investing in and rebuilding our nation and communities here at home. We simply cannot afford to do both.'

1 Like

Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by NairaMinted: 12:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
Preface by NairaMinted:

Here is another shill working for your favourite war mongering, arm selling, war profiting think-tank, the Atlantic Council, the same brilliant think-tank which some days ago warned the Poles that big bad, evil Russia would soon invade, making a case for why Al-Qaeda (yes, Al-Qaeda the supposed terror group behind 911 going by the name of Al-Nusra - along with their child beheading affiliates) must be saved from destruction.

American foreign policy at its best. You can't make this sh*t up wink

False Narrative 1. Moderate rebels::

"I have met with these brave fighters, and they are not Al-Qaeda. To the contrary: They are Libyan patriots who want to liberate their nation. We should help them do it."-Senator John McCain in Benghazi, Libya April 22, 2011 - as an Al- Qaeda flag was hoisted over a Benghazi courthouse......

“Of course they are Muslims, but they are moderates. I guarantee you that they are moderates — I know them, and I have been with them.” Senator John McCain, speaking about the rebels in Syria, Washington, September 3, 2013

“Not true, not true! Frankly, I just disagree… There’s about 70 percent still who are Free Syrian Army.” _ Senator John McCain, Washington, September 18, 2013

False Narrative 2. Targets of Russian military campaign is not targeting ISIS:

October 2015: Amerikan State Department spokesman John Kirby said: “Greater than 90 per cent of the strikes that we’ve seen them take to date have not been against Isil [Isis] or al-Qaeda-affiliated terrorists.
“They’ve been largely against opposition groups that want a better future for Syria and don’t want to see the Assad regime stay in power.”

9 Jan 2016:
http://www.ibtimes.com/us-official-says-russian-airstrikes-rarely-target-isis-2257905

Whilst an unnamed senior Amerikan government official lies that over 70% of Russian airstrikes isn't targeting ISIS, this article clearly states that Russia is targeting "rebels" (moderates) in Idlib province. No mention of Al-Qaeda's affiliate Al-Nusra.

The Amerikan government then unequivocally states that the objectives of the Amerikan military campaign and that of the Russians do not align. A narrative mendaciously repeated by bots on here on Nairaland.

All efforts by the Russian Foreign Secretary, Sergei Lavrov; the Russian president, Vladimir Putin and even the Russian PM, Medvedev to fly to Washington and be provided with the a list of vetted "rebels" fall on deaf ears.

The Reality on Ground Today:

Fast forward to July 2016 and in the wake of an impending defeat of Amerika's proxies, Al-Nusra in the Aleppo province, the Amerikan Sekretary of State, John Kerry has shamelessly visited Moscow a couple of times pleading with the Russians to share intelligence & conduct a joint strike of Al-Nusra and ISIS.

Al-Nusra over the past couple of days, in a bid to avoid being bombed under this hopeful joint strike group that Amerika is desperately pushing for, has........you guessed it...... changed it's name and rebranded. wink
http://thesaker.is/syrian-war-report-july-27-2016-al-nusra-rebranding/

Wait till the 1:30 mark where you watch as Jabhat Al-Nusra transitions into Jabhat Fateh Al Sham on the very same day that John Kerry announces this joint strike group. Perfect timing! wink

Today, so much for "Russia's fake campaign". Bottomline is that Russia has been targeting Amerika's terror proxies who are the actual formidable fighting force that exist in Syria. They are no formidable moderates in Syria.

End of preface.

Zoharariel, Appleyard, Scully95

[size=18pt]WHAT IF A U.S.-RUSSIAN DEAL IN SYRIA GOES EXACTLY AS PLANNED?[/size]
FAYSAL ITANI
JULY 27, 2016

Syrian-Rebel-Firing

Most critics of the White House’s proposed U.S.-Russian cooperative arrangement against terrorists in Syria, the terms of which were recently leaked, have focused on what could go wrong. Russia may simply violate the terms of any agreement reached thereby undermining the mission, embarrassing the United States, and hurting its local partners. I am far more troubled, however, by what would happen if the agreement goes as planned. A successful Joint Implementation Group (JIG) would likely weaken or eliminate a strong component of the insurgency without compensating for the lost capacity, further tilting the military balance in the regime’s favor. Unless the United States can prevent that, the JIG would make a lasting negotiated settlement in Syria more difficult than it already is, setting the stage for open-ended civil war and further radicalization.

The JIG’s terms do not overwhelmingly favor Russia, at least not on paper. They place constraints on its military action in Syria in return for intelligence sharing and possible direct operational cooperation against Jabhat al-Nusra, al-Qaeda’s Syrian affiliate. Russia would also refrain from targeting jointly designated (and presumably opposition-controlled) areas. Russia would compel the regime to ground its air force across much of Syria. Indeed, Russia might find the JIG’s terms too onerous. It can after all continue its own unrestrained war on al-Nusra and the broader insurgency alike without U.S. cooperation.

If Russia does accept the JIG proposal, it could later derail it through cheating. It could simply violate the terms, especially over target designation and rules of engagement. The document does not mention any penalties for violations, but there appear to be none. Russia may fail (or fail to try) to prevent regime aircraft from operating over “safe” areas, just as it has failed to stop the regime from violating the Cessation of Hostilities, which broke down after a few weeks. Of course, there is little goodwill between the United States and Russia over Syria anyway, meaning intelligence sharing is inherently problematic.

In theory however the JIG could unfold exactly as planned: Russia and the United States would jointly weaken al-Nusra as a serious strategic threat to the regimeRussia would limit its attacks to designated targets and areas. And regime aircraft would be grounded across much of Syria. That would save innocents from regime aerial bombardment — a worthy goal in itself. Strategically, however, the JIG should be judged by the extent that it serves key U.S. policy goals in Syria: fighting extremism and enabling a negotiated settlement to the civil war. Weakening al-Nusra will bring some temporary satisfaction, but under the current military balance it would destroy any chance of a political settlement to the civil war. It also has the potential to further radicalize Syrians fighting the regime who would be rid of al-Nusra, but then find themselves even less prepared to resist regime violence and negotiate a lasting peace.

Like any U.S. policy in Syria, the JIG can succeed only to the extent that it accounts for the main context: the civil war. Both al-Nusra and the civilian suffering that the JIG seeks to mitigate are products of this war. Since Russia intervened against the opposition in October 2015, the military balance has increasingly favored the regime, which has made and continues to make important progress against the rebels. The highly strategic province of Idlib (where al-Nusra is strongest) is the insurgency’s most critical remaining stronghold and a staging point for major operations. Here, al-Nusra fights alongside other Islamist and nationalist brigades, but it is likely the single most capable fighting force in that coalition.

The JIG would break al-Nusra as a conventional fighting force, with two important effects. First, all else being equal, without al-Nusra the opposition will lose Idlib and, with it, its position in northern Syria. The insurgency would no longer pose a strategic threat to the regime, eliminating any incentive for the latter to negotiate a meaningful political settlement with the opposition. Indeed, the regime would be well-placed to crush the remaining insurgent groups as well, including U.S.-backed fighters. A successful JIG would prevent a negotiated settlement by eliminating much of al-Nusra’s capability without replacing or compensating for the insurgency’s lost capacity. This would either prolong the war or facilitate regime progress, killing and radicalizing more Syrians.

Second, anti-regime Syrians will see the JIG as a joint U.S.-Russian war on the insurgency writ large. Unlike the Islamic State for example, al-Nusra has built considerable local Syrian acceptance, including among major insurgent groups. It is reportedly considering disassociating itself from al-Qaeda to further bind itself with other Syrian insurgent groups. It will be increasingly difficult to target al-Nusra without harming civilians and other opposition fighters. Even if the United States and Russia do so with relative success, Syrians fighting Assad know the end-results will be a weakened insurgency, an intact regime, and a legitimized Russian role in Syria. Just as predictably, this will further radicalize both insurgents and civilians in targeted areas, especially as the JIG permits regime artillery and rocket strikes on opposition territory where the United States and Russia will also be targeting.

Those wanting to fight extremists and end the Syrian war must concede that any counter-Nusra plan should not strengthen the regime, whose military confidence remains the main driver of radicalization and obstacle to a negotiated settlement. An isolated military effort against al-Nusra would greatly improve Assad’s military position. Al-Nusra should be destroyed of course, but the JIG as currently conceived would very likely sabotage broader U.S. counterterrorism and strategic interests in Syria. An anti-Nusra effort should instead be paired with direct and proxy military pressure on the regime to prevent its capitalizing on a post-Nusra opposition’s weakness. This could include increased qualitative military support to vetted insurgents and a U.S. commitment to punishing any regime targeting of civilians. There are other means, but the aim is to make the military option unpalatable to the regime. Al-Nusra should not be targeted at the price of condemning Syria to endless war and terrorism. If unaccompanied by robust U.S. measures to protect a weakening insurgency and contain an emboldened regime, the JIG will probably destroy the Syrian opposition, rule out any negotiated settlement, and replace one set of radicals with another.

Faysal Itani is a resident senior fellow with the Atlantic Council’s Rafik Hariri Center for the Middle East, where he focuses primarily on the Syrian conflict and its regional impact. Itani was born and grew up in Beirut, Lebanon. He has repeatedly briefed the United States government and its allies on the conflict in Syria and its effects on their interests.
Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by Embosman: 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
This missy babe needs eye cleansing, how's it possible to not see the atrocities committed by us directly or indirectly in M.E. Like does she really believe us and her allies Saudi,turkey are fighting Isis? While they repeatedly sing Assad must go, how convenient that Sunni Isis works towards achieving that feat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by NairaMinted: 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2016
Another last ditched attempt to save our beloved child headchopping & liver eating but nonetheless "feedom loving and democracy embracing" rebels

[size=18pt]U.S. neocons call to “bomb Assad”, no reason given[/size]

Alexander Mercouris
ALEXANDER MERCOURIS
4 hours ago 0 155
U.S. neocons are increasingly campaigning for bombing Syria without providing any rational reason or objective or explanation of why they want to do so.
The famous (and misunderstood) aphorism of Karl von Clausewitz, the great German military theorist, that “war is a mere continuation of politics by other means” is meeting its absolute negation in some of the commentary that is starting to appear in the US in relation to the Syrian war.

A succession of essays and articles has recently appeared, produced by US think-tanks and the US media, once again calling for the US to bomb the Syrian military (“bomb Assad”). This article in The New York Times is just one of many.

What is really quite extraordinary about this article and many others like it is that whilst calling for bombing Syria it gives no coherent reason for doing it. The nearest it comes to is saying that the bombing would be “punishment” for the Syrian government’s alleged violation of the truce that was agreed in February by the US and Russia.

That wars should never be waged to exact “punishment” but only in self-defence or with the authorisation of the UN Security Council is mentioned nowhere in the article. Nor of course is there any recognition that waging war for such a reason is actually illegal. Nor does the article say what the US should do if it were the rebels as opposed to the Syrian government who were violating the truce. Is the US supposed in that case to bomb the rebels as well? I doubt there is a single human being on earth who thinks the authors of the article would support that.

More to the point however is that nowhere in the article is there any clear explanation of what the bombing is supposed to achieve. Its utter detachment from reality is shown by its fantastic suggestions that such bombing would force the Russians “to make Assad behave” and that the US should only bomb “the Syrian military’s airfields, bases and artillery positions where no Russian troops are present”.

That trying to force someone to force someone else to behave by bombing that other person is not a credible way to fight a war ought to be obvious. How do the authors suppose the American and European publics would react to a bombing campaign launched to achieve such a nebulous objective? Besides how do the authors know how the Russians would react? What if “bombing Assad” does not “force” the Russians “to make Assad behave”? What if the Russians instead take steps to intercept the cruise missiles and drones which are carrying out the bombing – as it is fully within their technical competence to do, and as they are surely far more likely to do? What do the authors propose the US do in that case? Do they propose the US escalate the bombing to overcome the Russian defences or do they say that in that case the bombing should be called off? What is to prevent the Russians from sending Russian military observers to all “the Syrian military’s airfields, bases and artillery positions” that the US is intending to bomb? Would the authors, following the line set out in their article, say that in that case the bombing should be called off? Or would they in fact be far more likely to say that in that case the US should bomb the Russian troops as well?

Reading articles like this it is impossible to avoid the feeling that for some people in the US bombing Syria has now become an overwhelming obsession and an end in itself, so much so that they no longer even bother to justify or explain it in any half-ways rational way, and that they are prepared to take the most appalling risks in order to do it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by NairaMinted: 5:59pm On Aug 10, 2016
Former acting Amerikan CIA director and Hillary Clinton supporter, Michael Morell openly conspires on public TV to commit raft of cowardly war crimes in Syria to "covertly" "kill Russians" and "scare Assad" by giving weapons to their opponents (Al Qaeda and ISIS).

Amid making these comments, ISIS and Al Qaeda have shot down at least 2 Russian helicopters and are turning up all over the battlefield with American-made TOW anti-tank missiles.

It should also be noted that the Amerikan invasion of Iraq was predicated on a premeditated lie. Russia's intervention in Syria was at the invitation of the legitimate sitting government, intervening in a fight against what are clearly designated terrorist organizations - even by Amerika's own admission.

Inept psychopaths have overrun Amerikan foreign policy, doing permanent damage to the nation it may NEVER recover from.

https://www.facebook.com/RussiaInsider/videos/1762669844003251/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYs_pfljaBE

2 Likes

Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by NairaMinted: 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hmmm.... Uncle Shmuel keeps taking it up the butt.......

Another country calling B.S. on the "Assad must go" cry. I wonder what McCain thinks of this? I hope the old man doesn't have a heart attack

[size=18pt]China ‘to provide aid, enhance military training’ in Syria – top army official[/size]
Published time: 16 Aug, 2016 15:2

Soldiers of China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) © Damir Sagolj / Reuters

Beijing and Damascus have agreed that the Chinese military will provide humanitarian aid to Syria, a high-ranking People's Liberation Army officer said, adding that the training of Syrian personnel by Chinese instructors has also been discussed.
Director of the Office for International Military Cooperation of China's Central Military Commission, Guan Youfei, arrived in Damascus on Tuesday for talks with Syrian Defense Minister Fahad Jassim al-Freij, Chinese Xinhua news agency reported.

During the negotiation, Guan noted China’s consistent diplomatic efforts to find a political solution to the Syrian crisis, adding that Beijing is now seeking closer military ties with Damascus.

"The Chinese and Syrian militaries traditionally have a friendly relationship, and the Chinese military is willing to keep strengthening exchanges and cooperation with the Syrian military," he said.

Guan and al-Freij discussed the enhancement of training and "reached a consensus" on the Chinese military providing humanitarian aid to Syria, Xinhua reported, without providing further details.

According to the agency, Guam also met with a Russian general during his visit to the Syrian capital.

Despite being a permanent UN Security Council member and relying on the Middle East for oil, China was previously reluctant to become involved in the Syrian conflict.

Beijing preferred to concentrate on domestic affairs and the territorial dispute with its neighbors in the South China Sea.

It praised Moscow’s anti-terrorism efforts in Syria as Russia staged a bombing campaign there in September 2015 to March 2016. Russia still has some of its forces in the country to provide humanitarian and military assistance to Syrian President Bashar Assad’s government.

Last year, there were reports that China was sending dozens of military advisers to Syria to help the country fight terrorists.

READ MORE: China’s military advisers ‘heading to Syria to help fight ISIS’ – report

Syria has been engulfed in civil war since 2011, with the government fighting a number of rebel groups, in addition to terrorist groups such as Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) and Al-Nusra Front.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by NairaMinted: 10:31am On Sep 04, 2016
[size=18pt]Must see video: US Peace Council returns from Syria, a country fighting “invasion by the most powerful country in the world”[/size]
Alex Christoforou

14 hours ago 8 346
The campaign to confuse the American people has been intense, but one thing is sure, Syria is fighting an invasion, not a civil war.

23 Share on Facebook Twitter

The truth about Syria and what is happening in Syria is all here, in the video below, outlined and documented during this press briefing by the US Peace Council (USPC).

We cannot be sure how long this video will be allowed to stay on Youtube, but we urge everyone to take 45:00 minutes of your time to see this video, share this video, and finally spread the word about the “vicious” war being waged on Syria.

Please share this post, and share this video, and share these excerpts, which may provide some life saving truth to an unjust, criminal war…and a western media narrative that continues to push lies and confusion to what is a clear and blatant international crime.

The Duran reported earlier today, as one of the few media organizations to expose this story…

A delegation from the US Peace Council (USPC) has recently returned to the US from a fact finding mission to Syria.

The members spent 6 days meeting with Syrian Government Officials including, President Assad, Union Leaders, Government Opposition Members as well as Civil & Business Leaders, NGO’s, Charities and Universities.

The delegation stated that each member paid their own way and that the Syrian Government allowed them to meet whomever they wanted.

They issued their report and held a press conference Press conference at the UN on 9th August 2016.

Madelyn Hoffman, Executive Director of New Jersey Peace Action, Member of the Syria Delegation at the 17:15:

This is not a civil war in Syria. That’s probably the first thing we heard, and we heard it over and over again.

It is not President Assad against his own people. It is President Assad and the Syrian people, all together, in unity, against outside forces, outside mercenary forces, terror organisations, the names change everyday or every other day, to try to protect their identity, and maybe keep the connection between the country that funded it and that group, kind of a little bit more nebulous, but there are groups, mercenary forces, supported by Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United States, and underneath it, Israel, the state of Israel.

And these outside mercenary forces are the ones that are terrorising the Syrian people, and are attempting to divide the Syrian people."

US Peace Council (USPC):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc-RmAVK8Pg
H.E. Bashar Ja’afari, Permanent Representative of the Syrian Arab Republic

Alfred Marder, President of the US Peace Council

Mary Compton, Member of the Executive Board of the US Peace Council

Henry Lowendorf, Member of the Executive Board of the US Peace Council, Head of the Syria Delegation

Joe Jamison, Member of the Executive Board of the US Peace Council, Member of the Syria Delegation

Madelyn Hoffman, Executive Director of New Jersey Peace Action, Member of the Syria Delegation

Donna Nassor, Professor and Lawyer also part of US Peace Council

Henry Lowendorf, Member of the Executive Board of the US Peace Council, at the 12:30 mark:

“We saw villages, that are basically Christian villages, that have been besieged by the terrorists, but have now been liberated. And the damage done to a shrine in the village called Maaloula, which is a village where they still speak Aramaic, the language of Jesus. And the attacks on the Christian population.”

“Their two things I want to mention, finally, that we feel are really important…

One is…That while the United States would like to divide the Syrians up, by religion or within a religion — by the different beliefs within that religion. There wasn’t a Syrian we talked to who would accept that.

We spoke to the Grand Mufti, and he said, ‘People ask me how many Muslims there are in Syria?’ and his response is always 23 million. That’s is the population of Syria.

And when we talk to the bishop of one of the Orthodox Churches, he answered the same thing, the number of Christians is 23 million.

We will not allow ourselves to be divided up the way the United States has divided up the people of Iraq, or Libya, or Afghanistan, or so many other countries. We won’t allow that.

And that unity, I believe, has lead to the ability of the Syrians to withstand an invasion by the most powerful country in the world, and its most powerful allies in Europe, its most powerful allies in the Middle East, with what is a vicious attack on the Syrian people.

The second is the sanctions. I have to admit that I did not know (before I went) that the United States has imposed sanctions on Syria in a way that’s similar to the sanctions that the United States imposed on Iraq in the 1990s, in order to weaken that country and that government, that the United States admits killed 500,000 children in Iraq, during the 1990s sanctions.

The Duran reported in a post entitled, “Why the Syrian conflict is not a civil war”

Alfred Marder who, is the President of the USPC firstly acknowledged that the US peace and anti-war movement has been in a state of confusion about Syria and that this has caused division within the movement.

He explained that the domestic tactic used by the US government to sway US public opinion, is, to demonise the leader of whatever country the US is targeting.

“Whether it’s Noriega, Hussein, Gaddafi, or Assad, there’s a definite pattern here”

He said the story the US people have been told about President Assad and Syria have been purposefully false. Concerning the reporting he said

“This is not accidental. This is designed to confuse people’s opinions on these Leaders.”

Jamison was blunt in his assessment and likened this quote to the dangerous attitude of so many Americans who think they know about Syria and President Assad but “….what they think they know, just ain’t so!”

In his opinion the US motive is to destroy Syria as an independent secular Arab state and make it compliant to US interests and policies, like Iraq and Libya have become since the US invasions and bombings of these two countries.

Just like Libya before the NATO bombing, Syria has universal free healthcare and free education from childcare through to university.

Jamison pointed out that the US government supports Jabhat al-Nusra and other groups (whose names change often) who they claim to be ‘moderate rebels’ but who in truth are not moderate in any way and are affiliated either with Al-Qaeda or ISIS.

He mentioned the foreign backed mercenaries (ISIS) are fuelled by the Wahhabi doctrine which he described as

“a sick medieval and backward ideology driven by the Muslim Brotherhood with its genesis in Saudi Arabia.”

He affirmed his opinion by describing how so called ‘moderate’ Jabhat Al-Nusra mercenaries beheaded a 12 yr old boy during the time the delegation was in Syria. There is nothing ‘moderate’ about beheading a 12 year old boy.

The other major story they shared was the generally unreported sanctions that the US has imposed upon the Syrian people.

The US government claims the sanctions target the Syrian government. However they are actually aimed at wearing down the resolve of the Syrian people.

The US has imposed sanctions similar to the ones Iraq experienced before the invasion, which even the US admits killed half a million children.

Syrians cannot get baby formula, common medication, medication for chemotherapy, child immunisation etc.

These sanctions are so insidious that they affect medical clinics throughout Syria because they are unable to get parts for machines used in medical practice. Think: X-ray, CAT, MRI machines right down to dentists drills.

President Assad has claimed from the beginning that there was no uprising and that the country was being invaded by foreign backed mercenaries. Gaddafi said exactly the same thing when NATO started bombing Libya.

Coincidence? I think not.

The same scenario was acted out in Yugoslavia, Iraq, Libya, and now Syria: invaded and bombed into submission without any politician, general or complicit media representative tried or held to account. There is not even an acceptance of error or a conciliatory voice of remorse.

“The campaign to confuse the American people has been intense.”
Re: Boston Globe - The Media Are Misleading The Public On Syria by NairaMinted: 7:29pm On Sep 04, 2016
Lol!

The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Posperity:

CIA TROOPS FIRING ON PENTAGON TROOPS IN SYRIA

What a mess! In the crazy Syrian war, US-backed and armed groups are fighting other US-backed rebel groups. How can this be?

It is so because the Obama White House had stirred up the war in Syria but then lost control of the process. When the US has a strong president, he can usually keep the military and intelligence agencies on a tight leash.

But the Obama administration has had a weak secretary of defense and a bunch of lady strategists who are the worst military commanders since Louis XV, who put his mistress, Madame de Pompadour, in charge of French military forces during the Seven Year’s War. The French were routed by the Prussians. France’s foe, Frederick the Great of Prussia, named one of his dogs, "la Pompadour."

As a result, the two arms of offensive US strategic power, the Pentagon, and CIA, went separate ways in Syria. Growing competition between the US military and militarized CIA broke into the open in Syria.

Fed up with the astounding incompetence of the White House, the US military launched and supported its own rebel groups in Syria, while CIA did the same.

Fighting soon after erupted in Syria and Iraq between the US-backed groups. US Special Forces joined the fighting in Syria, Iraq and most lately, Libya.

The well-publicized atrocities, like mass murders and decapitations, greatly embarrassed Washington, making it harder to portray their jihadi wildmen as liberators. The only thing exceptional about US policy in Syria was its astounding incompetence.

Few can keep track of the 1,000 groups of jihadis that keep changing their names and shifting alliances. Throw in Turkomans, Yazidis, Armenians, Nestorians, Druze, Circassians, Alawis, Assyrians and Palestinians. Oh yes, and the Alevis.

Meanwhile, ISIS was inflicting mayhem in Syria and Iraq. But who really is ISIS? A few thousand twenty-something hooligans with little knowledge of Islam but a burning desire to dynamite the existing order and a sharp media sense. The leadership of these turbaned anarchists appears to have formed in US prison camps in Afghanistan.

The US, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey armed and financed ISIS as a weapon to unleash on Syria, which was an ally of Iran that refused to take orders from the Western powers. The west bears a heavy responsibility for the deaths of 450,000 Syrians, at least half the nation of 23 million becoming refugees, and destruction of this once lovely country.

At some point, ISIS shook off its western tutors and literally ran amok. But the US has not yet made a concerted attempt to crush ISIS because of its continuing usefulness in Syria and in the US, where ISIS has become the favorite whipping boy of politicians.

Next, come the Kurds, an ancient Indo-European stateless people spread across Turkey, Iraq, Iran and Syria. They have been denied a national state by the western powers since WWI. Kurdish rebels in Iraq have been armed and financed by Israel since the 1970’s.

When America’s Arab jihadists proved militarily feeble, the US turned to the Kurds, who are renowned fighters, arming and financing the Kurdish Syrian YPG which is part of the well-known PKK rebel group that fights Turkey.

I covered the Turkish-Kurdish conflict in eastern Anatolia in the 1980’s in which some 40,000 died.

Turkey is now again battling a rising wave of Kurdish attacks that caused the Turks to probe into northern Syria to prevent a link-up of advancing Kurdish rebel forces.

So, Turkey, a key American ally, is now battling CIA-backed Kurdish groups in Syria. Eighty percent of Turks believe the recent failed coup in Turkey was mounted by the US – not the White House, but by the Pentagon which has always been joined at the hip to Turkey’s military.

This major Turkish-Kurdish crisis was perfectly predictable, but the obtuse junior warriors of the Obama administration failed to grasp this point.

Now the Russians have entered the fray in an effort to prevent their ally, Bashar Assad, from being overthrow by western powers. Also perfectly predictable. Russia claimed to be bombing ISIS but in fact, is targeting US-backed groups. Washington is outraged that the wicked Russians are doing in the Mideast what the US has done for decades.

The US and Russia now both claim to have killed a senior ISIS commander in an air strike. Their warplanes are dodging one another, creating a perfect scenario for a head-on clash at a time when neocons in the US are agitating for war with Russia.

Does anyone think poor, demolished Syria is worth the price? Hatred for the US is now seething in Turkey and across the Mideast. Hundreds of millions of US tax dollars have been wasted in this cruel, pointless war.

Time for the US to stop stirring this witch’s brew.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

French Automaker, Renault Suspends Industrial Activities In Russia / Trump’s COVID-19 Hoax Was Predicted By John Cammo Since Sept 18 / Paris Louvre Shooting 'terror' Attack: Terrorist Called On His God...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.