Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,682 members, 7,851,343 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:29 PM

Buhari Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen (757 Views)

Omojuwa Called Jonathan A Disaster, And Got This Reply / Jonathan Presidency Was A Disaster Foretold (1) / Subjecting INEC To TSA Will Be A Disaster – Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen by swit4real: 2:02am On Feb 22, 2016
I have stopped talking because only a compound fool will not notice that Buhari is a disaster waiting to happen
You staked your integrity and promised to match the dollar to a naira, but close to 9 months into your leadership, the naira hits all time low and you are still blaming a man that handed over to you without going to court to distract you as you would have done.

Buhari and the VP are not economist and every day they talk about reviving the economy. This is almost 9 months with no economic development policies or plans, no economic adviser, no economic team. That was why the budget was messed up because the kindergarten Financial Minister and her team thought budgets are about adding figures. So you add and pass it round, whoever it comes to his or her table adds their own.

All round the world, once president's are pronounced 'elected' the first appointment they make is economic adviser and set up an economic team.

Some even set up economic team while campaigns are on and use it to solicit for votes.

Isn't it a pity that our society is so much filled with fake and pretentious intellectuals that follow politicians sheepishly and without pronouncing one basic strategic economic development statistics, we chorus their 'Change' mantra and tag along like sheep being Shepherded by dummies.

Bill Clinton as a Democratic candidate set up his economic team and at the time of drastic drop in employment in US, he ran with a tag, 'Job's Stupid?'

When he was elected president his first appointment was economic adviser, same with Obama.

Down here, once Obasanjo was pronounced elected, his first appointment was economic adviser and setting up an economic team, same with Yaradua and Jonathan.

Attaching funds to projects without a crack economic development policies backed by growth statistics designed by a crack economic team, supervised by a meticulous economist, is just what it is: blindly throwing money to projects hoping it will work.

The reason why people are elected into offices and the sitting ones rejected is because the people expect new ideas, hope for the best and the elected to show the way forward. Not to come and be giving excuses.

That the budget was prepared within 1 month because President Buhari who lacks sound and basic knowledge of budget planning requested for that. And that no one among his kitchen cabinet had the courage to explain the impossibility of his demand is a clear sign of danger.

A nation is at the hold of dictatorship if the leader is feared so much by those around him that they cannot advice him rightly, even in the clear face of danger.

The budget mess just revealed something far more dangerous than the criminal record in world budget padding it exposed. It showed that Buhari surrounded himself with rubber stamp officials. Cabinet members that chorus every thing the president said will lack the capacity and courage to come up with innovative ideas.

Most sincere people that supported Buhari out of their sincere desire to see a better Nigeria are gradually getting tired of these excuses and blame game. They may not have the courage to step out and pronounce it because of being mocked by their social media friends that turned to enemies. But, deep down, they are hurting, burning and regretting.

Buhari clearly has shown that he lacks the sound and basic knowledge of what it takes to revive the nation today. He should admit this basic fact that has shown face clearly and appoint an economic adviser and set up an economic team to help him handle economic matters.

His greatest liability is his lack of trust on other Nigerians because he sees this as contracting the engine room of the government out and he's afraid what might happen behind him that might tarnish his name. But, this is the devil he must kiss if he's to salvage anything from the our economy that is rolling down the hill.

I love social media, when I see all these clear signs and see people who claim to be intellectuals coming to give positive thoughts about this regime I just shake my head. You cannot build something on nothing. The members of the present Federal Executive Council as it is constituted does not have what it takes to revive our economy now and this is beyond politics.

The economy is blind to political lining and it does not respect religion or ethnicity. For the interest of the nation, Buhari should look beyond his immediate political family and search for competent minds who are not ready to play politics, people who will look him direct in the face and tell him the truth, people who are ready to walk if he rejects their advise. Such honourable and highly recommended economic minds is what he needs urgently to secure his legacy that is fast eroding.

People like Lia mohammad who lie about everything are doing him more harm than people like me who are criticizing him everyday.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen by a2personal2013: 2:29am On Feb 22, 2016
Well said. The government must look beyond party line to immediately set up an economic team. Unnecessary "high service" will take us nowhere. I just hope the president will listen to the voice of the people and act fast.
As youths and compulsory stake holders we must use every legitimate means to pressurize the government to do what is right.

Elections are long over. We must see beyond party lines here. Nothing can change the results. The winners have won and the losers have moved on. The present administration should focus on their campaign promises to the masses and stop the blame game.

I strongly believe in the Nigerian project and positive we will get there sooner.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen by swit4real: 3:22am On Feb 22, 2016
[quote author=oyinkinola post=43138515][s][/s]

1. ....there....(take note all the money took out of CBN during jonathan regime were changed in parallel market before ditributed)
you have other opinion?

recall Dasuki is being prosecuted for misappropriating $2.1b, not ₦... The currency couldn't have being naira since it was meant for arms purchase outside Nigeria.

2. ...2017 budget will beat record... ₦1 quadrillion!,....year 2017 bye bye to poverty!

₦1 quadrillion = ₦1 Trillion * 1000
2016 budget and all the padding is just 0.6% this your ₦1 quadrillion 2017 budget, yet we can not afford to fund it. About ₦2.7T making 43% of the budget will be borrow. Kindly explain to us in clear terms how you would fund your ₦1 quadrillion 2017 budget or are you talking just like lei muh'd

3. ....Nigeria is bless with oil and (LFR) looted fund reserve...

Oil is presently selling @ $38 and this is not the first time we heard of recovery of looted fund. All the recovered loot from Abacha's family were are they?. Lamode (EFCC) recovered ₦1Trillion and diverted it to his pocket, what is the assurance that all these recoveries on paper will not end up... This is the time to work the talk, not lying and blaming GEJ

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen by Sibrah: 4:17am On Feb 22, 2016
Once i saw that the first paragraph contained falsehood i simply stopped reading further. Buhari is not your problem OP.
Dollar is like that because lazy folks like you refuse to work and earn enough dollar into the economy. If you become prnductive OP and state exporting let's say, honey, yam or cocoa (yam) to earn dollar it will make it available for those who like to import toothpick, rubber band, and slippers from china have enough dollar to buy and force its price down thereby making the Naira to appreciate.
Re: Buhari Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen by NavierStokes(m): 6:54am On Feb 22, 2016
I have stopped talking because only a compound fool will not notice that Buhari is a disaster waiting to happen
OP I disagree, the man is already a happening disaster!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen by progressprince: 7:48am On Feb 22, 2016
Only God we save nigeria from this mess

(1) (Reply)

NGO Launches 500million Naira Youth Entrepreneurship Seed Fund / Rivers Re-run Crisis: Perpetrators Will Not Go Unpunished – FG / BREAKING: Abductors Kill Nigerian Army colonel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.