Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics (16045 Views)

Anambra At 25: Obiano To Commission Flyover Bridges At Anniversary (photos) / Obiano To Ngige: You're Confused / See Governor Obiano's "Stylish" Handshake That Has Got People Talking. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by adiguns3(m): 2:53am On Feb 22, 2016
The Anambra State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano, has carpeted his critics who accused him of mismanaging the state’s resources, saying, “I’m not a hungry governor.”

The governor, who stated this in a media chat at the Governor’s Lodge, Amawbia, said he was an accomplished person by dint of a good career he had in the banking industry.

He said, “Look, let me tell you, I’m a wealthy person before I came here as a governor. I didn’t come here to steal, because there is nothing here for me to steal.
“I was enjoying my wealth in the United States of America with my family before I was approached to come and do this job as a governor.

“I had already made good money before venturing into politics. I was relishing in the comfort of my house, with swimming pool, basketball court and other good things in the United States before providence brought me here.

“I’m an accomplished person by every measurement. Providence brought me here as governor to serve the people.

“In terms of enjoyment, there is none here to enjoy as a governor, with all this protocol restricting my comfort.”

Obiano had been under criticism over alleged profligacy in the handling of state’s resources, including mismanaging N75bn allegedly left in the state’s coffers by his predecessor, Mr. Peter Obi.
But Obiano, in the media chat, said because of his banking background, he had maintained financial prudence and transparency in the management of the state resources.

He said in just two years in office, he was being rated with those who spent eight years in office as governor.

He boasted of his administration’s achievement in security, describing it as outstanding. According to him, Anambra State has now become an investment destination.

The governor said he had built the longest bridge in the state to link Anambra with other states, noting that the bridge would shorten journeys to Nsukka, Abuja and so on.

He added that the three flyovers in Awka under construction would be ready by April.

http://www.punchng.com/obiano-to-critics-im-not-a-hungry-governor/.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by Blackfire(m): 2:58am On Feb 22, 2016
As long as your people are seeing the good works.... The end shall justify u .

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by Nobody: 3:00am On Feb 22, 2016
I luv dis guy.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by adconline(m): 3:06am On Feb 22, 2016
What a crass response. How much was he making when he was a director at Fidelity Bank? Why didn't he publicly declare his assets??

17 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by Aufbauh(m): 3:08am On Feb 22, 2016

He said, “Look, let me tell you, I’m a wealthy
person before I came here as a governor. I
didn’t come here to steal, because there is
nothing here for me to steal.
“I was enjoying my wealth in the United States
of America with my family before I was
approached to come and do this job as a
governor.
“I had already made good money before
venturing into politics. I was relishing in the
comfort of my house, with swimming pool,
basketball court and other good things in the
United States before providence brought me
here.
“I’m an accomplished person by every
measurement.

http://www.punchng.com/obiano-to-critics-im-not-a-hungry-governor/

Does he need to state all these to prove his status?
We all know that there is no Nigeria governor that is a poor man before assumption but that does not stop their senseless looting.
All these talk now wash... The more you look the less you see.

The man looks humble but with words like this, you'll begin to think that there is so much in the mind that the eyes can not decipher.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by LoveDecay(m): 4:24am On Feb 22, 2016
Stupid excuse. I was rich before I became governor.

Ha ha. Obaino don't you wanna get richer.

Isn't that why you're here?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by kurupt1: 4:56am On Feb 22, 2016
Chime sullivan remains the best governor ever from the east...........he never made noise just went about his job quietly.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by nnachukz(m): 5:40am On Feb 22, 2016
Don't reply them my able governor. the bad belles must criticise.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by ObiOkpor(m): 5:48am On Feb 22, 2016
Willie is working. Oga,bone critics joor..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by Nobody: 5:50am On Feb 22, 2016
What will aregbesola now say. My opinion.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by jay2pee(m): 5:51am On Feb 22, 2016
I love Willie with passion

13 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by Teddeebear: 5:52am On Feb 22, 2016
Aufbauh:

Does he need to state all these to prove his status?
We all know that there is no Nigeria governor that is a poor man before assumption but that does not stop their senseless looting.

The man looks humble but with words like this, you'll begin to think that there is so much in the mind that the eyes can not decipher.
e pain you, no be una write about him, have you ever heard him talk to press before like this.

you people should learn to mind your business, am sorry

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by Teddeebear: 5:54am On Feb 22, 2016
LoveDecay:
Stupid excuse. I was rich before I became governor.

Ha ha. Obaino don't you wanna get richer.

Isn't that why you're here?
not everyone is selfish and discontented like you and tinubu

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:56am On Feb 22, 2016
Willie is Working,Proudly Anambra!

11 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by Rucheen(m): 6:03am On Feb 22, 2016
Obiano please ignore these ignoramus.es

16 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by Sealeddeal(m): 6:17am On Feb 22, 2016
In terms of security provision,Obiano has no equal.

21 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by Atlantian: 6:35am On Feb 22, 2016
adconline:
What a crass response. How much was he making when he was a director at Fidelity Bank? Why didn't he public declare his assets??
AS Director of any bank, your take home shouldnt be anything less than a million a month including all entitlements. And let me advise you, its best to keep quiet sometimes. Do you know what it takes to get to position of Director in a Bank ? I dont know Obiano, and I dont fucking want to know him, but give respect to credentials except you are one of those people who have never written and presented any projects in the Uni.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by lincolnj88: 6:40am On Feb 22, 2016
grin zombies are u hearing....
he is enjoying himself at USA in his mansions and happy family...
not some fridge repairer who latrr turn to governor( aregbesola)..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by Aufbauh(m): 6:46am On Feb 22, 2016
Teddeebear:
e pain you, no be una write about him, have you ever heard him talk to press before like this.

you people should learn to mind your business, am sorry

Oops! You mean they don’t write against or criticise any other governor before?
Well his arrogant and boastful words is not against me but against his own people, i have right to let him know that he is not the only rich person who came into power as governor.
Am sorry too cos i never knew it is pathological and you guys are used to it.

1 Like

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by Teddeebear: 7:01am On Feb 22, 2016
Aufbauh:

Oops! You mean they don’t write against or criticise any other governor before?
Well his arrogant and boastful words is not against me but against his own people, i have right to let him know that he is not the only rich person who came into power as governor.
Am sorry too cos i never knew it is pathological and you guys are used to it.
you are on your own on this, he is stating the obvious and truth.

when Your minister of petroleum said he left a $1 000 000 job to be minister, was that boastful …

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by BaddieKay(f): 7:19am On Feb 22, 2016
cool your good works speak for you

4 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by Sunnycliff(m): 7:22am On Feb 22, 2016
adconline:
What a crass response. How much was he making when he was a director at Fidelity Bank? Why didn't he public declare his assets??

Because he did not declare his assets publicly that made you think he came to government to impoverish the state??

7 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by weezii(m): 8:45am On Feb 22, 2016
gbam.
haters come and cross our flyover and farms...lol.
no offense meant sha.

he's working and we are seeing it. not only what you see in the news though.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by viviangist: 9:29am On Feb 22, 2016
That's the man am talking about. Willie is working without making noise.

From Vivian Gist (Ada Media Anambra State)

6 Likes

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by luckystone02: 9:30am On Feb 22, 2016
Which governor is hungry
Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 22, 2016
Correct man
Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by Sainttops(m): 9:31am On Feb 22, 2016
Ehhhh better confess.
You are a an a hungry governor.

E wa na! Am I on a front page??

if so my momo most to hear this.
Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by Dottore: 9:31am On Feb 22, 2016
He's indeed a hardworking governor but that response to me is a disappointing cheap rant from someone I respect so mucj

1 Like

Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by Royalfurnitures: 9:33am On Feb 22, 2016
H
Re: I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics by IkpuMmadu: 9:34am On Feb 22, 2016
My governor has spoken...and we concur and second

Obiano was a technocrat( economist and banker) unlike aregbe that was a Technician ( fridge repairer )

Qoute me and die

Proudly anambra

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki Submits Nomination Forms / Arrest & Prosecute Arewa Youths Inciting Violence Against Igbos – HURIWA / Fire Outbreak At INEC Office In Imo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.