Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents (1672 Views)

Mbaka Says Hunger, Poverty Unbearable For Nigerians / Flood Is Making Live Unbearable For Residents Of Nkpor In Anambra State (PHOTOS) / See Wat Angry Tenants Did 2 Landlord In Lagos 4 Making Life Difficult 4 Them(pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents by rosalieene(f): 2:46pm On Feb 22, 2016
Lagos Government officials going about locking
peoples' gates and houses, God is watching you
people. keeping on trying to extort money from
people all in the name of Lagos state waste
management scheme. Lagos state government,
Our envoirment is ok by us and we didn't beg
you people for anything. We know how to
manage and take care of our waste. especially
now that the economy is hard!! haba!! Keep on
extorting money from the poor masses. The rich
keeps getting richer the poor keeps getting
poorer and they would say Lagos state
government is working. Some people have not
seen food to eat yet you want them to pay an
outrageous bill.
I don't know if this is hapenning in other places but they virtually locked up most houses in victory estate,Iba,Ojo LGA. this happened between last Friday and today
Re: Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents by nickxtra(m): 2:48pm On Feb 22, 2016
rosalieene:
outrageous bill.
I don't know if this is hapenning in other places but they virtually locked up most houses in victory estate,Iba,Ojo LGA. this happened between last Friday and today
In as much as I don't support an arbitrary locking of residents' gates, all residents must join hands with the government to make Lagos a clean city.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 22, 2016
If rules and regulations are followed, your mind should be at rest.
Re: Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents by naijagobetter(m): 2:59pm On Feb 22, 2016
its for their betterment
Re: Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents by simplycarro: 2:59pm On Feb 22, 2016
It is only if you default, don't complain if you are a defaulter.
Re: Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents by rosalieene(f): 3:00pm On Feb 22, 2016
nickxtra:
In as much as I don't support an arbitrary locking of residents' gates, all residents must join hands with the government to make Lagos a clean city.
lol..... who stands to gain? of course d Lagos state government!! ok we should help them make Lagos clean by extorting money?lol. Who is deceiving who? We the residents know how we dispose our dirts. our environment ain't dirty.Most people here are literates and of course they know the implication of a dirty environment Just a means of enriching their purses.
Re: Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents by rosalieene(f): 3:02pm On Feb 22, 2016
modelmike7:
If rules and regulations are followed, your mind should be at rest.
there is nothing like rules n regulations here!! Its broad day light armed robbery. No body defaulted here
They just made it compulsory to pay a certain fee every month for waste.
Re: Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents by nickxtra(m): 3:03pm On Feb 22, 2016
rosalieene:

lol..... who stands to gain? of course d Lagos state government!! ok we should help them make Lagos clean by extorting money?lol. Who is deceiving who? We the residents know how we dispose our dirts. our environment ain't dirty.Most people here are literates and of course they know the implication of a dirty environment Just a means of enriching their purses.
But refuse and waste litter every where in Lagos which normally portray it to the house world as a dirty city
Re: Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents by Psylas(m): 3:05pm On Feb 22, 2016
rosalieene:
outrageous bill.
Tinubu and Fashola never still bele-full?

they should leave the present government alone!

Re: Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents by oduastates: 4:01pm On Feb 22, 2016
rosalieene:
manage and take care of our waste.
especially
outrageous bill.

I think you belong in a village.

My guess :

1 you have an incinerator somewhere to get rid of the waste.

2 you have people employed in your house hold to get rid of diseases caused by improper waste disposals

3 You have doctors on call to take care of Lassa fever and cholera

Right there is that sense of entitlement,
lack of knowledge of their civic responsibilities
Refusal to pay taxes.

Guess what whether Nigersins like it or not , whether they pay or not , those taxes will be collected one way or the other .
A substantial chunk has already been collected ( look below)

Nigerian life expectancy: 52 years .

Let me put it in easy language . A Nigerian can expect to live no more than 52 years . Anything extra is a bonus .
Look around , guess the age of the people around you , subtract that age from 52 . Thospwople are likely to live no longer than the result .
If the person is 30 years old , he most likely has 22yrs left .
He is middle aged already and has lived the best part of his life .

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents by rosalieene(f): 4:05pm On Feb 22, 2016
oduastates:

I think You belong in a village
something is wrong with you mtcheeeewww
Re: Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents by Jokerman(m): 4:27pm On Feb 22, 2016
Lagos state govt are thieves now... dars wat dey do..giing house to house collecting illegal monies... Country of thieves ds Nigeria....
Re: Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents by 7lives: 4:45pm On Feb 22, 2016
oduastates:

I think you belong in a village.

My guess :

1 you have an incinerator somewhere to get rid of the waste.

2 you have people employed in your house hold to get rid of diseases caused by improper waste disposals

3 You have doctors on call to take care of Lassa fever and cholera

Right there is that sense of entitlement,
lack of knowledge of their civic responsibilities
Refusal to pay taxes.

Guess what whether Nigersins like it or not , whether they pay or not , those taxes will be collected one way or the other .

Nigerian life expectancy: 52 years .

Let me put it in easy language . A Nigerian can expect to live no more than 52 years . Anything extra is a bonus .

You beat me to this, a lot of people have no business living in Lagos,the raining season will soon start i will begin to take pix as people dump their refuse into drainage systems that government spent millions of naira to build and maintain.
@Op if Lagos becomes to hot why not relocate to your village grin grin grin grin no be by force to live in Lagos na.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents by SIRTee15: 5:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
rosalieene:
outrageous bill.

All this stuff na story.
Go and pay ur bill, shikena......then leave thrash for lawma.
Ur likes will travel overseas and will start shouting........'why is Nigeria not like this'
Na by mouth.....pay waste bill now, u are wailing.
Bunch of lazy people with entitlement mentality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents by amunkita(m): 7:16pm On Feb 22, 2016
rosalieene:

Oga dele, just tell us how u guyz dispose ur dirt...
Re: Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents by babyfaceafrica: 7:18pm On Feb 22, 2016
Oga go pay wetin you owe jhoor
Re: Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents by Ladipodeal: 7:21pm On Feb 22, 2016
nickxtra:
You make payment in the past and still rely on mallam to dispose your refuse

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents by jahsharon: 7:32pm On Feb 22, 2016
rosalieene:
outrageous bill.

If you are allergic to clean environment, kindly pack your load and go back to Biafra land before Lagos State Government packs you and fellow ingrates into LAWMA trucks and dump you all at Bridge Head, Onitsha at 2:00am as was done few years back.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Officer Emerge Best Trained International Officer In Nepal / PHOTOS: See How School Children Welcomed Governor Aregbesola Yesterday / Single Soul Of A Christian Or A Church Burnt Will Set Nigeria On Fire- NDRC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.