Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen (19213 Views)

Governor Wike Suspends Four Commissioners / Wike Suspends Fred Kpakol And Dagogo / Breaking News......governor Wike Sacks All 23 LGA Chairmen In RIVERS STATE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by Bright2(m): 9:39pm On Feb 22, 2016
Those that pity or want to pity Rivers people should pls take that pity for them selves,we don't need your pity! I am typing from Rivers state & Wike is the best thing to happen in that state.

when we are talking of men next time pls don't mention somebody below woman's standard.

Wike is a man!
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by toltee4real: 9:45pm On Feb 22, 2016
AIT captured this in the 8.oopm news, Gov Wike called out the affected LG bosses and told them on live tv that "you are hereby suspended for failing to fully mobilize your people very well to attend this meeting........he then told them to go"
quote me any where.

1 Like

Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by justice1000: 9:57pm On Feb 22, 2016
good move for my governor,dat means all d CTC chairman knw wat I happening in orashi region.
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by ikombe: 10:00pm On Feb 22, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Draconian Wike!!! You needed to find out why before suspension!!!
And did the above news say dey where suspended before dey could explain dere reasons undecided

1 Like

Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by megastarjec(m): 10:09pm On Feb 22, 2016
AlPeter:
Isn't this dictatorial and detrimental to democracy? Are the chairmans not elected government officials?

and the chairmen will refuse to show up in a meeting that will end the killings and violence in their communities. which is worst to democracy, their suspension or their not being concerned with the issue in their domain, their dismissal or their not showing Interest on the issues that concern the same people that elected them, which is worst?
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by pastormellanby: 10:33pm On Feb 22, 2016
That is politics for you they will use jobless youths to rig elections and discard them later on.
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by Abagworo(m): 10:37pm On Feb 22, 2016
The seed Wike helped sow for Jonathan has germinated. I as a stakeholder in Orashi region pray he succeeds in killing the trees now that they are yet to mature fully. Let all Orashi sons and daughters support every effort by the Governor to put a stop to this cankerworm after which he can be judged by the gods of the land.

1 Like

Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by israelchinedu: 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2016
those bad boys are wike boys i think he should know them better
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by mercenary: 10:51pm On Feb 22, 2016
wastedsperm:
How rivers state end up with this useless man is still a mystery. Dakuku would have brought the necessary development to Rivers. I pity rivers people
God forbid... Daku wetin?... Ur moniker describes wat u really are
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by Forwetinnah: 11:09pm On Feb 22, 2016
wastedsperm:
How rivers state end up with this useless man is still a mystery. Dakuku would have brought the necessary development to Rivers. I pity rivers people

You moniker befits you!!
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by Irishrena1(f): 11:10pm On Feb 22, 2016
AlPeter:
Isn't this dictatorial and detrimental to democracy? Are the chairmans not elected government officials?
Chairmen rather
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by lomprico(m): 11:14pm On Feb 22, 2016
wastedsperm:

wike is from fayose's school of thought. work less, talk more. Media dramas and controversies till tenure expires. He is also a puppet to PEJ which means a percentage of rivers money will be diverted to Her for making him win rivers with brutal force even before supreme court judgement
You are only being partisan. Do you knw dakuku handle d zero pothole campaign during amechi's tenure? And what was d outcome of it?
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by ibietela2(m): 11:31pm On Feb 22, 2016
wastedsperm:

Pity your wasted sperm and not Rivers people
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by huntila(m): 11:52pm On Feb 22, 2016
The heading is misleading. They were not duly elected according to the story. They are caretakers. You can not suspend a duly elected chairman except for emergency rule like wise the president can not suspend a duly elected Governor
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by Rossburg(m): 11:55pm On Feb 22, 2016
wastedsperm:

Wailer spotted
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by Nobody: 12:16am On Feb 23, 2016
wastedsperm:
ur really a #wastedsperm, pity urself.
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by arcnomec(m): 12:19am On Feb 23, 2016
masterblogger:
Very good and honest move. Ormoku has been a no go area, full of violence, Kidnapping, cultists, theft, robbery etc. Shops are been closed by 6pm daily cuz of fear, they even kidnap market women, street hawkers, etc.

Keep it up WIKE. This has nothing to do with witch hunting

Madam,you are blowing this matter out of proportion,why if I may ask? I'm a native of Omoku,and I can categorically say to you that nothing like kidnap of market women and street hawkers......
pls don't try and misinform people .
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by OpinionCounts(m): 12:31am On Feb 23, 2016
Sunnycliff:

Sunny, A Chairman as we know in Nigeria have so many p.a's, even if the chairman was in coma, one of his aids should have communicated to the governor about the chairman's condition knowing that he has an appointment that day with the governor, because i believe the meeting will be officially registered in the chairman's activity schedule for the day so they were all aware of it. I think the chairmen acted irresponsibly. #myopinion.
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by bdidi: 1:21am On Feb 23, 2016
Sunnycliff:

I beg to disagree with you. Why should their be any WHY..... For pete sakes those chairmen are the no 1 chief security officers of those LGAs. Therefore there should not be any excuse for not attending the town hall meeting. Moreso, the chief security officer of the state was on ground- WIKE!

Those guys don't have any justification not to be there. They messed up period
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by mindurword(m): 2:56am On Feb 23, 2016
[Goat without no brain olodo quote author=wastedsperm post=43159909] How rivers state end up with this useless man is still a mystery. Dakuku would have brought the necessary development to Rivers. I pity rivers people[/quote]
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by wilcox(m): 4:06am On Feb 23, 2016
AlPeter:
No sir there are appointed caretaker chairman but even if there are elected, the Constitution allows such actions where the governor deems it necessary
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by blackpanda: 5:41am On Feb 23, 2016
anonimi:
He should NOT do this without due process of the constitution.

They are caretaker not chairmen. This is why wike will never allow local govt conduct election. This will be illegal if it was the LGA chairman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by anonimi: 6:04am On Feb 23, 2016
blackpanda:
They are caretaker not chairmen. This is why wike will never allow local govt conduct election. This will be illegal if it was the LGA chairman

Thanks for the explanation.
It is up to the opposition, APC and the Rivers state people to put pressure on him to conduct the LGA elections asap. Not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by blackpanda: 6:09am On Feb 23, 2016
anonimi:

Thanks for the explanation.
It is up to the opposition, APC and the Rivers state people to put pressure on him to conduct the LGA elections asap. Not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

Well yea apc can mount pressure, but its up to the people to ensure wike complie with the constitution. Cos anything apc says, they will criticise as opposition talk. Let Rivers state bear their choice as governor till next election cycle.

1 Like

Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by PreciousJob: 6:54am On Feb 23, 2016
AlPeter:

Idiot!!! do u think wike is amaechi that does not respect the law? or do u think he does not know the law? those chairmen's are caretaker chairmen's. and not elected chairmen's. So u better be wise and stop talking rubbish.
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by davidigomanel: 7:36am On Feb 23, 2016
Thanks to wike. Especially my own LGA Abua Odual they are kill even their fellow Broda I wonder what they have gain from govt. Shai the boys belong to them. Sorry for Innocent soul.
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by tatucci: 7:37am On Feb 23, 2016
But Amaechi did something similar and everyone called him "wicked" and "inhumane"...
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by AlPeter: 7:50am On Feb 23, 2016
YelloweWest:
No the are not. They are caretaker chairmen appointed by wike.
ok then
Re: Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen by AlPeter: 7:52am On Feb 23, 2016
PreciousJob:

Idiot!!! do u think wike is amaechi that does not respect the law? or do u think he does not know the law? those chairmen's are caretaker chairmen's. and not elected chairmen's. So u better be wise and stop talking rubbish.
wisewoman thank you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

—david Mark's Daughter Reveals Why She Dumped PDP / Abdullah Yusuf Diverted Benue Palliatives To Kano - Benue State Government / Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Approval For $800m Loan Requested By Buhari-led Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.