Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Donald Trump And The US Presidency - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump And The US Presidency (1419 Views)

Donald Trump And Vladimir Putin Meet In Finland (Photos) / History Is Made As Donald Trump And Kim Jong Un Meet For Their Summit / US PRESIDENCY DEBATEā€¦I NOW HATE TRUMP AFTER I HAD LOVED HIM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Trump And The US Presidency by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 22, 2016
On the 2016 US elections:
Donald Trump is gaining momentum and it's quite glaring that he's gonna take the Republican flag. Even with his multiple controversies, he just keep winning. I'm really impressed at his dexterity in face of many odds. However i'm disappointed that Americans will choose to tow the lane of 1933 pre-world war 2 Germany when Adolf Hitler was voted in via popular votes even with his warning antecedents of fascism (better known as Nazism) and obvious intolerance of others. This is clearly the case definition of Trump candidacy now. Gross disrespect and disdain for Muslims, Hispanics and Blacks yet he is still leading the pack. This proves that the white Americans are still confirmed racists. They want a superior race as desired by Hitler for Germany back then. I shudder at the possible eventuality of a Donald Trump's presidency. Is there any difference between Trump and the North Korean dictator? I earnestly pray that Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio takes the lead from Trump in the coming primaries. And hope Donald Trump in the White House is not already a fait accompli. Because I know if he wins the Republican nomination, I doubt Democrats Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders will stand a chance against him. Personally I support Hillary Clinton to be the next US president. She's my best candidate presently.

Concerning Dr Ben Carson candidacy: I knew he would not get the nomination. Personally I don't think he is the person America needs now. I was even miffed at his arrogant insinuation that Muslims are unsuitable to rule America. But gays and fraudsters can have a shot abi. Maybe he thought becoming unnecessarily controversial will help his drive for presidency. So even a fit-to-rule Evangelical could not win a single state till now or secure strong 2nd or 3rd place finishes. I expect him to suspend his running for the presidency in the coming weeks. Let's drop sentiments pls. God bless America!!!!

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by princemillla(m): 7:21pm On Feb 22, 2016
Lol..... Nija wit America wahala on their head sha.

Ted Cruz my person. But Hilary Clinton looks more promising

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by johnmartus(m): 8:01pm On Feb 22, 2016
Trump is going nowhere

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:07pm On Feb 22, 2016
@OP
Take this to www.Dollarland.com

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by CSTR2: 8:14pm On Feb 22, 2016
Trump will clinch the GOP nomination. He is far ahead of his competitors in the republican party whether Nigerians like it or not.
Though he will get spanked by hilary clinton in the general elections as every single american liberal including the latino populations would be voting against him.

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by maestroferddi: 8:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
Donald Trump is an achiever and therefore will make a good president.

He says it the way it is as typical of a maverick.

Americans are not driven by cheap sentiments. They are angling for a president that will restore American position as the sole superpower and that man is "The Donald".

It is basically outsiders like Nigerians and other minorities that are making all the noises: Americans have known Trump for such a long time and care less about what his traducers are making people believe.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by ndcide(m): 8:24pm On Feb 22, 2016
Trump no ni
Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by maestroferddi: 8:32pm On Feb 22, 2016
CSTR2:
Trump will clinch the GOP nomination. He is far ahead of his competitors in the republican party whether Nigerians like it or not.
Though he will get spanked by hilary clinton in the general elections as every single american liberal including the latino populations would be voting against him.
Don't get deluded. Hilary will not be president as it is too soon for a female American president.

All Trump needs is to clinch the GOP ticket. The dynamics will change should he be squaring up against Hilary, a totally uncharted territory.

Americans appear enchanted by Trump's candidature:forget the noise some people are making.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by nigerianvenom(m): 8:33pm On Feb 22, 2016
However i'm disappointed that Americans will choose to tow the lane of 1933 pre-world war 2 Germany when Adolf Hitler was voted in via popular votes even with his warning antecedents of fascism (better known as Nazism) and obvious intolerance of others.

really?was hitler really voted in?by who and when did that happened?please read more.

This is clearly the case definition of Trump candidacy now. Gross disrespect and disdain for Muslims, Hispanics and Blacks yet he is still leading the pack.

Americans are only trying to safe guard their territories and people so as to avoid what happened in Britain coming to them.
meanwhile how are they disrespectful to Muslims?are Muslims countries accomodating to other faiths? life is tread by batter and not the other way round.
can u mention one Muslim country that tolerate other religion? even saudi arabia is hostile to other faiths and cant pride itself of having a single church due to persecution

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by CSTR2: 8:33pm On Feb 22, 2016
maestroferddi:
Donald Trump is an achiever and therefore will make a good president.

He says it the way it is as typical maverick.

Americans are not driven by cheap sentiments. They are angling for a president that will restore American position as the sole superpower and that man is "The Donald".

It is basically outsiders like Nigerians and other minorities that are making all the noises: Americans have known Trump for such a long time and care less about what his traducers are making people believe.
America is not in a competition with anybody in real terms.
There is no force on earth that has as much influence and power as america and the singlest biggest reason is the sophistication and influence of the american economy backed by the powerful dollar.
Any leader that wants america to remain the only superpower must pay more attention to economy than military up-arming which is already too far ahead of the competition anyway.
And i fear a tough-talking ,outspoken maverick like donald trump is not what they need now.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by maestroferddi: 8:43pm On Feb 22, 2016
CSTR2:
America is not in a competition with anybody in real terms.
There is no force on earth that has as much influence and power as america and the singlest biggest reason is the sophistication and influence of the american economy backed by the powerful dollar.
Any leader that wants america to remain the only superpower must pay more attention to economy than military up-arming which is already too far ahead of the competition anyway.
And i fear a tough-talking ,outspoken maverick like donald trump is not what they need now.
There is a generally held belief that Obama's presidency has whittle down American supremacy.

Rivals like China, Russia and even some EU countries like France and Germany are no longer that submissive to American hegemony.

From the foregoing, Americans are looking for a leader whose persona would strike fear/awe in the heart of adversaries and rivals alike.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by CSTR2: 8:47pm On Feb 22, 2016
maestroferddi:
Don't get deluded. Hilary will not be president as it is too soon for a female American president.

All Trump needs is to clinch the GOP ticket. The dynamics will change should he be squaring up against Hilary, a totally uncharted territory.

Americans appear enchanted by Trump's candidature:forget the noise some people are making.
Many people also said america was not ready for her first president of colour until obama won.
Hilary is a thoroughbred who knows how the terrains of american politics. She is the most experienced of them all and americans know it too.
And americans are smart enough not to hand over the reins of their country to an unpredictable maverick.
Forget all the excitment about trump,it is expected for now especially among the conservatives. When push comes to shove, americans will go for predictability.
The vast majority don't want a president who would go war at the brink of an eye at the expense of the economy.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by CSTR2: 8:57pm On Feb 22, 2016
maestroferddi:
There is a generally held belief that Obama's presidency has whittle down American supremacy.

Rivals like China, Russia and even some EU countries like France and Germany are no longer that submissive to American hegemony.

From the foregoing, American are looking for a leader whose persona would strike fear/awe in the heart of adversaries and rivals alike.
I know of this and it is erroneous too.
Look at the russian-ukraine scenario. I don't even think a maverick like donald trump would engage in a military conflict with russia because of ukraine.
Since obama could not realistically go for the military option, he went for the more efficient, bloodless economic option- Which is to bring down the price of oil and cripple russian economic power.
An economicaly weak america can never be able to tame powers like russia and china where the military option is very unrealistic and costly especially in lives.
Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by Atigba: 12:00am On Feb 23, 2016
@ op

Stop disturbing yourself for nothing

Donald trump is the next US president

Hilary cant stand him at the poll

America is 19 trillion dollar in dept going to 21 trillion soon

Trump a good business man

Americans believe that skills he used to build his empire, he can transform the country with it

Obama is gradually turning america into a third world nation

Hilary will be a disaster as a president

Of cuz you can see her hand work in middle east

The middle east is presently a powder cak

The mass migration, europe countries shutting down their cities first in history since i was born

Trump will calm the world down

The whole world is upset presently courtesy obama and hilary...kelly

Even puti endorsed drump

Americans know trump more than any minorities that re making noise all over the world

Look at the polls

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by hungryboy(m): 1:22am On Feb 23, 2016
Another zombie speaks,

What's racist in Trump saying that he is going to build a wall to stop illegal immigration from Mexico and Central American countries?,

Last time i checked, there are 11million illegal immigrants in the United States and tackling illegal immigration should be important issue to all of the Presidential candidates,
But the democrats won't do that, since the have always won the Hispanic vote,

I'll rather support a mad Donald Trump, who advocates for closer ties with Russia, who is against regime change wars in the Middle East, and who will be his own man,
Than a sane Hillary Clinton, who as Secretary of State, had a hand in the destruction of not only Libya, but Syria too, and has a bunch of wall street backers who will surely be remote controlling her when she is elected.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 23, 2016
hungryboy:
Another zombie speaks,
Your lack of manners is nauseating. Pls get some help bro
Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 25, 2016
maestroferddi:
[s]Donald Trump is an achiever and therefore will make a good president.

He says it the way it is as typical of a maverick.

It is basically outsiders like Nigerians and other minorities that are making all the noises: Americans have known Trump for such a long time and care less about what his traducers are making people believe.[/s]

-20 for your ignorance.

Many Americans dislike trump.
Read here https://www.yahoo.com/politics/sorry-donald-trumpamericans-dislike-rudeness-as-190310725.html

And here

http://thefederalist.com/2016/02/22/why-donald-trump-cant-win-the-white-house/
Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by maestroferddi: 11:19am On Feb 26, 2016
Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by Tkester: 5:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
CSTR2:

I don't think Clinton will defeat Trump. I believe this election is Trump's to win.
Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by croat: 7:56pm On Feb 26, 2016
You only mention Trump and Clinton, ignoring Bernie Sanders?

The guy who was with Martin Luther King for rights of the blacks to not be discriminated and segregated while Clinton support discrimination and segregation.
Re: Donald Trump And The US Presidency by ifyan(m): 10:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
As for now. l think Hillary will be use as a puppet

(1) (Reply)

Just In: Israeli Army Raids Across Gaza City / Apology For Slavery Hailed As Milestone In Usa / 8-year-old Bride Dies After Sex With 40years Old Hubby On Wedding Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.