Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,023 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time (3059 Views)

Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose / The Vestiges Of Kaduna Mafia Must Not Kill Aisha Buhari - Bamidele Ademola / Blame Southwest APC States For Naira Fall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by Gerarahere: 7:59pm On Feb 22, 2016
my peoples opportunist mentality is driving me crazy,just because naira is falling,conductors are adding #20 to the already #50 normal prize in the name of "dollar etinye go ego" (dollar has risen), please does naira rise and fall affect the economic activities of a state if not for oil,apart from imports,i went to cyber cafe today,can you imagine that 1hr is #200 from the usual #150,i had to buy 2hrs for #400,if it is "CHANGE" that is doing this then what will be of us all in the next 6 months,my people are nt even making it easy,they see it as opportunity time to make a fortune,is this how the so called bi*fra utopia is built? thank GOD i never signed up for this,those that did,enjoy the remaining enjoyables while you can. pure water na #10,so enjoy it while its still #10

7 Likes

Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 22, 2016
It is either I do not understand economics and how exchange rates work or a vast majority of us Nigerians still don’t get how we have wrecked our country with our own curious choices. Just this morning I was listening to the radio and the lady on air went on and on about how she thought CBN governor Godwin Emefiele was incompetent and should be sacked because the naira was now exchanging at 309 or so to the USD.

That view pretty much echoes the sentiments expressed by many people I know and it amazes me that there are Nigerians who actually think there is some magic POLICY that can make the Naira strong in the near term. If my economics and my understanding of the way the world works are right, then that is as far from the truth as Jesus Christ is black.
The simple fact of the matter is that apart from oil that accounts for over 90% of our revenues, we really don’t have much of an economy.

We hardly produce anything, we import even toothpicks, so exactly what policy is going to be implemented that will turn Nigeria into a top exporting economy in the near term? Where are our Apples, IBMs, Disneys, GMs, General Electrics, Coca Colas, Empire State buildings, Statues of Liberties, Lockheeds, Citibanks, JP Morgans, ExxonMobils, NBAs, Super Bowls etc? Let me bring that closer home.

There was a time long ago when Nigeria had a truly strong economy and the naira was one to the dollar – even exchanged for higher than the USD, but that Nigeria is not this Nigeria. Sadly that Nigeria was laid by the British, and this Nigeria (if you don’t believe in the nonsensical imperialist conspiracies like me) – fueled by the DAMAGING Indigenisation Decree, has been the creation of us Nigerians.Back then we had a booming economy.

It is either I do not understand economics and how exchange rates work or a vast majority of us Nigerians still don’t get how we have wrecked our country with our own curious choices. Just this morning I was listening to the radio and the lady on air went on and on about how she thought CBN governor Godwin Emefiele was incompetent and should be sacked because the naira was now exchanging at 309 or so to the USD.

That view pretty much echoes the sentiments expressed by many people I know and it amazes me that there are Nigerians who actually think there is some magic POLICY that can make the Naira strong in the near term. If my economics and my understanding of the way the world works are right, then that is as far from the truth as Jesus Christ is black.

The simple fact of the matter is that apart from oil that accounts for over 90% of our revenues, we really don’t have much of an economy. We hardly produce anything, we import even toothpicks, so exactly what policy is going to be implemented that will turn Nigeria into a top exporting economy in the near term? Where are our Apples, IBMs, Disneys, GMs, General Electrics, Coca Colas, Empire State buildings, Statues of Liberties, Lockheeds, Citibanks, JP Morgans, ExxonMobils, NBAs, Super Bowls etc? Let me bring that closer home.

There was a time long ago when Nigeria had a truly strong economy and the naira was one to the dollar – even exchanged for higher than the USD, but that Nigeria is not this Nigeria. Sadly that Nigeria was laid by the British, and this Nigeria (if you don’t believe in the nonsensical imperialist conspiracies like me) – fueled by the DAMAGING Indigenisation Decree, has been the creation of us Nigerians.Back then we had a booming economy.

We were either the top, or among the top exporters, of timbre, cocoa, groundnuts, rubber, palm oil, etc, in the world. Nigerians not only holidayed at home in their villages, at Yankari Games Reserve, at Obudu Cattle Ranch, at Oguta Lake, at Ikogosi springs, at Gurara Falls, at Mambilla Platueau, etc, we attracted international tourists who brought in loads of foreign exchange. Even Nigerian schools were foreign exchange earners because they attracted foreign students. We had different car assembly plants – Peugeot, Volkswagen, Anamco etc. Nigerian government officials only bought vehicles assembled in Nigeria for official cars. We had a thriving sports industry.

We were not Man United or Chelsea fans, we were Rangers or IICC fans. We had the Nduka Odizors, people made money from sports. We also had companies like Lennards and Bata producing school shoes in their thousands, we had the thriving Nigerian Airways and the Aviation School in the north that produced some of the best pilots in the world. In those days if you were brilliant you were respected much more than the crass money-miss-road contractors of today.

Most of the Aje Butters I knew had fathers who were university dons. Back then it meant something to ‘know book’. Our textile industry was alive and well.
Just recently I watched a news report on the textile industry in Nigeria on CCTV News. Though the main focus was on the comatose status of the industry, I was stunned by the gigantic Kaduna Textile Mill built in 1957. I could go on and on.

Today however, no thanks to our parents (and we must call them out the way Wole Soyinka did his generation) and many of us (and we should be remembered for failing our children if we continue like this), we have destroyed everything. Today for instance Nigerian football (which comes easy to me obviously) doesn’t appeal to us, we have to fly across thousands of miles to watch ‘our’ clubs play. Every year we collectively burn billions of Naira being fans of clubs that give us nothing back, but some ‘entertainment value’ – simple pleasures for which we are ready to destroy the future of our children. Well people, payback time is here. Even with our ta-she-re money we all want to wear designer clothes and carry designer bags, Armani, Givenchy, Louis Vuitton etc.

We all want to drive jeeps with American specs, our children must now school overseas and acquire the necessary accents to come back home and bamboozle their ‘bush and crass’ contemporaries that they left behind. Who holidays in Nigeria anymore, is there Disneyland here? No one buys made-in-Nigeria school bags for their children, after all no Superman or Incredible Hulk or Cinderella on them.

We are no longer top exporters of anything and the demise of oil means we have zilch… zero. A country of 170m fashion-conscious people has no textile industry. We take delight in showing how our made-in-Switzerland Aso Ebi is different class to everyone else’s. When we help our musicians grow and pay them millions, they repay us by immediately shipping the monies overseas to produce their “i-don-dey-different-level”music videos. It makes no difference that distinctly Zulu dancers are dancing to a Nigerian highlife song.

As stars concerned they also wed and holiday overseas to impress us all. All the musicians who acknowledge their Ajegunle roots now speak in a cocktail of strange accents to symbolise how much they have blown their monies overseas.

Were we a more serious people, the highly popular Kingsway Stores of the past would probably have a thousand outlets pan Nigeria today supporting a massive agriculture industry among others, but today we have the likes of SPAR, Shoprite, dominating the retail industry while Kingsway is dead. And we Nigerians make it a special point to shop from the Oyinbos who have ‘cleaner shops’, ‘better this and better that’.

For our personal pleasure we don’t mind them dominating us in our own backyard and shipping proceeds overseas.
I could go on and on, but I don tire. Even as you are reading this, stop for a moment and look around you. What you see will probably explain why we are lucky it is not N1000 to the USD yet. And don’t think for a moment that it cannot get there.

Just continue to wear your Armani gear and Swiss-made lace, continue to spend your money on Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Barca and encourage your children to do same. (My article tomorrow in my Saturday column in This Day is on the Nigerian champions Enyimba FC – Nigeria’s most successful club – not having a sponsor, yet Nigerian brands pay over N600m to Man United and Arsenal for sponsorship to impress us.) Ehhh, no problem, continue to tell me the NPFL is rubbish or the clubs should clean up their act if they want sponsorship, mo gbo .

Don’t curtail your interest in choice wines ( we were the number one champagne consumers in the world in 2015), continue to love your American specs, cheer the education ministry for letting schools sink to pitiable levels, don’t fight them to improve our schools, don’t chide them for letting schools drop Nigerian history and embrace British, America and whatever else curricula.

Carry on with your love of French wines and Chinese silk, don’t bother about Jamiu Alli when there is Roger Federer. Stock up on your Italian, American, British products which you cannot live without, including the ‘baby soft’ toilet rolls produced only in that small unique village in England – the days are long gone since you were a broke student who used wet newspapers to wipe your butt.

Don’t even consider holidaying in Nigeria, it’s too dangerous – you have to fulfill your dream of being Nigeria’s Henry Ford. Don’t listen to people like me who have a wardrobe full of only cheap adire that is actually cheaper than just one of your Tom Ford blazers. Please keep dressing in fine silk made in some exotic place so you can be addressed accordingly.

Finally keep letting corrupt leaders who have looted your commonwealth and shipped all the monies overseas get away because to attack them does not fit your political narrative. Let us continue with the fine life, let us all continue to work for Oyinbo. But don’t forget that there is payback time and Emefiele is not your problem. Time for us all to look in the mirror and take responsibility.

By Dr Lekky Okotete

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by rhymaster: 8:17pm On Feb 22, 2016
Good
Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by IamJose(m): 8:21pm On Feb 22, 2016
So on point.. You said it all...
Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 22, 2016
Gerarahere:
my peoples opportunist mentality is driving me crazy,just because naira is falling,conductors are adding #20 to the already #50 normal prize in the name of "dollar etinye go ego" (dollar has risen), please does naira rise and fall affect the economic activities of a state if not for oil,apart from imports,i went to cyber cafe today,can you imagine that 1hr is #200 from the usual #150,i had to buy 2hrs for #400,if it is "CHANGE" that is doing this then what will be of us all in the next 6 months,my people are nt even making it easy,they see it as opportunity time to make a fortune,is this how the so called bi*fra utopia is built? thank GOD i never signed up for this,those that did,enjoy the remaining enjoyables while you can. pure water na #10,so enjoy it while its still #10
It is either you are a modafucking illiterate or you plainly enjoy acting as one. Even an SSCE holder knows the current fall in value of naira in a dollar-controlled economy like ours will not only have adverse effect on the price of goods imported into this country, it will also have rippled effect on the bottom line of every individual, whether you are a puff puff seller or you are a Banker.

That the rise in dollar value does not directly affect the cost of sales of a conductor or a pure water seller does not mean he shouldn't increase the price of his/her product. if the price of items and other commodities he purchases keeps increasing as an effect of the recent rise in dollar value, he would have no other option than to try increase his income to hedge the sudden increment of his expenditure.

By the way, who Dafuq told you the increased dollar rate has no effect on the businesses of those you mentioned? Let's take a look at how the increased dollar rate will affect the cost of sales of the traders you so maligned.
A conductor/ driver- will have to procure imported mortovehicle spare parts at the current crazy dollar rate to maintain his vehicle.

A Cybercafe owner- will pay for Internet subscription (most likely in dollars) and buy computer accessories all imported.

25 Likes

Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by seunny4lif(m): 9:21pm On Feb 22, 2016
smiley smiley
Dats the truth bros
tuale4u:

The simple fact of the matter is that apart from oil that accounts for over 90% of our revenues, we really don’t have much of an economy.

We hardly produce anything, we import even toothpicks, so exactly what policy is going to be implemented that will turn Nigeria into a top exporting economy in the near term? Where are our Apples, IBMs, Disneys, GMs, General Electrics, Coca Colas, Empire State buildings, Statues of Liberties, Lockheeds, Citibanks, JP Morgans, ExxonMobils, NBAs, Super Bowls etc? Let me bring that closer home.

The simple fact of the matter is that apart from oil that accounts for over 90% of our revenues, we really don’t have much of an economy. We hardly produce anything, we import even toothpicks, so exactly what policy is going to be implemented that will turn Nigeria into a top exporting economy in the near term? Where are our Apples, IBMs, Disneys, GMs, General Electrics, Coca Colas, Empire State buildings, Statues of Liberties, Lockheeds, Citibanks, JP Morgans, ExxonMobils, NBAs, Super Bowls etc? Let me bring that closer home.

We were either the top, or among the top exporters, of timbre, cocoa, groundnuts, rubber, palm oil, etc, in the world. Nigerians not only holidayed at home in their villages, at Yankari Games Reserve, at Obudu Cattle Ranch, at Oguta Lake, at Ikogosi springs, at Gurara Falls, at Mambilla Platueau, etc, we attracted international tourists who brought in loads of foreign exchange. Even Nigerian schools were foreign exchange earners because they attracted foreign students. We had different car assembly plants – Peugeot, Volkswagen, Anamco etc. Nigerian government officials only bought vehicles assembled in Nigeria for official cars. We had a thriving sports industry.

We were not Man United or Chelsea fans, we were Rangers or IICC fans. We had the Nduka Odizors, people made money from sports. We also had companies like Lennards and Bata producing school shoes in their thousands, we had the thriving Nigerian Airways and the Aviation School in the north that produced some of the best pilots in the world. In those days if you were brilliant you were respected much more than the crass money-miss-road contractors of today.

Most of the Aje Butters I knew had fathers who were university dons. Back then it meant something to ‘know book’. Our textile industry was alive and well.
Just recently I watched a news report on the textile industry in Nigeria on CCTV News. Though the main focus was on the comatose status of the industry, I was stunned by the gigantic Kaduna Textile Mill built in 1957. I could go on and on.

Today however, no thanks to our parents (and we must call them out the way Wole Soyinka did his generation) and many of us (and we should be remembered for failing our children if we continue like this), we have destroyed everything. Today for instance Nigerian football (which comes easy to me obviously) doesn’t appeal to us, we have to fly across thousands of miles to watch ‘our’ clubs play. Every year we collectively burn billions of Naira being fans of clubs that give us nothing back, but some ‘entertainment value’ – simple pleasures for which we are ready to destroy the future of our children. Well people, payback time is here. Even with our ta-she-re money we all want to wear designer clothes and carry designer bags, Armani, Givenchy, Louis Vuitton etc.

We all want to drive jeeps with American specs, our children must now school overseas and acquire the necessary accents to come back home and bamboozle their ‘bush and crass’ contemporaries that they left behind. Who holidays in Nigeria anymore, is there Disneyland here? No one buys made-in-Nigeria school bags for their children, after all no Superman or Incredible Hulk or Cinderella on them.

We are no longer top exporters of anything and the demise of oil means we have zilch… zero. A country of 170m fashion-conscious people has no textile industry. We take delight in showing how our made-in-Switzerland Aso Ebi is different class to everyone else’s. When we help our musicians grow and pay them millions, they repay us by immediately shipping the monies overseas to produce their “i-don-dey-different-level”music videos. It makes no difference that distinctly Zulu dancers are dancing to a Nigerian highlife song.

As stars concerned they also wed and holiday overseas to impress us all. All the musicians who acknowledge their Ajegunle roots now speak in a cocktail of strange accents to symbolise how much they have blown their monies overseas.

Were we a more serious people, the highly popular Kingsway Stores of the past would probably have a thousand outlets pan Nigeria today supporting a massive agriculture industry among others, but today we have the likes of SPAR, Shoprite, dominating the retail industry while Kingsway is dead. And we Nigerians make it a special point to shop from the Oyinbos who have ‘cleaner shops’, ‘better this and better that’.

For our personal pleasure we don’t mind them dominating us in our own backyard and shipping proceeds overseas.
I could go on and on, but I don tire. Even as you are reading this, stop for a moment and look around you. What you see will probably explain why we are lucky it is not N1000 to the USD yet. And don’t think for a moment that it cannot get there.

Just continue to wear your Armani gear and Swiss-made lace, continue to spend your money on Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Barca and encourage your children to do same. (My article tomorrow in my Saturday column in This Day is on the Nigerian champions Enyimba FC – Nigeria’s most successful club – not having a sponsor, yet Nigerian brands pay over N600m to Man United and Arsenal for sponsorship to impress us.) Ehhh, no problem, continue to tell me the NPFL is rubbish or the clubs should clean up their act if they want sponsorship, mo gbo .

Don’t curtail your interest in choice wines ( we were the number one champagne consumers in the world in 2015), continue to love your American specs, cheer the education ministry for letting schools sink to pitiable levels, don’t fight them to improve our schools, don’t chide them for letting schools drop Nigerian history and embrace British, America and whatever else curricula.

Carry on with your love of French wines and Chinese silk, don’t bother about Jamiu Alli when there is Roger Federer. Stock up on your Italian, American, British products which you cannot live without, including the ‘baby soft’ toilet rolls produced only in that small unique village in England – the days are long gone since you were a broke student who used wet newspapers to wipe your butt.

Don’t even consider holidaying in Nigeria, it’s too dangerous – you have to fulfill your dream of being Nigeria’s Henry Ford. Don’t listen to people like me who have a wardrobe full of only cheap adire that is actually cheaper than just one of your Tom Ford blazers. Please keep dressing in fine silk made in some exotic place so you can be addressed accordingly.

Finally keep letting corrupt leaders who have looted your commonwealth and shipped all the monies overseas get away because to attack them does not fit your political narrative. Let us continue with the fine life, let us all continue to work for Oyinbo. But don’t forget that there is payback time and Emefiele is not your problem. Time for us all to look in the mirror and take responsibility.

By Dr Lekky Okotete
Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by Gozzzy(m): 9:26pm On Feb 22, 2016
Chai!!!!! Thunder fire whatever or whoever it is that put us in this situation.... I weep for Nigeria!!!!

1 Like

Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by VANHELLSING: 9:45pm On Feb 22, 2016
LastMumu:
It is either you are a modafucking illiterate or you plainly enjoy acting as one. Even an SSCE holder knows the current fall in value of naira in a dollar-controlled economy like ours will not only have adverse effect on the price of goods imported into this country, it will also have rippled effect on the bottom line of every individual, whether you are a puff puff seller or you are a Banker.

That the rise in dollar value does not directly affect the cost of sales of a conductor or a pure water seller does not mean he shouldn't increase the price of his/her product. if the price of items and other commodities he purchases keeps on increasing as an effect of the recent rise in dollar value, he would have no other option than to try to increase his income to meet up the sudden increment of his expenditure.
This is common sense in action. The retard that created this meaningless thread is devoid of common sense, hence his inability to comprehend the chain reaction the dollar increase causes in import dependent economy like ours.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by oduastates: 10:03pm On Feb 22, 2016
My guy you dry fall my hand o.Apple IBM where dem no fit do tomatoes, pepper and petrol? ( just joking ,I understand the context).
Most Nigerian want instant gratification. That is why their politicians reduce them to rice , noodles, sewing machine and Okada during elections.
They are also good at sowing the seed but reluctant to pay taxes, fees and levies.
There is a need for a need kind of elite.
Elite prep , elite grooming , elite thinking and elite patriotism.
Give them a choice between the future and stomach and they will choose stomach all the time

1 Like

Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by digitsolution: 10:59pm On Feb 22, 2016
Well said I commend you and I agree with you 100%. I want you to note a point, some Nigerians like me don't mind using or patronizing made in Nigeria goods but the crux of the matter is that most of these products about 95% of them are crude, inferior and they do not last.

tuale4u:

By Dr Lekky Okotete
Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by achi4u(m): 11:00pm On Feb 22, 2016
Op you are a pure mugu, in fact where will I start to school you sef?
Let me use what you just complained about (conductors & co) to elaborate more, those vehicle buy spare parts at a cut throat price (I deal on spare parts both motor, generator and motorcycles), in motor parts, battery that use to be sold at #11,000 are now to sell to #16,000 and above. That's for motor side.
Now, that woman that sales pure at N10 per sachet has to fridge it and pay for the vehicle that brings them, pay for the workers that offload them with high price because everyone is affected, then finally her generator will/may got spoil and spare parts is also costly, 1piston and rings for 2900 gene is sells at N2000 and above, she will pay for the mechanics and the rest,,,,, I can go on till day break.
So, this dollar issue affected every facet of life.
Igbo kwenu, we can't carry Last after all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by dunkem21(m): 11:09pm On Feb 22, 2016
Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by Scholes007(m): 11:31pm On Feb 22, 2016
@op You of all people should know that a nation like nigeria that really heavily on import will have a general inflation on goods and services when there is devaluation of the currency...

Meanwhile, Aku ruo ulo. Pls lets join hands and make a sustainable region, make it a duty to bring investment home, no matter how small.
#Aku ruo ulo...

2 Likes

Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by irondome: 11:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
Gerarahere:

Dollar change should affect internet depending on who their ISP is. Components of internet (Router, Switches, Fibre optics,VSATs, etc) are imported. Some ISPs would even charge their clients in dollars.
Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by EasternActivist: 12:00am On Feb 23, 2016
This is the change that some sophisticated idioots were about blackmailing 5% for.

What a joke of a country...

Op mind you Igbo man is not your problem but the idiotss that voted that certificateless incompetent dullard in power

1 Like

Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by Gerarahere: 5:19am On Feb 23, 2016
@last mumu,am nt your mate
Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by Gerarahere: 5:26am On Feb 23, 2016
VANHELLSING:

This is common sense in action. The retard that created this meaningless thread is devoid of common sense, hence his inability to comprehend the chain reaction the dollar increase causes in import dependent economy like ours.
convincing me,doesnt call for insults,i am nt a trader,just want to know how come,it happens to be that,its bigots that manners,has vanished in thier eyes,no atom of respect
Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by Nobody: 6:44am On Feb 23, 2016
Gerarahere:
@last mumu,am nt your mate
Ofcourse we are not mates, it is glaring to all who is older between you and I.
Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by Sylverbox(m): 9:11am On Feb 23, 2016
tuale4u:

By Dr Lekky Okotete
I couldn't agree more with you. I remember Dad always showing latge buildings in in lagos and saying 'this used to be kingsway stores'. He held thus firm believe in good nigerian education too because back then that was the sure way out of poverty. I am happy we gave a few people like you left still. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by Olabestonic001(m): 9:37am On Feb 23, 2016
@Op:
I see some of those you mentioned defending their folly here live.
In Lagos, only imported goods have shown marginal increment in prices while the others are not even obvious.
Pepper is still the same, palm oil, transport fare within Lagos, pure water (still sells at N10), and in Lagos only people who depends on imported goods are feeling the impact much here. The cafe ain't increase its fares, the food ain't feeling it much.
In all honesty, I think those people increasing fares are simply opportunistic by nature and those supporting such are like them.

1 Like

Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 9:38am On Feb 23, 2016
not only igbo, come down to ibadan to see how a kolanut seller said e don grin rise due to rising dollar... an egg seller even said egg don cost, abeg shey we don dey import eggs too ni
Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by Sharp9: 9:40am On Feb 23, 2016
Nigerians are some how innocent on this particular matter. No country attains development by accident, there should be a deliberate national programme on development initiated by the government. Policies that will condition Nigerians to buy made in Nigeria goods and service. All the sectors that the govt. has no hand into are better when compared with the sectors that the are into. For example, telecommunication, banking, insurance, transportation, even cement, let me stop here.
For we to get right, we must play our international economic politics very right. For every partnership we go into, there should be an ulterior motive(s) like: stealing of technology , giving the foreign companies tax incentives and after the agreed period, we tell the rules of the game. Look at what happened to MTN with the huge fine,they can't Nigeria. America, China, Russia etc they always have classified information that no country will even force them to release.
Re: Naira Fall: My People (igbo) Will Not Kill Me Before My Time by emzila(m): 9:41am On Feb 23, 2016
Gerarahere:
IT is happening in the Ipod zone, you guys never like yourselves for once. I am not surprise neither disbelieved you. any slight opportunity to exploit brothers and sisters is a welcome development in that zone.

(1) (Reply)

The Most Important Truth: The Earth Is Flat, African Orders Keep It Secret. / A Nigerian Millitary Soldier Comes Up With Her Support For Biafra / EXPOSED: Amosun’s Desperate Last Minute Moves To Rig Ogun Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.