Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,275 members, 7,839,375 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa (19906 Views)

Hold El-rufai If Anything Happens To Me – Senator Sani / Saraki, Ekweremadu Will Be Sent Packing Next Week – Senator Marafa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by DIKEnaWAR: 8:12am On Feb 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:12am On Feb 23, 2016
EdCure:
True said. The shameful hullabaloo surrounding the budget is obviously the handiwork of Saraki and his cronies.

Saraki can never win any form of public sympathy nor gain any credibility no matter what desperate measures he take to discredit and blackmail this government.
A thief is a thief. Even GEJ knows that.
So saraki padded d budget? And Buhari was sacking people working in budget office?

3 Likes

Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by Ayanko(m): 8:12am On Feb 23, 2016
If APC should countinue this way PDP will take the leadership of the Senate. APC is lossing there sit to PDP.

1 Like

Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by HzRF(m): 8:12am On Feb 23, 2016
EdCure:

You know next to nothing about strategy and power play.

Most of those heads of parastatals that prepared the budget were highly compromised moles from PDP. They can go at any length to do things that will create public disaffection and disrepute to this administration.
Saraki is safeguarding their interests, and vice-versa.

Buhari deserves what he gets, though, because so far he doesn't seem to be smart and proactive enough. He's being too complacent.
He may continue to be schooled by "small boys" all the time. But I doubt if he will ever learn - either due to his age, or because he listens to the wrong people when it matters most.

I won't be surprised if Saraki (and his reprobate backers) eventually comes out the winner at the end.

He will cum out victorious
I don't know if NIGERIA can have a president that will be feared lyk obj again just that d obj is no way different from the rest of them

Saraki and his goons will only continue to ridicule apc and this govt with his seat and if buhari doesn't deliver Saraki will carry his long throat back to pdp
Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by plaetton: 8:13am On Feb 23, 2016
EdCure:
True said. The shameful hullabaloo surrounding the budget is obviously the handiwork of Saraki and his cronies.

Saraki can never win any form of public sympathy nor gain any credibility no matter what desperate measures he take to discredit and blackmail this government.
A thief is a thief. Even GEJ knows that.

Ha ha ha.

The blame game continues.
Today Saraki takes the blame for budget circus show.

It's everyone's fault but the Buhari.

When will Buhari man up and accept that buck stops at his table ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by Abeyjide: 8:17am On Feb 23, 2016
i know one day very soon,those senators backing saraki will later withdraw,the moment they realise the arrogance in him.i pity him.
Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by ahmadmuazu5(m): 8:26am On Feb 23, 2016
Marafa is American itself
Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by Cmiller(m): 8:27am On Feb 23, 2016
Another act to waste this week....cant wait for 2019 to come so that this idle senators will be voted out.

nonshense people
Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by Cmiller(m): 8:28am On Feb 23, 2016
plaetton:

Ha ha ha.
The blame game continues. Today Saraki takes the blame for budget circus show.
It's everyone's fault but the Buhari.
When will Buhari man up and accept that buck stops at his table ?
when he is done touring the world in 48 months

1 Like

Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by SoNature(m): 8:29am On Feb 23, 2016
Nigeria is just annoying! All we do is politicking without development. Time waits for no one...Buhari and APC need to hasten up the development of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by icyprince020(m): 8:30am On Feb 23, 2016
Cocaine warLords

1 Like

Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 23, 2016
Statements like this is how to know looters of this nation

To start with his contributions to the nigerian economy are?
Why shdnt he b suspended Baba wanna sit nd chop nd chop for no work done!

Dont say u work for us lets see d work u av done

Jesus did nt die in d hidden for our sins

He died in d open

If dat baba aint doin anytin i support his suspension naira is falling fast as girls loose virginity dis days

1 Like

Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by eph12(m): 8:34am On Feb 23, 2016
Is this not the senator that said there is nothing wrong with the budget?

1 Like

Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by hush15: 8:43am On Feb 23, 2016
EdCure:

Most of those heads of parastatals that prepared the budget were highly compromised moles from PDP. They can go at any length to do things that will create public disaffection and disrepute to this administration.

Buhari deserves what he gets, though, because so far he doesn't seem to be smart and proactive enough. He's being too complacent.
He may continue to be schooled by "small boys" all the time. But I doubt if he will ever learn - either due to his age, or because he listens to the wrong people when it matters most.

I won't be surprised if Saraki (and his reprobate backers) eventually comes out the winner at the end.

How do you know that all the civil servants are PDP faithfuls. Stop supporting what is wrong! Where you the one that employed them into the civil service? When ministers and the economic team didn't do due diligence, then loopholes will continue to exist of which that is if they are not the ones that gave those figures.

Whether Saraki is now leveraging on the incompetence of the executive, it's not for any one to play politics with it. Maracaibo going in that direction will only further politicize the whole issue rather than see the gross embarrassment the executive brought upon the country and will further create a divide in our polity.

The budget was a fraud. It's as simple as that. If not Saraki, such fraud will have gone unnoticed. And they won't be rejecting the figures as they are rejecting now. Saraki maybe undertrial but pending the conclusion of the trials, I would rather have him there to still balance the government and ofcourse, any smart man would always use that to his or her advantage. That opportunity brings balance in our government

2 Likes

Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by tolexy007(m): 8:47am On Feb 23, 2016
jahsharon:
Lets see how long Saraki will last.
u plpp have being saying this since last yr..

1 Like

Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by a2personal2013: 8:48am On Feb 23, 2016
I get very scared when we blame everyone but the president for any wrong doing. I candidly think we are setting a bad precedence for this administration.

Yesterday, the executives blamed the head of parastatals for padding the budget. Their positions were even sacrificed to satisfy the failure of the executives. Now they have come with another round of blame again. It's the legislators fault for doing what they are paid to do.

It's an old adage that says you must not wait till night to look for your black goat. We must not let the same pattern we had with the last administration repeat itself. We all folded our hands until it was almost too late.

We must endeavour to put this administration on the right path. They must understand that Nigerians trusted them with their votes and they must deliver the promised dividends. We will not keep quiet and massage the president's ego when he is wrong.

He goofed with the budget and he must be told. He should learn to take responsibilities of his administration and not trade blames.

For a country to grow the collective impact of the youth is needed. No form of media propaganda will change the truth. Please leave Saraki out of this he is only doing his job. He may not be a saint, but he did a great job in identifying the lapses in the budget.

If this regime is sincere about eradicating corruption, then we should be grateful to the senate. Remember the Senate acts as a check to the executive arm likewise the executives also check mates the legislative arm. I am sure we are all waiting to see the progress in the trial of the Senate president. This is the beauty of democracy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by Forwetinnah: 8:50am On Feb 23, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
So it was saraki that budgeted more money for aso rock clinic than the whole teaching hospital added together
It was also saraki that budgeted for aso rock rent
It was also saraki that sent the rats that changed minstry of health budget

Face it that budget is a disgrace

You dey mind that person...it was Saraki who made the typo errors too!! cheesy
Nna left APC matter...those people are entertainers

1 Like

Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by frankyychiji(f): 8:53am On Feb 23, 2016
EdCure:

You avoided answering the questions ezenwammadu raised, rather you have continued to regale us with your tales by moonlight. Please answer his questions.

1 Like

Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by nurish(m): 9:02am On Feb 23, 2016
This marafa beta stay quiet co s Saraki's loyalties are much in d house

If care is nt takin
His seat is goin to b vacant in d house
Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 23, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
Thats your usual response......deflect all the blames from bubu incomptence to others but bubu

But didn't bubu or any of his numerous advisers at least skim through the budget before presenting it with much fanfare

Why didn't the old man spot the mistake when he stole the budget and replace it with a 'corrected` version
What is all this,where were you when jonathan was mismanaging Nigeria,or since he was not from the north everything he has done was right?
I can feel your pains seing Pmb in aso rock instead of ur jonathan.
What a pained ipob.
Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by senatorbayor(m): 10:02am On Feb 23, 2016
tomakint:

Last? March 10 the dude is forgotten in the dustbin of history as a once-upon-a-time Senate President.

Can we quote you or its just a mere statement .
Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by vislabraye(m): 10:10am On Feb 23, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
So it was saraki that budgeted more money for aso rock clinic than the whole teaching hospital added together
It was also saraki that budgeted for aso rock rent
It was also saraki that sent the rats that changed minstry of health budget

Face it that budget is a disgrace

I wonder how people dey reason sometimes. They can't own up to their wrongs. It just reminds me of the finance minister. Instead of her to defend the budget, she started telling us how an exam body made 16 +6 to be 24
Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by vislabraye(m): 10:13am On Feb 23, 2016
EdCure:

Compromised mole indeed
Finally, the buck stops at the president table. Thank God you know the person you voted.
Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by stonemasonn: 10:17am On Feb 23, 2016
EdCure:

Bros I've always said in Nairaland that Buhari should turn to veterans like OBJ, Tinubu and Atiku for political advice and strategy instead of friends and close pals. Obasanjo is still the smartest and most proactive president since 1999.
Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by senatorbayor(m): 10:23am On Feb 23, 2016
Senator Marafa is crying wolf and raising dust based on pain of not getting Senator Lawal as SP while he is given majority Leader as it was arranged in their camp.

while its OK for Saraki to face his allegations by CCT, Marafa should do the needful by follwing due process if he feels things have not been done normal.

The Senate is an institution that got its standing rules on how to address issues that concerns the house.

such is done thru their spokesman however, he can make his personal opinion but should not be in conflict with the stands of the house which laws are binding on all members .

If Marafa feels the Senate rules have been compromised right from the emergence of Saraki to committee creations and inauguration, the following moral burdens stares Marafa

why did he accept the committee chairman in the first place ( if he feels the rules are faulty)

Why did he allow SP to inaugurate him as chairman of the committee when he knows that Saraki came thru a faulty foundation

Why did he always address Saraki as "the Senate president " any time he wants to speak in the house when he is already challenging his ascension in court. such address is a confirmation of such position that he is challenging

Why didn't he tell Nigerians how much his salaries and allowances are as a senator ( since he suggest that the salaries and allowances are bogus and needs reduction)

Why didn't he sponsor a private bill to seek for its reduction and thereafter refused to collect any salaries and allowances he found as outrageous thereby championing the course while Nigerians pat his back and give him support.

Why did all his group members (SUF) accept committee position from same leadership they accused of bending senate rules to create illegal committee.

many "why,why why "
Same Marafa boasted that he will appear before the committee on ethics to spill many beans that will shock the nation only for him to back off when the opportunity came.

If he claimed fifth columnist were behind the padding of budget and the embarrassment it generated, why didnt he mentioned the fifth columnist working for the SP to cast aspersion on the president thru the budget .

so it was the SP that said Minister of health should deny his budget, Lai Muhammed to scream about some inclusion of foreign figures in his own ministry's budget or the bogus amount credited to the presidency .

he should grow up and fight for a right and just course thru the legal means and stop creating unnecessary tension to gather undue emotional sympathy from those who read thru their nose.
Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by niyi123: 11:49am On Feb 23, 2016
vislabraye:

I wonder how people dey reason sometimes. They can't own up to their wrongs. It just reminds me of the finance minister. Instead of her to defend the budget, she started telling us how an exam body made 16 +6 to be 24

Don't be silly!
How educated are you?
What have you achieved in your life?
What have you contributed to your community as a whole?
If someone made a mistake which no human being is an exception and you are taken it as a means to ridicule her, it is just a pity. I am very sure where the woman can stand, I doubt if there is anyone in your generation who can match up.
Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by clickwtB(m): 12:36pm On Feb 23, 2016
VERY TRUE AND IMMIDIATEDLY SARAKI MUST GO.
Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by naijagobetter(m): 3:28pm On Feb 23, 2016
i love the guts of this Marafa guy
Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by ElCapone(m): 3:38pm On Feb 23, 2016
EdCure:

as much as i hate to hear this, its jvst da brutal truth.
Re: Suspend Saraki, Not Me – Senator Marafa by jmand(m): 3:58pm On Feb 23, 2016
This Corrupted Saraki deserves to retire from his chair, cause he's not part of the change Nigerian were needed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Mulls Handing Over IPPIS, TSA To Galaxy Backbone / Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2021) / Rivers Re-run: Wike Would Have Gone Had PDP Lost — Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.