Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

"Ironically The Road He Abandoned Is Now Used By Both APC And PDP Members" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Ironically The Road He Abandoned Is Now Used By Both APC And PDP Members" (517 Views)

Ironically Only Igbo Masses & Serving Politicians Benefits From The Status Quo. / APC And PDP Chieftains To Form A New Mega Party / I Support Wike And PDP In New York - Man (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Ironically The Road He Abandoned Is Now Used By Both APC And PDP Members" by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 23, 2016
A Good Governance Watch (GGW) Correspondent on Investigative Journalism recently visited some project sites in Rivers State to ascertain their current status and sample the opinion of residents. One of such sites visited was the Eagle Island/Iloabuchi link road.

Our Correspondent spoke to Pedestrians and Commuters plying the road and one of such persons our Correspondent spoke to is a Timber Dealer at the Iloabuchi Axis of the road, who gave his name as John. John said: "I was here when this project commenced in the 90s, successive governments didn't consider it necessary continuing the project despite its importance in deconjesting traffic along Ikwerre Road, fortunately Amaechi came and continued the project, but also abandoned it because of a paltry N150m, thankfully Wike has completed the road and it is now serving the purpose as a by-pass and as a thoroughfare".

Another Resident who pleaded anonymity claimed: "Before this time, we used to waste man-hours at AGIP roundabout just to get out of Eagle Island but thank God for Governor Wike's wisdom for completing the road, as I speak, in 10mins I can drive from Eagle Island to Port Harcourt Mall as against the many hours we used to spend. The road now serves as a good means of by-passing Mile 3 for those going to Ada George area. Tell me why a man who has done this won't be loved by his people?"

Another Resident our correspondent spoke to said: "Amaechi was ill-advised by sycophants he surrounded himself with, this road was obviously a quick win for him but he lost it. Ironically the road he abandoned is now used by both APC and PDP members".

(1) (Reply)

Apc System Of Government Selective Prosection Of The Opposition / 17 Powerful Reasons Why Buhari Is Not The Killer Of The Naira / INEC To Investigate Alleged Distribution Of Fake Result Sheets In Rivers Rerun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.