Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,146 members, 7,838,916 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

I Need Help On CVT - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Help On CVT (1115 Views)

Here Are Common CVT Transmission Problems In Honda / Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? / Nissan Primera Wagon With Cvt Transmission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help On CVT by salvo583: 1:34pm On Feb 23, 2016
hello carlanders? i called a mechanic to drive me from ibadan to akure to and fro today only for him to tell me my cvt has failed because it's not changing gears. I told him the cvt was designed not to feel the gearshifts nor change gear but this man said he has worked on muranos and altimas that have cvts in them and they shift only that i haven't noticed. Should i start saving up for a new gear or what? Help me
Re: I Need Help On CVT by Marpol: 1:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
salvo583:
hello carlanders? i called a mechanic to drive me from ibadan to akure to and fro today only for him to tell me my cvt has failed because it's not changing gears. I told him the cvt was designed not to feel the gearshifts nor change gear but this man said he has worked on muranos and altimas that have cvts in them and they shift only that i haven't noticed. Should i start saving up for a new gear or what? Help me

Don't let him drive your car again not to talk of coming close.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help On CVT by Kashif(m): 2:15pm On Feb 23, 2016
If he knows his spanners as a mechanic, he won't have time to be a driver. Make sure you ignore whatever he says.
Re: I Need Help On CVT by mayor2013: 4:11pm On Feb 23, 2016
Let him continue doing justice to muranos only. glorified kazeem wants to take over
Re: I Need Help On CVT by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:36pm On Feb 23, 2016
salvo583:

What is you rpm @ 80m/hr

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On CVT by salvo583: 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
@marpol and @kashif. i will be careful of him. @mayor2013. ure just hilarious with kazeem ti take over lol
Re: I Need Help On CVT by salvo583: 5:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
What is you rpm @ 80m/hr
it depends on how hard i am on gas. But with a light foot its below 2000.
Re: I Need Help On CVT by Kashif(m): 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2016
salvo583:

it depends on how hard i am on gas. But with a light foot its below 2000.

It's working as it should.
Re: I Need Help On CVT by salvo583: 5:48pm On Feb 23, 2016
[quote author=Kashif post=43185371]
what would i notice when tranny is abt to fail?
Re: I Need Help On CVT by adanny01(m): 7:41pm On Feb 23, 2016
I have not driven cvt before so cant imagine the shift or the experience. However, iknow for a fact that even if you dont feel the gear shifting, rpm must come down at a point. The best is to observe from the rpm and whether you lose long secs of acceleration during hard acceleration.
Re: I Need Help On CVT by lonelydora: 2:53am On Feb 24, 2016
If I were you, that mechanic will never in his life come close to the car. He wants to learn with your car.
Re: I Need Help On CVT by FrankSlade(m): 12:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
salvo583:
The cvt transmission is designed without gears. It basically uses metal pulleys inside. No gears , No gear change!!!

(1) (Reply)

Innonso Cars And Tokunbo / Collection Of Cars / I Urgently Need Trucks/haulage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.