Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,905 members, 7,810,482 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa (50254 Views)

N15bn: EFCC Submits Report To President / PDP Crisis: Governor Dickson’s Committee Submits Report To Sheriff / Timi Frank May Be Expelled From APC As Disciplinary Committee Submits Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by DONSMITH123(m): 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
A group known as Open Society and Good Governance Initiative on Tuesday, embarked on a protest to the National Assembly, demanding that the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki be suspended instead of Kabiru Marafa who was being investigated by the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions over Media interviews he granted to the media a fortnight ago.

The protesters bearing various placards with inscription “suspend Senator Bukola Saraki not Kabiru Marafa”, noted that the embattled Marafa was exercising his freedom of speech and opinion, and such must not incur the wrath of the Senate because as a Senator, it behoves on him to air his views on issues.

President of the group, Mr. Emeka Ude told DAILY POST that there was need to strengthen democracy by allowing free speech as enshrined in the Constitution, while also expressing disappointment over Dr. Bukola Saraki-led Senate’s attempt to shut down vibrant Senators instead of resigning his position as Senate President to face his trial at the CCT.

“We are here to protest because it was lawful for the likes of Senator Marafa to express his views and where that was considered as undermining the integrity of the Senate as was the case to the extent that they were considering suspension of Marafa was rather unfortunate”, Ude said.

He added: “Several Senators have made unpalatable comments on issues in the past and none was suspended for such. Was it because this one bothers on Car purchase which was meant to service their ego rather than National development?,” he asked.

Meanwhile the Chairman, Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions, Samuel Anyanwu earlier submitted the report on Marafa during plenary. This follows the motion moved by Deputy Leader of the Senate, Bala Ibn ‘N’allah and the motion was seconded by Senator David Umaru representing Niger East Senatorial District.

With the submission of Samuel Anyanwu’s report, the issue has now been set to be discussed by the Committee of the whole at any other plenary against the expectation that the Committee might have recommended his expulsion which should be pronounced today.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/23/protesters-call-for-sarakis-sack-as-senate-committee-submits-report-on-marafa/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by OsusuMustFlow(f): 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
Saraki must Go...

Osusu Must Flow

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by divinehand2003(m): 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
More placards plssss

Operation Saraki must gooooooo

Stop embarrassing our dear country with sit-tight leadership with shameful acts hanging over their heads.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by OnankpaBa(m): 2:52pm On Feb 23, 2016
seriously, Saraki need to step aside for his deputy.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by DONSMITH123(m): 2:55pm On Feb 23, 2016
with the CCT trial and all the saga around saraki, i think he should do the honourable.

OnankpaBa:
seriously, Saraki need to step aside for his deputy.

12 Likes

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by SweetLove0(f): 2:56pm On Feb 23, 2016
i never like that saraki for one day

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by urboy1: 2:57pm On Feb 23, 2016
Idiots..loool.. Saraki is going nowhere...lol..

53 Likes

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by SweetLove0(f): 2:57pm On Feb 23, 2016
divinehand2003:
More placards plssss

Operation Saraki must gooooooo

Stop embarrassing our dear country with sit-tight leadership with shameful acts hanging over their heads.

yesooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by SweetLove0(f): 2:59pm On Feb 23, 2016
for your mind abi

urboy1:

16 Likes

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by OnankpaBa(m): 3:00pm On Feb 23, 2016
he's a disgrace to our democracy.

DONSMITH123:
with the CCT trial and all the saga around saraki, i think he should do the honourable.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by OnankpaBa(m): 3:01pm On Feb 23, 2016
enemies of democracy

urboy1:

21 Likes

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by oluwaSmith1(f): 3:04pm On Feb 23, 2016
grin
Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by VampireeM(f): 3:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
APC members are their very own enemies! Confused and Clueless set of dullards. Marafa and Saraki can as well get sacked or GTH, we Nigerians dont care. undecided

21 Likes

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by Darammliveth(m): 3:06pm On Feb 23, 2016
It's only in here in naija we celebrate thief like Bukola Saraki.. Come to ilorin, kwara state and know what am talking about. Advertising him on air(radio) is just too annoying.. This country is a joke!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by okuneddie(m): 3:06pm On Feb 23, 2016
Na them sabi.........All I Know is that I Need a Good JOB!!!

7 Likes

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by stephnie1(f): 3:07pm On Feb 23, 2016
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by doctokwus: 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2016
How I wish the Senate had gone ahead to suspend Marafa today.That wud have thrown the Senate into crisis and hastened Saraki's much awaited vacation from that seat.
Every single day Saraki presides over that senate is an affront on whatever change is happening in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by OnankpaBa(m): 3:09pm On Feb 23, 2016
How madam? and for being clueless, is there any president that's clueless than GEJ?

VampireeM:
APC members are their very own enemies! Confused and Clueless set of dullards. Marafa and Saraki can as well get sacked or GTH, we Nigerians dont care. undecided

10 Likes

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by OnankpaBa(m): 3:10pm On Feb 23, 2016
I Remembered Saraki being stoned and called Ole! in his home town

Darammliveth:
It's only in here in naija we celebrate thief like Bukola Saraki.. Come to ilorin, kwara state and know what am talking about. Advertising him on air(radio) is just too annoying.. This country is a joke!

5 Likes

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by DONSMITH123(m): 3:14pm On Feb 23, 2016
lol....i really dont wanna talk...go and sin no more grin

VampireeM:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by VampireeM(f): 3:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
OnankpaBa:
How madam? and for being clueless, is there any president that's clueless than GEJ?

Their selfishness and greed for power with different ideologies. Yes, and that person is PMB. Right now he is "Clueless".

DONSMITH123:
lol....i really dont wanna talk...go and sin no more grin

Keep quoting the bible verses o.. lol.. Till you hear Salt is now 5000naira a Sachet

12 Likes

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
i dey tell you

doctokwus:
How I wish the Senate had gone ahead to suspend Marafa today.That wud have thrown the Senate into crisis and hastened Saraki's much awaited vacation from that seat.
Every single day Saraki presides over that senate is an affront on whatever change is happening in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by OnankpaBa(m): 3:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
stop bein a wailer my copper friend...your former self suit thee more than wailing. You can wail from now till thy kingdom come...he remain your president.

VampireeM:

Their selfishness and greed for power with different ideologies. Yes, and that person is PMB. Right now he is "Clueless".

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by DONSMITH123(m): 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
grin
VampireeM:

Keep quoting the bible verses o.. lol.. Till you hear Salt is now 5000naira a Sachet
Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by VampireeM(f): 3:22pm On Feb 23, 2016
OnankpaBa:

stop bein a wailer my copper friend...your former self suit thee more than wailing. You can wail from now till thy kingdom come...he remain your president.

Yes he is still the president of course thats why I wont blink an eye to criticise him if he is not doing it right... Thats what he should expect as long as he is in the public eye

5 Likes

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by kuuljay(m): 3:23pm On Feb 23, 2016
Saraki do the honourable thing na!

3 Likes

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by DONSMITH123(m): 3:27pm On Feb 23, 2016
where is lalasticlala sef?

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by OnankpaBa(m): 3:31pm On Feb 23, 2016
your hate for Buhari can never change ur heart..all i can say is pipe down and embrace change,.

VampireeM:

Yes he is still the president of course thats why I wont blink an eye to criticise him if he is not doing it right... Thats what he should expect as long as he is in the public eye

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by OnankpaBa(m): 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2016
God bless you

kuuljay:
Saraki do the honourable thing na!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by OnankpaBa(m): 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by SmithEnemona(m): 3:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:52pm On Feb 23, 2016
but his supporters think otherwise.

DONSMITH123:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity / Photos From The Ongoing Renovation At Enugu International Airport / Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.