Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed (72025 Views)

Bonaza!!! Iroko Subscriptions @1k only For 12month / List Of Available TSTV Channels And Subscriptions / Dstv Nigeria Packages , Dstv New Channels,how To Do Dstv Subscriptions On Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by mikron(m): 1:50am On Feb 24, 2016
BlackHummer:

If I have SS3, I don't need any other sports channel. I wish I could trade SS3 for telemundo and all the african magic channels.
exactly, and their supersport 3 is HD, the clearity no be here cheesy

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by mikron(m): 1:51am On Feb 24, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

Chai, you own never reach near my own; just bought the Explora + 1 mnth subscription at N81K and now someone is saying its only 30K angry undecided
guy i was about buying the explorer too at N65k but i changed my mind and bought the HD decorder instead + mnth subscription for compact cheesy
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by mikron(m): 1:57am On Feb 24, 2016
ucheo:
Pls house wat is special about Explora? What is the difference
guy explorer no be here o, with that decorder u can fast forward, rewind, pause and record live programmes to ur decorder, and it comes with an amazing 2 terabyte internal memory, trully a value for ur money if u ask me, and that decorder is now going for only N30k with a one month additional premium bouquet. wow
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by mikron(m): 1:58am On Feb 24, 2016
stephany007:
I need 1 dstv explora how do I get 1 @ 30k
walk in to any dstv outlet close to u.
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Niceman4u(m): 4:29am On Feb 24, 2016
olamieseun:
Till I die I will never used my moni fo dsthieves wen GSKY , QSAT and Strong decoder dey dir fo me to watch live match anyday anytime. Na dem sabi, if dem like make dem reduce de price to one naira every month, me na FTA.

Does GSKY still work? Pls update me if it still works.
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by caprini1: 6:21am On Feb 24, 2016
mikron:
i dont get u bro, are u saying the dstv explorer that goes for N65k is now N30k? pls explain
yes ...football madness promo and it starts today.
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by emeka2847: 7:14am On Feb 24, 2016
Sure?
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by cutekhalifa(m): 7:25am On Feb 24, 2016
finally out of nairaland prison..... iranu abasha👅👹

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by hakinze00(m): 7:26am On Feb 24, 2016
Tunami:
and how does that affect the rate of dollar to naira.
are u sure u re following d dollars issue? Dnt u knw it fell 4m 375 to 280 ystiday in d black market? Mtcheww,beta get ur facts ryt b4 writing anytin

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by AfroKnight: 7:30am On Feb 24, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
but I thought the wailers said buhari was not working.

Don't mind them. They want the government to fail but na lie. PMB will be amazingly successful.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:38am On Feb 24, 2016
caprini1:
Finally....on compact bouquet of just 6000 naira ,all EPL and Laliga is now available to subscribers...... source : my woman works at multi choice .

Thank you
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:38am On Feb 24, 2016
pneumaticos:
Let them continue,till many peple start watching by cheats

I dont even use them

Good
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Benbelor(m): 7:39am On Feb 24, 2016
masseratti:
is this for hd pvr decoder too? I abandoned mine 2 months ago, especially when Chelsea on a losing streaks.
don't go back yet because I see chelsea going back to their ways
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:39am On Feb 24, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

Leave them

Ignorant is a serious problem/sickness
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by dotune(m): 7:41am On Feb 24, 2016
Maybe the consumer protection right commission are serious with their threat this time around. They should even probe more into this to see if we are still not being short changed. Nigerians have suffered a lot from foreign companies.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by fF01(m): 7:42am On Feb 24, 2016
dexy007:
Until they make it 3k at least. When I can subscribe on my QTV here in Abuja and watch all matches live on beIN Sports channels.
beIN ti take over!
bros abeg aw much b d QTV decoder nd aw much per month to subscribe?
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Adesiji77: 7:43am On Feb 24, 2016
Marketing strategy...
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by naijanaso: 7:44am On Feb 24, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

NAIJA na wa. What has this got to do with BUHARI naa? Must we mention either the past or present govt in every thread here? And funny enough, people are busy clicking 'Like'

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by donlemson(m): 7:46am On Feb 24, 2016
LEADING pay-TV platform, DSTV, has announced that subscribers on its Compact and Compact Plus bouquets will, from today, be able to watch the full complement of football matches from the world’s most prestigious leagues-the Barclays Premier League (EPL) and La Liga, as well as the European Championship (Euro 2016).

The matches of these leagues and Euro 2016 would be available to DStv Compact subscribers in High Definition and at no extra cost. Previously, the full football package was available to only DStv Premium subscribers on its SuperSport channels.

Explaining why DStv was providing a full football menu for Compact subscribers, Mr. John Ugbe, Managing DIrector, MultiChoice Nigeria, said: “One of MultiChoice’s key priorities is to put our subscribers’ needs at the heart of everything we do and since these have been tough economic times for everyone, we realised that our subscribers could use some good news. We’re excited that we can now deliver the best football action in the world to our Compact subscribers, while ensuring that this development doesn’t negatively impact them financially.”

Ugbe also explained that Euro 2016 matches have been made available to Compact subscribers as part of MultiChoice Africa’s ongoing efforts to improve its products and offering.

Also, MultiChoice Nigeria announced a price slash on Explora and Zapper decoders bundled with the Compact bouquet. The Explora, dish kit with one month Compact subscription, initially sold at N71,000, has been reduced by more than 50% to N30,000; while the DStv Zapper decoder, dish kit plus one month Compact subscription will now be sold at N12,500 as against the previous price of N18,500. The offer which is valid while stocks last further reiterates MultiChoice’s commitment to provide Nigerians with quality entertainment they can afford.

Football fans on Compact and Compact Plus can tune to two new channels: SuperSport 11 (DStv channel 231) and SuperSport 12 (DStv channel 232), which will be dedicated to the EPL and La Liga.

This means that all Compact subscribers will now have access to the biggest games of the season, including the blockbuster clash between Arsenal and Manchester United billed for 28 February. The match will be broadcast on SS11.

On 27 February, Compact subscribers can watch the Madrid derby featuring Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid and the next day watch Barcelona take on Sevilla.

The greatest club rivalry in the world will be available for viewing on SS12-the home of La Liga-on 3 April, when Barcelona’s dazzling trio of Lionel Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez will meet Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo in the first El Clasico derby of 2016 at Barça’s Camp Nou.

Three days later, Valencia will take on Atletico Madrid.

Compact subscribers can also catch other exciting La Liga matches plus highlights, magazine programming, pre-match discussions and panel shows on SS12.

Last July, MultiChoice revamped its DStv Compact bouquet to include over 95 world class channels at a monthly subscription of N6,000. Some of the new channels include AfricaMagic Igbo, AfricaMagic Urban, BBC Brit, CBeebies, Eva, M-City and Zee World.

source: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/dstv-adds-epl-la-liga-euro-2016-to-compact-bouquet/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by charlsecy(m): 7:47am On Feb 24, 2016
caprini1:
source : my woman works at multi choice .
Not a valid source. The proof of the puddibg is in the eating.
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by SkinnyDude(m): 7:49am On Feb 24, 2016
caprini1:
Check your decoder,you will see two new football channels, 211 & 221...messages have been sent to dealers and agents....you can even buy an explorer now,with subscription at 30k
what does that explorer do? and why is the sub. 30k?
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by stagger: 7:50am On Feb 24, 2016
Adaowerri111:
chai, and we just paid on Sunday cry cry

Pay the differential and call the customer service to upgrade your package. You will still have at least 26 days left on the new package.
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Mcowubaba: 7:51am On Feb 24, 2016
I have read all the comments so far, but nobody has confirmed it.

Has anybody subscribed for the 6K 'football madness' nd was it what you were expecting
Let us know!!! DSTV wey dey greedy nd stingy like craze, their Customer call center is not even toll free, yet the will be telling u to press 1, press 3, hold 5, call ur smart card no undecided for my credit.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 24, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Wetin concern buhari with dstv?
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Adaowerri111: 7:56am On Feb 24, 2016
stagger:

Pay the differential and call the customer service to upgrade your package. You will still have at least 26 days left on the new package.
paid 14k
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by lekkie073(m): 8:02am On Feb 24, 2016
mikron:
guy that QSAT decorder still dey work? i hear dstv don block am, me bin dey plan to ship one from aliexpress o. guy explain better for me if the package still dey run
the blockage is always for a short tym ....its presently running.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by reflx(m): 8:05am On Feb 24, 2016
are you sure no other competitor is coming
this is sudden and suspicious!!!
is the Champions League included also
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by IYANGBALI: 8:07am On Feb 24, 2016
Omo are you serious? Baba Buhari has done it agai

Wailers are gonna eat me raw grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by IYANGBALI: 8:08am On Feb 24, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Wetin concern buhari with dstv?
he ordered dem to do it grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by IYANGBALI: 8:10am On Feb 24, 2016
Mcowubaba:
I have read all the comments so far, but nobody has confirmed it.

Has anybody subscribed for the 6K 'football madness' nd was it what you were expecting
Let us know!!! DSTV wey dey greedy nd stingy like craze, their Customer call center is not even toll free, yet the will be telling u to press 1, press 3, hold 5, call ur smart card no undecided for my credit.
I saw something like dat on my screen last night. I think it's real

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BBNaija: Seyi Kisses Mercy's Chest, Armpit & Cheek. See Reactions (Photos) / Kohsi Is The Winner Of Big Brother Titans (BBTITANS) Season 1 / BBNaija: Tacha’s Achievements At 23 That 'Seyi Can't Achieve'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.