Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed (72076 Views)

Bonaza!!! Iroko Subscriptions @1k only For 12month / List Of Available TSTV Channels And Subscriptions / Dstv Nigeria Packages , Dstv New Channels,how To Do Dstv Subscriptions On Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Ramon92: 9:52am On Feb 24, 2016
Kyase:
Mobdro I guess
No..
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Femich18(m): 9:53am On Feb 24, 2016
Fellywood:
Do people still watch these games on dstv?
please how do u watch ur games
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by tommykiwi(m): 9:53am On Feb 24, 2016
Adaowerri111:
Why is it not on their website
they sent the msg to subscribers . I got the msg last nite. so it is for real.
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Femich18(m): 9:57am On Feb 24, 2016
[quote author=olumzzz post=43201583]
Help me tell demo.i use CTL and i watch all matches of all the leagues at 7k for months subscription[/quote
wait o...Wre are you cos I've never heard of any subscriber here in lag
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by amp01(m): 9:59am On Feb 24, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
but I thought the wailers said buhari was not working.

So if chicken republic reduce their fried rice and chicken from 1,350 to 1,000,it's na BUHARI!
They are simply loosing customers and profit.That is their strategy to increase customer and profit,not BUHARI.
And FOOTBALL is a determinate factor in their profit in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Kyase(m): 9:59am On Feb 24, 2016
Ramon92:
No..
Which one be that
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by mikron(m): 10:08am On Feb 24, 2016
Segadem:
read it again, he said u can record live matches.
dont mind him, i refuse to reply him, or are live matches not live programmes?
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by bigass(f): 10:18am On Feb 24, 2016
Do you pay extra fee aside the normal subscription to use the explora?
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by bennymark(m): 10:19am On Feb 24, 2016
Sai Buhari, this is just less than 2weeks after Consumer Protection Council gave DSTV these conditions. Remain compensation to customers sha.

The Change we want.
The Change we voted.
The Change that affects the common m
Sai Buhair
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by bennymark(m): 10:22am On Feb 24, 2016
bigass:
Do you pay extra fee aside the normal subscription to use the explora?

Dat one get different prize o. E cost pass sef
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by bigtt76(f): 10:23am On Feb 24, 2016
I thought their pricing structure was based on Dollar rising and Naira falling grin den for increase am naaaaa kiss

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Spyker: 10:28am On Feb 24, 2016
Until they start pay per view as it is in UK, all these measures are still on the high side.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by rildwanullahi(m): 10:39am On Feb 24, 2016
Adaowerri111:
Why is it not on their website
it's true, saw the advert at ikeja this with serious promotion
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by asiwajumi(m): 10:41am On Feb 24, 2016
caprini1:
Exactly.....now almost everyone can afford watching football peacefully at home.
really? With 6k . What will happen to our 1800 gotv sub?. Is still for the riches.lol

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by codedguy1(m): 10:46am On Feb 24, 2016
Is the UCL going to be in the compact bouquet too?
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by gymer(m): 10:52am On Feb 24, 2016
Everyone wants it, you’ve got it! From Tuesday, 23 February 2016, the world’s best football leagues – the Barclays Premier League (EPL) and La Liga - and the Euro 2016 will be available to DStv Compact subscribers in all their HD glory, at no extra cost.

“One of MultiChoice’s key priorities is to put our subscribers’ needs at the heart of everything we do and since these have been tough economic times for everyone, we realised that our subscribers could use some good news,” says John Ugbe, Managing Director, MultiChoice Nigeria. “We’re excited that we can now deliver the best football action in the world to our Compact subscribers while ensuring that this development doesn’t negatively impact them financially.”

SuperSport will launch two new sports channels, SuperSport 11 (DStv channel 231) and SuperSport 12 (DStv channel 232), which will be dedicated to showcasing the EPL and La Liga respectively on the DStv Compact bouquet. This means that all Compact football fans will now be able to enjoy the biggest games of the season including this Saturday’s match (28 February) on SS11 between long-time rivals, Arsenal and Manchester United!

More football excitement continues on SS12 in the Spanish league where Lionel Messi, Neymar, and Luis Suarez are leading what’s possibly the world’s most potent attack for Barcelona this football season. Subscribers will find out if Barça can claim their 24th La Liga crown against Cristiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid this season. They will also watch as the two football teams test each other’s mettle on the 3 April when they meet in the first El Clasico derby of 2016 at Barça’s Camp Nou. In the meantime, Compact subscribers can also feast their eyes on other exciting Spanish matches including Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid on 27 February, Barcelona vs Sevilla on 28 February while Valencia will take on Atletico Madrid on 6 March. Catch the games plus highlights, magazine programming, pre-match discussions and panel shows on SS12.

As part of MultiChoice Africa’s ongoing efforts to improve our products and offering, DStv Compact subscribers can look forward to even more exciting sport and entertainment this year. The Euro 2016 tournament which will kick off on 10 June until 10 July on the new SuperSport channels will keep our football loving subscribers enthralled while they wait for the next season to start in August 2016.

Furthermore, MultiChoice Nigeria is announcing a price slash on Explora and Zapper decoders bundled with the Compact bouquet. The Explora, dish kit with one month Compact subscription initially sold at N71,000 has been reduced by more than 50% to N30,000; while the DStv Zapper decoder, dish kit plus one month Compact subscription will now be sold at N12,500 as against the previous price of N18,500. This offer which is valid while stocks last further reiterates MultiChoice’s commitment to provide Nigerians with quality entertainment they can afford.

It would be recalled that in July last year, MultiChoice revamped its DStv Compact bouquet to include over 95 world class channels at a monthly subscription of N6,000. Some of the new channels include: AfricaMagic Igbo, AfricaMagic Urban, BBC Brit, CBeebies, Eva, M-City and Zee World.

For more sports news and live match fixtures on the new channels SS11 and SS12, please visit www.supersport.com. To view all the other great channels available on the DStv Compact bouquet, please visit eazy.dstv.com.
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Habbatmakolly: 11:03am On Feb 24, 2016
caprini1:
Finally....on compact bouquet of just 6000 naira ,all EPL and Laliga is now available to subscribers...... source : my woman works at multi choice .

Is it inclusive of Champion League and Europa League or only Euro 2016?
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Omoaregba(m): 11:09am On Feb 24, 2016
You can only view them on SS 11 and 12, if u subscribe for compact bouquet..
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by caprini1: 11:10am On Feb 24, 2016
weezii:

Please what's the all there. Kindly explain small
installation, dish,cable and accessories.
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by olumzzz(m): 11:23am On Feb 24, 2016
[quote author=Femich18 post=43202373][/quote]
Their headquarters sef dy lag. At Victoria Island
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Chazzyboy: 11:23am On Feb 24, 2016
UrbanMystique:
God bless kodi and my android smart TV.. Who cares about dstv when I watch all best stations on earth for free grin
but u pay for internet why say free
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by adahib: 11:28am On Feb 24, 2016
This is plausible but I still have a few questions

1) what happens to champion's league, Europa league, bundesliga,etc?

2) how long will this last given that it's a promo? Is it permanent or after a month or two,things will return to how they were

Until I'm certain, I think I'll stick with my CANtv were I watch all the matches at 3150 monthly . Dstv messed up seriously last year. It will take a lot for me to go back to them.
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Femich18(m): 11:33am On Feb 24, 2016
olumzzz:

Interesting..but why are pple here not patronizing dem since its cheaper...
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Femich18(m): 11:33am On Feb 24, 2016
olumzzz:

Interesting..but why are pple here not patronizing dem since its cheaper...
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by huntila(m): 11:43am On Feb 24, 2016
really. How sir? Can u?
chubhiee:
But people can position and track satellites from middle east and pay little to watch all live matches. There's always a choice.
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by chubhiee: 11:57am On Feb 24, 2016
huntila:
really. How sir? Can u?
As a way of promoting our own, look for this Boss twinstaiye and see all he has to offer you.
www.nairaland.com/twinstaiye
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by chubhiee: 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by 1kinggy(m): 12:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
but I thought the wailers said buhari was not working.

How this one take be him work?
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by beamed: 12:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
UrbanMystique:
the problems you mentioned come with dstv.. The differences are, data is cheaper than dstv subscription.
Dstv is not always stable especially during bad weather. I
can move from TV to tablet and still enjoy my kodi, incase of power outage.
That's right, I'm smart that way.
And I have access to stations dstv would never dream of having on their crappy decoder.

Applause, applause. Got no issue with your smartness. Just trying to see it from another perspective. I also want to assume you don't put the rest of the family into consideration when you watch alone on your tab.

Summary is, it's a world of choices. Subscription is a bit on the high side I agree but I wonder why those who once had this right couldn't stand the test of time.

You go into business to make profit and better peoples life especially your employees.

To most people, it should be free. NTA, AIT and others are free but what are we fed with ? Just saying ...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BBNaija: Seyi Kisses Mercy's Chest, Armpit & Cheek. See Reactions (Photos) / Kohsi Is The Winner Of Big Brother Titans (BBTITANS) Season 1 / BBNaija: Tacha’s Achievements At 23 That 'Seyi Can't Achieve'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.