Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price (17260 Views)

President Buhari, Saudi Arabia & Qatar: / The Unreliability Of Nigerian Tyrant Buhari Saudi Masters / Nigeria & Saudi-iran Proxy War?; Burundi & The Empire In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by stephenduru: 5:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
Leaders of Nigeria and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia have expressed commitment to a”stable oil market” and a “rebound of oil price.”

At a bilateral meeting between Nigeria and Saudi Arabia in Riyadh hosted by the ruler King Salman Bin Abdul-Aziz, the two leaders accepted the fact that their two economies are tied to oil and that all cannot be well with both countries when then the world oil market is unstable. They therefore committed themselves to doing all that is possible to stabilize the market and rebound the oil price.

The two leaders who engaged in extensive discussions on regional and global issues also agreed that terrorism posed a common threat to their states and would require close cooperation to prevail over the threats.

President Muhammadu Buhari who was making his first pronouncement on the invitation to join the coalition of Islamic states against terror spearheaded by the Saudis congratulated the Kingdom on its formation.

“Even if we are not a part of it, we support you. I must thank the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for the recent creation of a coalition to address the menace of international terrorism. Nigeria will support your efforts in keeping peace and stopping the spread of terror in your region. This is in consonance with our own commitment and on-going efforts in seeking to stamp out Boko Haram terrorists from the West African sub-region and Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC),” the President said.

Speaking on global terror generally, President Buhari said that “international terrorism made a statement by attacking one of the advanced countries by carrying out an attack on Paris in which 130 were killed. Now we have to come together to find a common solution to the problem of terrorism.”

He thanked the Saudi government for it continuing support to Nigeria in the fight against terrorism.

Turning to the menace that Libya has turned into, President Buhari regretted that the late Libyan leader Muammar Ghaddafi recruited, trained and armed citizens of many states in the Sahel region. With his fall, these mercenaries have returned to their countries, “doing nothing but to shoot and kill.” He cited Burkina Faso and Mali as the main victims but expressed happiness that the countries neighboring the Lake Chad have tightened their ranks to finish off the Boko Haram threat.

“Luckily, we have cultivated our neighbors. We are now working together against Boko Haram,otherwise the problem would have become worse.”

He and King Salman hoped that the Libyan factions will soon see reason to reunite and restore fully their own country so as to save the world from further terrorism spin-offs from that country.

The leaders also focused on trade between their states and agreed to give fresh impetus to the joint commission previously established in order to boost commercial and other activities to unify their peoples.

In his remarks, King Salman commended the progress made by Nigeria in combating terrorism and promised to give further support and assistance.

He welcomed the support of the Nigerian government for the new ant-terrorism coalition and implored the President to consider its full membership.

King Salman pledged his full support and cooperation to Nigeria under its present leadership and directed all agencies of his government to follow up on the discussions.

“I now instruct my team to go and sit down with your relevant agencies to push forward cooperation between our states,” the King concluded by saying.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/02/buhari-king-abdul-aziz-of-saudi-arabia.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by popesam1(m): 5:55pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by mrmetoo1: 5:57pm On Feb 23, 2016
Even though Buhari didn't actually say he'll stabilize world oil prices, here he is actually making that happen with the biggest player in the world. I wonder what some people will have to say about this. I expect to see a lot of "islam/muslim blah blah blah"

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by mbhs139(m): 6:13pm On Feb 23, 2016
mrmetoo1:
Even though Buhari didn't actually say he'll stabilize world oil prices, here he is actually making that happen with the biggest player in the world. I wonder what some people will have to say about this. I expect to see a lot of "Islam/Muslim blah blah blah"

You know, sometimes, I just wonder what some citizens stand to gain if this man fail? Perhaps they have forgotten that we, the citizens, will be the ones to go down if he fails. I understand that some of them are still suffering from the defeat of their 'hero', but then, we have to move on.

103 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by kilokeys(m): 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
His dream...
And they might understand each other very well...

Bla bla bla Guns, bombs... Bla bla bla money, crude oil.. Bla bla jihad, kill bla bla flex virgins.. Kai.. Paradise.. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by SegunAdewole: 6:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
How can presidiot bokoharii join a coalition against terror when he himself is blood terrorist? grin

An attack against boko haram is an attack against the north- Presidiot Mumuhamadu Buhari.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by tunwumi: 6:45pm On Feb 23, 2016
Incase
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 23, 2016
Buhari on a mission to stabilize oil price. Keep working hard baba.

“I now instruct my team to go and
sit down with your relevant agencies
to push forward cooperation between
our states,” the King concluded by
saying.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
This trip paid off
Now off to iran to do the same

But seriously, how did Buhari pull this off without signing the anti-terrorism coalition
I guess his masters degree in strategic studies really paid off.

And yes, he does have a H.degree from the USA.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by onoikenna: 8:10pm On Feb 23, 2016
All we want is the best for Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by NobleAngell(f): 8:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
Nawao we are in trouble. The way this man is going about narrating all our problems is becoming worrisome. Nigeria where art thy pride and dignity? We are gradually becoming objects of pity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by Kyase(m): 8:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
onoikenna:
All we want is the best for Nigeria
Don't worry Buhari will give us just that.
In baba I trust.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by thundafire: 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2016
stabilize oil price hahahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha very funny u cnt stabilize common dollar in naija na oil u 1 cs u think say dy whole world go fear u ineffectual,mumu,confused presido

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
SegunAdewole:
[s]How can presidiot bokoharii join a coalition against terror when he himself is blood terrorist? grin

An attack against boko haram is an attack against the north- Presidiot Mumuhamadu Buhari.[/s]

Grow up IPOB Charlatan!

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by mrmetoo1: 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2016
NobleAngell:
Nawao we are in trouble. The way this man is going about narrating all our problems is becoming worrisome. Nigeria where art thy pride and dignity? We are gradually becoming objects of pity.

I don't even know to respond to this. Do you read at all? Do you know low oil prices is not a secret? You know this low oil is worldwide? Do you know all oil producing countries are feeling it? Ma'am Buhari isn't telling the man what he doesn't know. Everyone is well aware of what low oil prices is doing to our economy. You guys must really try not to make yourselves look bad because you want to criticize Buhari.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by DrayZee: 9:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
We are not an Islamic State so we shouldn't join such a league.
Nice one by the President.
More sense to your brain.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by LRNZH(m): 9:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
Baba himself.
I am proud of how this man looks at problems from a different perspective. His leadership skills are exceptional.

Another president would have stayed in Abuja and stated that "Saudi and Russia will know if oil price can be stabilised. I rather attend Secundus handover party to Boko Sheriff."

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by Emekamex(m): 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
This is just mere rhetorics, Saudi Arabia wont cut down oil production unless the USA, Iran and Russia do likewise, as these are their major competitors in the global market share.

Convincing these four nations to cut down production is almost impossible at this time as Iran and USA will not likely do this. Instead of still focusing on oil, why cant Buhari invest more time and effort in our agricultural and mining sector.

This is the time and our only chance of diversification; Mr President, dont waste this opportunity to get things right.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by Aromas: 9:55pm On Feb 23, 2016
mrmetoo1:
Even though Buhari didn't actually say he'll stabilize world oil prices, here he is actually making that happen with the biggest player in the world. I wonder what some people will have to say about this. I expect to see a lot of "islam/muslim blah blah blah"
Only God will save PMB from his enemies my brother grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by SegunAdewole: 2:41am On Feb 24, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Grow up IPOB Charlatan!
Egbon zombie, e pain you? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by Yhinkss(m): 2:58am On Feb 24, 2016
SegunAdewole:
How can presidiot bokoharii join a coalition against terror when he himself is blood terrorist? grin

An attack against boko haram is an attack against the north- Presidiot Mumuhamadu Buhari.
This is stale as PDP has confirmed Boko Haram with their leaders. You peoples comment looks pathetic.
Ask Fani who Ali Boko sheriff is and report back
Everything must not be about divide for you so you need to check yourself cos who you always vent your corroded mind at does not know you eXist at all

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by Cholls(m): 3:00am On Feb 24, 2016
my brothers the problems of Africa is with Africans and the solution of Africa is with Africans.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by onojaduru: 5:55am On Feb 24, 2016
I am watching Buhari's administration in 3D
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by Tokt: 7:23am On Feb 24, 2016
Yet fools will continue to say that Babas travelling is a waste. Kiss my arse u all. Baba will do what baba gat to do. Ipob charlatans can continue to shout aimlessly. Who cares.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by ZUBY77(m): 8:09am On Feb 24, 2016
Let him go and meet Obama over exchange rate too.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by eleojo23: 8:10am On Feb 24, 2016
Bubu may eventually stabilize world oil prices after all. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by Viktor1983(m): 8:11am On Feb 24, 2016
I'm still trying to figure out how Saudi will agree to a decision that will benefit Iran.
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by hakinze00(m): 8:11am On Feb 24, 2016
#naijamustbetter,naira appreciated a whooping of almost 100naira ystiday to a dollar(375-290),1$=1naira loading......

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by amtaken(f): 8:11am On Feb 24, 2016
Shashasha shashushu

Scam!

Can we see his pictures with the 7 virgins or the ones with his Medical doctors?
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by drss(m): 8:12am On Feb 24, 2016
buari dullard's secret agaenda - sharia law loading.
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by SylarsMcQuins: 8:12am On Feb 24, 2016
Buhari is confused, what exactly is he planning on contributing to the cause.

A President that knows nothing..
Re: Buhari & Saudi King Abdul Meet,Nigeria,Saudi Arabia Commit To Raising Oil Price by victorazy(m): 8:14am On Feb 24, 2016
Does it mean Mr. President doesn't have anything to offer us, nothing in his head or what?

Is he surposed to be talking about oil or to start devoloping local businesses as alternative to this deteriorating stage of oil.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs / INEC Suspends Collation Of Results In Bauchi / Nobody Can Stop FG From Probing #EndSARS Protesters - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.