Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,084 members, 7,828,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Benue State Neglect Of The Security Situation In Agatu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue State Neglect Of The Security Situation In Agatu (1008 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soldiers In Agatu, Benue State / I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase / Fulani-Herdsmen Shoot At David Mark In Agatu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benue State Neglect Of The Security Situation In Agatu by chiefdiye(m): 7:15pm On Feb 23, 2016
The Agatu communities have been in and out of
the news for several years now but not for any
good reason. Fulani herdsmen have ravaged
these communities and served the people with
untold agonies best described in no ordinary
language.
We have called the attention of Aljazeera
(Witness) to make a story on these people in
recent times and beam it for the world to see.
Before Aljazeera begins their formal coverage we
wish to condemn the inattention and neglect
cum insensitivity of Benue State Government
about the pitiable conditions of our people in
Agatu.
As at the time of posting this report, most if not
all the women and children in Okokolo, Ugboju,
Abugbe, Odugheho in Agatu have been sleeping
in the bush since last week and up till this
moment no single security agent has been deploy
to the villages. Sometime in 2015, some
communities were completely deserted and till
now not all the families have returned.
What is the sin of our people? Why can’t Ortom
just listen for once? Are we no longer Benue
indigenes?
Kindly please assist me circulate for the
attention of Benson Abounu, Tahav Agerzua and
James Okefe. Also let David Olofu know that we
need the protection of our government.
This has become necessary since the Governor
is completely absent on this rather crucial
matter.

my question is. if these situation is not taken cared of, where do they run to, how do they survive this situation without govt. intervention? how long will those teenager who are used by the AGATU community as their soldier to protect their home will preserve?

Re: Benue State Neglect Of The Security Situation In Agatu by Acermoon(m): 7:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
Is it Benue state Or Benue State Government
Re: Benue State Neglect Of The Security Situation In Agatu by payosehtor(m): 10:58pm On Feb 23, 2016
Something has to done quickly, i suggest dialogue is the best solution to this problem. becous, arming their local mallitials will be like ''a monkey challenging a gorilla'' afterall, fulanis are always supported financially & logistically by their Hausa muslem brothers in their mosques, maybe u dont know, The Agatu's are in just one local govt & i dont see their lager Idoma neighbors shielding them either.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Police Officer,Abba Kyari,Leading Special Anti-Robbery/Anti-Kidnap Teams / Fashola- Trying Times For Buhari's Super Minister / Rivers Election: Hold Buhari Accountable For Violence, Loss Of Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.