Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,583 members, 7,816,434 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You (95750 Views)

Black People Have Super Powers #UNDERGROUNDRISEUP / Ooni Cannot Marry The Single Mother, Emmanuella, It’s A Taboo – Palace Source / Inheritance In Ishan Land First Son Takes All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 8:05pm On Feb 24, 2016
pet4ril:
eyaa, if it's your destiny to be with any, it must surely come to pass.
For what you said about them, you are very correct.
Thumb up
I would pray to God to help turn it around if it isnt my destiny. my love for ESAN as a tribe is uncomparable.

I hv elder sis. though they re both married bt til dis moment dey didnt allowed "i have a husband" to take over their thinking and hustling.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by pet4ril(f): 8:13pm On Feb 24, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

I would pray to God to help turn it around if it isnt my destiny. my love for ESAN as a tribe is uncomparable.

I hv elder sis. though they re both married bt til dis moment dey didnt allowed "i have a husband" to take over their thinking and hustling.
i have another tribe who love them for this same reason.... Just thread carefully sha, i pray God should grant you your heart desires that are not contrary to his will in your life
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
ABmaverick:
The tribe Esan disgusts me demasiado at the hearing of it.Tradition aside, they are bunch of cruel people , a worthless generation and a lot more

And I'm sure Esan people are disgusted by you too. Uhuki.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by rashfat(m): 8:19pm On Feb 24, 2016
ABmaverick:
The tribe Esan disgusts me demasiado at the hearing of it.Tradition aside, they are bunch of cruel people , a worthless generation and a lot more

Foolishness at its peak....Ogun gbe e
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 8:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
pet4ril:
i have another tribe who love them for this same reason.... Just thread carefully sha, i pray God should grant you your heart desires that are not contrary to his will in your life
Go through ur mention and reply one of my mention u ignored. Except u purposely ignored it.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by pet4ril(f): 8:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Which part of esan re u frm?
ok, the most feared part in esan land.
I believe you will know it
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 8:46pm On Feb 24, 2016
Proudly Esan . cool : kiss
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 8:53pm On Feb 24, 2016
pet4ril:
ok, the most feared part in esan land. I believe you will know it
Lol. instead u would hv said outsiders most feared part in esand land.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by bokohalal(m): 9:01pm On Feb 24, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

And one of Oba's daughter got married to an esan man? Bro abeg dey try lie small small. i'm esan and i also reside in benin.
The person did not say he was a Bini.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 9:02pm On Feb 24, 2016
ABmaverick:
. The tribe and the family you hail from is the one that is worthless not mine.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 9:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
bokohalal:
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 9:07pm On Feb 24, 2016
bokohalal:

its only the Benin's that beef Esan with no reason but they need to remove the log in their eyes before they start talking.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 9:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
Young03:

u sound like an ishan bt anyways dats none of my biz

here in benin we run 4rm them
lol Benin are busy fighting themselves all the time. They should concerate how to better themselves and not hate on their neighbors for no reason. Benin and Esan are not rivalry so hush.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by charlesucheh(m): 9:25pm On Feb 24, 2016
erunz:
thats why you are not Esan

am proud of my tribe.

esan oyeee
I smell subjectivity in your TONE......understood! But I said that as my personal opinion..and with some degree of Objectivity....calm down aiite!!
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by gondon(m): 9:29pm On Feb 24, 2016
DEAR then i need a favor from you. if u are from EWOHIMI.
My wife to be is from dia, i wish to wsk u some questions please.
jeff1607:
Esan ladies are just too pretty too (but I fear the ladies,dare not cheat on them or face their wrath) proudly ewohimi #purebred
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by gondon(m): 9:30pm On Feb 24, 2016
I agree to u ohhhh, bcoz i cant let go of my woman. I love herbdie.
pet4ril:
chaiii .please remove eye because if you enter, you may disobey your parents because to let go will be a problem if you meet the one wey know wux up.
Omen, you go enter one chance be dat ooo
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by bokohalal(m): 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
martha89:
its only the Benin's that beef Esan with no reason but they need to remove the log in their eyes before they start talking.
Hehe. My wife is Esan . And my colleague and best friend is Esan

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by CioAngels(f): 9:46pm On Feb 24, 2016
It is very true and still happens in edo/delta
till date. The painful part is women do this intentionally and they are wicked becos they make their husbands fall into it and before you know it, the man is dead. Another one they do is that becos they don't want to go unclad they do jazz turns their husband to mugu and she tell her already mumu husband to met his family to revoke the tradition bonding together in marriage so that when she sleeps about nothing bad will happen to her husband and children. Is that a marriage? Park out of the man's house, no, they want to remain there to answer Mrs. Most husband are in bondage. Very sad. May our sons' and daughters marry their father, mother, brothers, sister, friend, then husband or wife. Vice versa. Amen.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Anglovel: 10:06pm On Feb 24, 2016
. Proudly Uromi
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by litetias(m): 10:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
raayah:

In a civilized society, you hold the door if someone is coming behind you irregardless of thir gender. If you personally decide to hold the door for women, that's your problem, it's not a law.

Men do most of the hard work that involve strength because they are physically stronger than women. The same for jobs like nursing which are female dominated because women are more compassionate and caring than men..

It says a lot if you cannot even understand the basic biological differences between men and women.
It says a lot if you cannot even understand what I meant by opening doors
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by XaintJoel20: 10:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
gondon:
Greetings and thanks for this write up. Its really good for me bcoz my wife to be is from EWOHIMI and she is d best gift ever given to me..
Please i wish to know much about EWOHIMI people, as i am an IGBO guy going to marry from there.
* How do they behave generally
* How do dey welcome dia inlaws, expecially d non edo's.
* How is dia traditional wedding like, and how much can it cost to do a low key marriage dia.
My woman attends MFM and is a christain, she is d opposite of a cure benin girl; as in very nice.

PLEASE help answer these questions for me, as it will help me alot.
What do you mean by "cure Benin girl" How do they behave?
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 10:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
bokohalal:

Hehe. My wife is Esan . And my colleague and best friend is Esan
lol ok .
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by ugomakas(f): 10:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
Not applicable to Esans only, it's just d man's world.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 10:41pm On Feb 24, 2016
gondon:
Greetings and thanks for this write up. Its really good for me bcoz my wife to be is from EWOHIMI and she is d best gift ever given to me..
Please i wish to know much about EWOHIMI people, as i am an IGBO guy going to marry from there.
* How do they behave generally
* How do dey welcome dia inlaws, expecially d non edo's.
* How is dia traditional wedding like, and how much can it cost to do a low key marriage dia.
My woman attends MFM and is a christain, she is d opposite of a cure benin girl; as in very nice.

PLEASE help answer these questions for me, as it will help me alot.
? Join Esan mega forum on facebook and get your answer from there.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by XaintJoel20: 10:44pm On Feb 24, 2016
Omon605:
1. Is a pure lie because i stays in abuja and my friends do come to visit most times and stay with us for few days. They used my wife wrapper to cover at night. Is fully accepted unless you have and interior motive. Is not forbidden in Ishian culture as you portrait

2. In Ishian once you are married nobody cares when you sleep with your wife. Anytime is allowed. No time is restricted and you are even encourage by both families to do it quick so that you can start having children, because that's the only problem I can't find in Ishian marriage. It is expected once you are married children should follow

3. Here to a large extent you are correct but no barbing of any hair and if the woman didn't confess on time she might loose her own life but for that of the children that had been revised and if the man or his suspecting the woman at all without telling his elders the man may also loose his own life. But if the man didn't know or suspect the wife in anyway he had know problem

4. If the woman confess to the husband alone without the husband family, the husband may loose his life. Once the woman confess to the husband or the husband suspected the woman at all he had to quickly alert his people and explain to them. If the woman didn't really do anything contrary she will be set free instantly and given some advice not to indulge herself in such unholy behaviour and sometimes the man will be punish for suspecting the wife. But once a woman indulge in the act and she confess and the husband still agreed to take her as his wife that's why they performed that ritual, naked the woman and takes her round the village by the women. Note : this is not a must but depending on the circumstances

5. Hmmmmmm, I understand why you missed this. Once the word cross a woman is mentioned in Ishian what everybody believe is you have slept with the woman. That's doesn't mean mere walking across a woman's legs is a taboo. You can walked across a woman's legs but you can't cross a woman (sleep)

6. That's is arm robber lie. This is just lie, if you steals your husband's money is between you and your God. Nobody cares, is not a taboo

7. Not truth at all. Anybody can sleep on your bed. Is not forbidden at all. Sometimes if the heat is too much I bring my foam outside and share with my friends. Is not forbidden if you wish to share with anybody. Fully accepted

8. Yes is forbidden if only you say it out. Is not a taboo, is just that some men used it as a means to punish their wives. No sting attached so long the man didn't announce the woman

9. I only had of this but never witness it. Even strangers bath with the same buckets th couples bath with

10. Sorry I just help you to number this. Is a lie my friend. Nobody tells you when to sleep with your during and after birth. I had a cousin whom first child is barely 11 months old and the have given birth to another baby. Am seeing some Ishian marriage attires on this your post and I believe if really you knew that couple very well it will help to provide an answer to this
You are very correct. Thanks for making these corrections...
Proudly Esan....
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by XaintJoel20: 10:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
I have had cause and reasons to regret being a Nigerian, but I have never had cause and will never have reasons to regret being an Esan man....
PROUDLY ESAN....
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by XaintJoel20: 10:55pm On Feb 24, 2016
I have had cause and reasons to regret being a Nigerian, but I have never had cause and will never have reasons to regret being an Esan man....
PROUDLY ESAN...

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 11:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
To all those loosers that often look for anything negative to say when it comes to a certain state or tribe but when its news about Akwa ibom or Calabar witches thing you guys keep mute. What about ijebu ,benin etc and the ones in your village preventing you all to progess in life. Esan rock and haters go and die. Those ones with negative stereotype are always the first to cast stones. They are some tribe who are into cannibal, rituals and etc. African and Nigeria ethnic groups all have some weird practices before Christianity came. The only problem here the rules only apply to the ladies.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by gondon(m): 11:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
From my own perspective, ESAN women are good; though not all of them but there re good ones. My wife to be hails from there, and i hv no regret meeting nor knowing her.
She is wat dey call a perfect gift and a backbone. She goes extra mile to make me happy, she hustle on her own without depending on my money. She marries church and church programmes like kilode.

I will continue to say it over and over again, that ESAN WOMEN are the best to marry. Far better than the IGBO LADIES.
I hail from IMO STATE; OWERRI
She is a pure ESAN LADY; EWOHIMI.

In my next world, i wish to be with her over and over and over again........

But remember, dey no dey chance dem ohhh, dey can change am for u.
If dey love u and sacrifice for u, den u re save.

Proudly OWERRI kum ESAN

ONUEGBE------------OFUREEEEEE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by OMOLEMONDAY(m): 11:31pm On Feb 24, 2016
3,4,5 AND 8.THE SAME WITH IULEHA PEOPLE IN OWAN WEST LGA OF EDO STATE
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 11:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
Esan has not gone boko haram on any tribe or neither are they fighting others because of land,farms issues etc. Esan oyeeee! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Yoruba Incantations. . . . . / Ikwerre Names & Their Meanings / 4 Nigerian Slangs Currently Making The Rounds On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.