Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng (6884 Views)

Who Enlighten Me The Difference Between (com.ng) And (ng) / Domain Name For Sale (importation.com.ng) and (programming.com.ng) / What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 06, 2016
UK's own is .co.uk

South Africa's .co.za

So why is Nigeria's own .com.ng
Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by excanny: 2:37pm On Oct 06, 2016
Because we are not them. They should change theirs to .com.uk and .com.za. Australia uses .com.au tho.

OP, stop this inferiority complex.

The only second nigerian level domain that should be stopped is .ng. It doesn't describe the entity in anyway.

42 Likes

Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by GeoOla25(m): 6:46am On Oct 07, 2016
Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by mojeed4(m): 6:47am On Oct 07, 2016
I mever thought of that
Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by usmanktg2(m): 6:47am On Oct 07, 2016
Nigerians sabi follow trend, not all Nigerians think, may be the first guy made the mistake and we all follow suit.
You are a genius
Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by veekid(m): 6:47am On Oct 07, 2016
That's why we're Nigeria; I think
Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by justicejay(m): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2016
Because we are nigerian, and we are special but reckless.
Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by Chiscomax(m): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2016
Because we are Nigerians and they should put something respek on our name

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by ikaboy: 6:48am On Oct 07, 2016
Epic.

excanny:
Because we are not them. They should change theirs to .com.uk and .com.za. Australia uses .com.au tho.

The only second nigerian level domain that should be stopped is .ng. It doesn't describe the entity in anyway.

7 Likes

Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by donvicky07(m): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2016
seriously, I don't knw wah to say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by ajbabs(m): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2016
Hi
Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by HRich(m): 6:49am On Oct 07, 2016
If you are among the living this morning have you Said Thank You to Jesus

Because God has been faithful to me to make me to be among the living I'm saying Good morning to you all

Whoever you are and wherever you are do have a wonderful day ahead

I love you all,

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by hrykanu231(m): 6:50am On Oct 07, 2016
Some companies are even using. UK in Nigeria. Ask my brothers who do local and international business with nairabet.
Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by israel90: 6:50am On Oct 07, 2016
if we copy other country you complain if didnt you still complain na wa o
Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by AYOOZI(m): 6:54am On Oct 07, 2016
does these evn mean a thing
Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by Nasa28(m): 6:58am On Oct 07, 2016
Someone should answer OP ...I think he asked a good question.

Nice one @op
Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by D34lw4p(m): 7:01am On Oct 07, 2016
smiley
Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by GoodGodGoodGod: 7:01am On Oct 07, 2016
wu dt 1 eoo
Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by Taeewo(m): 7:06am On Oct 07, 2016
Wetin
Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 07, 2016
excanny:

.ng should be stopped? Really? Besides being expensive I don't see any other reasons why .ng should be stopped. Even UK has .uk selling on Godaddy. SA has co.za and .za too. In domaining, it is widely believed that the shorter a name or extension is, the better. But then, I'd like to understand your point because I've noticed Google prefer to use Google.com.ng instead of Google.ng which they also own. , Konga.com.ng, , Cheapflights.com.ng - all these big websites prefer to use the com.ng extension instead of the .ng which is shorter.
.com means Commercial, well it's probably the reason why .com.ng is preferred among commercial websites. For me, I really like the .ng extension and like I stated earlier, the only downside is that it's price is on the high side. If Nira should drop the price, I'm pretty sure millions of the available names for .ng will be snapped up within few years. A lot of Nigerian offline businesses are beginning to claim their spot online.

8 Likes

Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 07, 2016
.com.ng is easier to pronounce.

1 Like

Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by Officialkenshin(m): 7:09am On Oct 07, 2016
Can't we just be different for once must we follow follow people all the time. Na wa

1 Like

Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 07, 2016
what is the difference
Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by ourkobo: 7:24am On Oct 07, 2016
Op eh

Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by excanny: 7:32am On Oct 07, 2016
Northmall:

.ng should be stopped? Really? Besides being expensive I don't see any other reasons why .ng should be stopped. Even UK has .uk selling on Godaddy. SA has co.za and .za too. In domaining, it is widely believed that the shorter a name or extension is, the better. But then, I'd like to understand your point because I've noticed Google prefer to use Google.com.ng instead of Google.ng which they also own. , Konga.com.ng, , Cheapflights.com.ng - all these big websites prefer to use the com.ng extension instead of the .ng which is shorter.
.com means Commercial, well it's probably the reason why .com.ng is preferred among commercial websites. For me, I really like the .ng extension and like I stated earlier, the only downside is that it's price is on the high side. If Nira should drop the price, I'm pretty sure millions of the available names for .ng will be snapped up within few years. A lot of Nigerian offline businesses are beginning to claim their spot online.

Clearly stated in my first post. It doesn't show what type of entity it is.
Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 07, 2016
Northmall:

uncle check your mail..
Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 07, 2016
excanny:

Clearly stated in my first post. It doesn't show what type of entity it is.

Sorry, I just reread. There you have your point but that isn't a valid reason why the .ng extension should be stopped. Every other country has an extension similar to our .ng http://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/topleveldomains/countrycodeA-E.asp

1 Like

Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 07, 2016
smithsydny:
uncle check your mail..
Please resend sir. Or reply mine
Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by Rexnegro(m): 7:55am On Oct 07, 2016
@op we Are us and they re them...if they can't copy us let our domains be any dot whatever we want.

2 Likes

Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by jtwest(m): 7:59am On Oct 07, 2016
Me sef go park here dey observe wen d answer go come!
N.B this land is not for sale, beware of my son bashiru
Re: Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng by Chartey(m): 8:22am On Oct 07, 2016
.com.gh in Ghana and in some other countries too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Usa Phone Verification Services With Text Sms / How Do I Upload A Video On Nairaland / 16 Benefits Of Dating A Blogger -9jaflaver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.