Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,155 members, 7,835,849 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Jonathan’s ADC Sues EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s ADC Sues EFCC (544 Views)

Patience Jonathan Sues EFCC For N200m / 32 SANs Accompany Rickey Tarfa To Court, Sues EFCC For N2.5billion / Saraki: Kennedy Izuagbe Sues EFCC To Prevent Arrest (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s ADC Sues EFCC by maestro2000(m): 12:36am On Feb 25, 2016
AN Aide de Camp (ADC) to the former President Goodluck Jonathan, Col. Ojogbane Adegbe, has sued the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for his alleged detention.

Adegbe, in the suit filed at the Federal High Court, through his counsel, Chief Ogwu Onoja (SAN), is claiming N100 million damages for his detention, which, he said, violated his fundamental rights.

Onoja urged the court to declare that his client’s arrest and continued detention by EFCC since February 11, was unconstitutional and violated his right to personal liberty guaranteed by the 1999 Constitution.

He urged the court to make an order directing EFCC to immediately release the applicant from “unlawful detention”.

Onoja argued that the arrest and detention of Adegbe violated his right to personal liberty and freedom of movement guaranteed by Section 35 and 41 of the 1999 Constitution.

The applicant’s counsel contended that the EFCC’s action violated Articles 5, 6 and 12 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights.

The case has been fixed for February 26 for hearing.
Re: Jonathan’s ADC Sues EFCC by Raphael81(m): 1:19am On Feb 25, 2016
source? or na copy nd paste?
Re: Jonathan’s ADC Sues EFCC by tafabaloo(m): 2:06am On Feb 25, 2016
Kkk now.
Re: Jonathan’s ADC Sues EFCC by Chigold101(m): 3:53am On Feb 25, 2016
Okay... He will soon withdraw the suit. EFCC & FG are not interested in obeying our constitution or court order. So these guys are just wasting money, time, energy, ink, paper & fuel.
Re: Jonathan’s ADC Sues EFCC by naijagobetter(m): 4:30am On Feb 25, 2016
make him go ask ricky tarfa and mtn how far i laugh in kaningkon
Re: Jonathan’s ADC Sues EFCC by Mynd44: 5:36am On Feb 25, 2016

(1)

See Explosives Recovered From Boko Haram In Borno (photos) / Breaking: DSS Releases Alleged Biafra Sponsor Victor Umeh / If I Were President Buhari, I Would Slash My Salary And Allowances By 75%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.