Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,332 members, 7,857,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 02:10 PM

Nigeria’s Survival Depends On Agriculture – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Survival Depends On Agriculture – Buhari (528 Views)

Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo / Nigeria’s Economic Survival Depends On Agriculture- PMB / WOW!!!! I’m In A Hurry To Develop Agriculture – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Survival Depends On Agriculture – Buhari by janzguy: 2:04am On Feb 25, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that with the decline in revenues from crude oil exports, Nigeria’s hope of economic resurgence lies in the rapid development of its agricultural and solid mineral resources.

He said his administration was fully committed to increasing the productivity of Nigeria’s agriculture and solid minerals sectors to save the nation from the harsh effects of
dwindling crude oil prices.

According to a statement on Wednesday by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the President spoke in Riyadh on Tuesday at a meeting he had with leading members of the Council of Saudi Arabia’s Chambers of Commerce and Industry.

Inviting Saudi Arabian businessmen to invest in both agriculture and solid minerals, the President said that his
administration would welcome greater foreign investment in support of its efforts to rapidly diversify the Nigerian economy.

He regretted that the country had depended too much on crude oil exports to the neglect of other resources.

www.punchng.com/nigerias-survival-depends-on-agric-buhari/
Re: Nigeria’s Survival Depends On Agriculture – Buhari by janzguy: 2:04am On Feb 25, 2016
Re: Nigeria’s Survival Depends On Agriculture – Buhari by kilokeys(m): 2:13am On Feb 25, 2016
Then start.... Dont just talk.. Morons..

Cos of OBJ's passion and supposed interest in agriculture.. I made the biggest mistake of my youth..

Reading, Agricultural Engineering. (food processing and storage). The concept of making produce available in same or other forms all year round..

If I read a less demanding, non science course.. Ill be way ahead..

We keep talking and talking and planning and planning without implementation.

Ahn ahn.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Survival Depends On Agriculture – Buhari by DickDastardly(m): 3:01am On Feb 25, 2016
Will your AK47 totting Fulani Herdsmen brothers allow us When they keep on destroying people's farms with your open support Buhari is a 21st century joke and a presidential anormally that needs to be remedied asap! cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Survival Depends On Agriculture – Buhari by Toosure70: 3:07am On Feb 25, 2016
Better let us face cassava as Thailand faces rice.
Re: Nigeria’s Survival Depends On Agriculture – Buhari by Pavarottii(m): 3:36am On Feb 25, 2016
I pity Nigerians that believe this LIAR.

1. That's why u went to be minister of Petroleum abi, where we're u nt minister of Agric.

2. That's why u budgeted low for Agric in ur budget of corruption.

3. That's why u still allocated money to search for oil in Chad basin.

Misplaced priority.m
Pls tell me another Lie, Buhari.
We are wiser now.

God bless GEJ n Adeshina for their beautiful work on Agric. If only Buhari followed through with much seriousness n good budget. Our diversification will be on a good track. Now u av wasted good 10months. Puting all sector on hold due to ur incompetency.

God help us.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Survival Depends On Agriculture – Buhari by Chigold101(m): 3:45am On Feb 25, 2016
Buhari should be ashame of himself for saying this. Tell me which government that has not said the same thing.
OBJ tried to do something about it but as a self centered leader he focused on making himself rich through agriculture.

We all know GEJ‘s effort in agriculture. He introduced all round farming in the north through his minister of agriculture.
He even attracted big rice farmers into Nigeria. His policy on agriculture was well known.

Today nobody knows what Bubu is doing. He goes about like Ajala making coments just so that he can collect some peanut loan.

It is cos of GEJ‘s style & structure that today in my state Anambra, we now eat rice produced here.

Last christmas gift Obiano gave to civil servants are Anambra rice.

In my house today, i eat Anambra rice. Very good, so sweet & with sweet aroma.

Bubu should STOP TALKING & START WORKING.
Re: Nigeria’s Survival Depends On Agriculture – Buhari by emahliz01(f): 3:46am On Feb 25, 2016
Then what has the so call Mr president done about improving the agricultural sector?
Re: Nigeria’s Survival Depends On Agriculture – Buhari by M4gunners: 4:02am On Feb 25, 2016
I smell another lie.Even if oil is sold for 4, it will still remain Nigeria number one source of income.
Re: Nigeria’s Survival Depends On Agriculture – Buhari by likila: 4:33am On Feb 25, 2016
so why are you spending 2 trillion dollars to look for oil in lake tchad?
Re: Nigeria’s Survival Depends On Agriculture – Buhari by Pavore9: 4:40am On Feb 25, 2016
kilokeys:
Then start.... Dont just talk.. Morons..

Cos of OBJ's passion and supposed interest in agriculture.. I made the biggest mistake of my youth..

Reading, Agricultural Engineering. (food processing and storage). The concept of making produce available in same or other forms all year round..

If I read a less demanding, non science course.. Ill be way ahead..

We keep talking and talking and planning and planning without implementation.

Ahn ahn.

How can you regret acquiring knowledge in food processing and storage? You don't know what you have got because l do wish l studied such!

(1) (Reply)

Read The Reason Why 76 Boko Haram Nembers Willingly Surrenders To Nigeria Army / Agatu Killings Vs Gbaramatu Military Occupation: The Irony Of National Unity / Pix. How To Be A Rogue Opposition - PDP Wailers On Lai Mohammed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.