Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Naira Depreciates To N355/$ - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Depreciates To N355/$ (45288 Views)

Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action / CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ / Naira Depreciates To N375/$ In Parallel Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Depreciates To N355/$ by pastormellanby: 10:22pm On Feb 25, 2016
I am still luking for an intelligent reply all that am seeing is ignorant people who doesn't know anything about demand and supply, I see bitterness DAT can never be erazed in d heart of some people who did not vote for the president but the only thing they think of is to place the problems of their fore fathers on him.

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N355/$ by Jumizie13(f): 11:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
Nwaisuochi:
My friend, go outside and play with your mates. U think say this na nursery school?

All u diz small boys forming baba for nl, d thunder wey go fire u still dey train for sango place.

Mr higher institution, how was school today
Re: Naira Depreciates To N355/$ by Jumizie13(f): 11:03pm On Feb 25, 2016
piagetskinner:
That's the official CBN rate...
okay.

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N355/$ by butterflyeffect4(m): 11:07pm On Feb 25, 2016
emymeeky:

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/naira-ends-2day-rally-depreciates-to-n355/
the only thing I think dat needs to be done is for our financial institutions to put heads together to find out " why" the naira Is depreciating against d dollar with a lesser concentration on d dollar itself. this will go a long way as to find the cause.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N355/$ by aloeman15(m): 11:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
lastpage:

Parallel market price is affecting illicit business men, criminals in short!
People whose business are criminal in nature hence they cannot go to a Bank and fill Form-M, to get Dollar at the official rate.

if your Business is GENUINE, you will be very happy now, cos you can fill your Form-M and then collect your Dollars from the CBN at #199.

Anyway, like the poster said, most of these #WAILERS have never even seen how a One Dollar bill looks like, talk of owning one!
grin grin

Lastpage!
Nigeria Air Force can't get parts for jets, egbin power plant can't get dollars for parts. You're here dishing out insults like you have sole rights to being foul- mouthed; as if that were an aspiration of yours...
Tell me, what actions of buhari would you say were wrong since he took over?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To N355/$ by ApexTitan(m): 12:03am On Feb 26, 2016
TheSunSon:

Is Ubah your president?? He has only shown and proven that truly he can achieve his claims,if Nigeria wants his services then they should do the needful.

And how has Ubah proven anything?

I'm sure you will also accept that 2+2=22 because in this case you are convinced, without any evidence or shred of logic, that forex rates can be controlled arbitrarily by one individual.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To N355/$ by zurine(f): 12:14am On Feb 26, 2016
wow
Re: Naira Depreciates To N355/$ by missberthalizgh(f): 12:25am On Feb 26, 2016
lol na wah oh

3 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To N355/$ by Built2last: 12:43am On Feb 26, 2016
Stelvin101:

My guy this your article sweet me make i nor lie but you dey forget certain problems attributed to this dollar palava we are in. corruption dey one side dey look us for face with big smile, nepotism dey dia, tribalism nko e tander for dia, religious wahala yanfu yanfu. Where Nigeria as a country wan start from? We nova even fit love ourselves as one regardless of what tribe ur next door neighbor is? The funniest part of this problem no one is seeing is that banks are happy because they are making serious profit and they know they are the cause of this problem. It took me thorough thinking to understand banks are the problem.

I am interested in this your postulation that banks are the problem. Please educate my learned mind.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N355/$ by Ugosample(m): 12:55am On Feb 26, 2016
GeneralShepherd:
Forex is hardly ever steady! Even the dollar and the pound, this is a known fact.

However, the instability of the naira is unprecedented, over the past three decades Naira has maintained a steady downward trend at an average 12% per annum.

Given this reality, I believe it is time for us to swallow pill of not just devaluing the Naira but allowing market forces to determine it's price. This will eliminate the parallel market, currency speculation and rent seeking.

Lastly, I want to stress that anyone blaming PMB alone for the fate of the naira is being unfair. PMB is not the sharpest tool in the toolbox but the blame should be equally distributed to all past Nigerian leaders!

They are all dumb,clueless and irresponsible. All of them!

God bless you!

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To N355/$ by ccaramel(f): 5:26am On Feb 26, 2016
fortune1968:
Ranting of an ant
Are you more intelligent than the President ?
There are tons of ordinary citizens more intelligent than the President. Common.
He made perfect sense with his comment. PMB is not an economist or an expert in this area.
Ps- I'm a staunch APC supporter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates To N355/$ by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 7:05am On Feb 26, 2016
Abokis making much money while the rest r crying, we no longer buy things cheep no more even pure water now nah 15 naira, TV of 50 k now 75k, even ac now nah from 80k mhhhhhh 2019 loading.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N355/$ by mrwiddy(m): 10:17am On Feb 26, 2016
EgusiSoup:
When would the dullard and all the APC e-diots on this forum have sense? undecided

Anybody that voted for Buhari in the last election needs to has his brain checked!
hmmmm......
as crazy as d name implies, egusi soup,isn't it dat stew made wt mad melons
Re: Naira Depreciates To N355/$ by rotimioceans(m): 12:25pm On May 01, 2016
olucege:
if you all read through, you would see that it's an article from the vanguard of Tuesday, meaning it does not reflect the current state of the naira.

It is very hard to argue against those saying Buhari and his crew are incompetent but knows this, the difference in exchange rate of naira at the Official & Parallel market - https://naijapricecheck.com/ is unreal and not good for imports, but the fact remains that that amount doesn't really represent the true value of the Naira.
The super-high black market value today is partly due to a deliberate hoarding of forex by the FG/CBN in order to deprive/discourage Nigerians from their thirst for foreign goods and foreign leisure trips; the actual value of the Naira at the moment should be in the range of N250 - N280.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Spotted A Bottle Of Pepsi On Konga Today / Femi Otedola And Tony Elumelu In Handshake Photo / Femi Otedola Celebrates His Only Son, Fewa Otedola, On His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.