Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing (17214 Views)

Kogi State University Sent Their Medical Students Packing From Their Hostel / UI May Withdraw 580 100 Level Students For Poor Academic Performance / 10 Causes Of Poor Academic Performance In School – Most Students Never Admit #8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by Godspearl(f): 1:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
Tsunami list...

1 Like

Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by dinggle: 1:59pm On Feb 26, 2016
This is good for both sides. We need more schools to do this....that way students and parents can decide early if higher education is for them. The affected students can also quickly change to their field and make better of their lives rather than waiting extended yrs to make today's choice.

1 Like

Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by Godspearl(f): 2:00pm On Feb 26, 2016
serendipityF:
Tsunami thingz
confirm that's what we call it

2 Likes

Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
Its not the end of the world for them, they can try vocational studies, if they re focused they will still become something.

Varsities arent the only source of knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by Cetona(f): 2:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Nice one,please the school should put names so the parents can know what's up,cos some of this students will still keep on collecting money from home!!!
The school updates their names on its website.
Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by tanteta(m): 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
What a pity
Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by Shaadey: 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by Cetona(f): 2:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
mrtantalizers:
so what next for them? I feel their pains. I'm sure not all of them are unserious. so are just not too sound academically. they just wan pple to say they also went to UI. sorry
And some are just unserious. I have a classmate (400level) who refused to write two exams in first semester, he also didn't go with us for fieldwork (a 5 unit course). On top of it all, he didn't resume second semester and he was seen around in school.
Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by Enesi47: 2:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
Kudo to U.I for send those iphone6 students packed
Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by bigval(m): 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2016
Tsunami, during my time, they sent about 90 summfin away from just faculty if agric

1 Like

Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by SimplyWale(m): 2:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
We call it Tsunami here mehn...

1 Like

Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by tbliss22(m): 2:35pm On Feb 26, 2016
Nice one!!! I really love a school with great dignity and discipline.
Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by binsanni(m): 2:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
Jesus christ.. Final year no b beans an bread oh :oJesus christ.. Final year no b beans an bread oh
Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by puntbiz: 2:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
unilorin sends over 2000 new students packing every session, for failing to meet the crossing GP
Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by OkoAnike(m): 2:59pm On Feb 26, 2016
serendipityF:
Tsunami thingz
GREATEST of The GREATEST UITES... I rep 2012.

3 Likes

Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by OkoAnike(m): 3:00pm On Feb 26, 2016
serendipityF:
Tsunami thingz
U must be a UITES.
GREATEST of The GREATEST UITES... I rep 2012.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by BeauHomme: 3:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
dammytosh:
How many Nairalanders dey dia.

Becos with the way some of this children dey comment, u go know say dem no get sense and dem no know book. grin grin grin

gringringrin
Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by nepapole(m): 3:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
Na same pipl go still become senators tomo.. D ones Wey remain skul go dey work for Dem.
Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by Ramanto(m): 3:14pm On Feb 26, 2016
mrtantalizers:
so what next for them? I feel their pains. I'm sure not all of them are unserious. so are just not too sound academically. they just wan pple to say they also went to UI. sorry
I don't think any one that deservedly got admitted should be a victim of this. the victims are products of miracle centres
Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by BeauHomme: 3:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
UI and her annual tsunami.

No more Idia 103 & Queens 101 for some fellas. And those girls that never allowed Kuti hall's A block & C block rest.

I pray those involved handle the situation properly and still forge on to greater heights

2 Likes

Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by Ramanto(m): 3:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
if u did jamb and post utme on your own, you won't be a victim
Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by ibadanfinest(m): 3:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
puntbiz:
unilorin sends over 2000 new students packing every session, for failing to meet the crossing GP

That shows how poor the schools admission process is.

I know the annual tsunami will not stop, but mind you, UI admission process is the best, it is largely based on merit regardless of your state of origin.

Bunk of those 97 students are those who feel they dont like the course given to them and have taken another jamb for another course in another school

I still remember one guy wey we dey call tsunami for zik hall,

I miss Zik hall
I miss UI

3 Likes

Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by Bluffly: 3:48pm On Feb 26, 2016
FreemanDave:
Thats good. Most will see the bad and not the good in this.

I see a bad in this. The bad I see in this is that how did some get to final year before they were asked to packed their bags and baggages. In a forward thinking institution, Your grades in Year should determine if you would move to year two and so on. I you are able to move to year two and culdn't move ahead after a retake, the student should be awarded a Diploma and then asked to leave. Same goes for masters where they can issue a PG cert, PG Diploma and Masters
Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by temmydee181(m): 5:05pm On Feb 26, 2016
hw dem take qet admission in d first plc sef *Odindi UI*
Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by Archmage(m): 5:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
ibadanfinest:

That shows how poor the schools admission process is.

I know the annual tsunami will not stopped, mind you UI admission process is the best, it is largely based on merit regardless of your state of origin.

Bunk of those 97 students are those who feel they do t like the course given and have taken another jamb for another course in another school

I still remember one guy wey we dey call tsunami for zik hall,

I miss Zik hall
I miss UI
ever conscious Zikiiiiiiiiite!
I miss maracana, Iya solo, boluid, flava, B block basement. I miss everything. The memories are golden.
Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by ibadanfinest(m): 5:26pm On Feb 26, 2016
Archmage:
I miss maracana, Iya solo, boluid, flava, B block basement. I miss everything. The memories are golden.

Iya solo o. I queue for indomie ehn, the queue dey always long especially when champions league dey.
Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by femxy1993(m): 6:23pm On Feb 26, 2016
Opistorincos:
wil they refund their school fess too??

No knowledge is a waste bro.
Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by AderibigbeAAA(m): 6:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
Archmage:

U no miss West side

U no your journey to Queens Halll
U no miss all your Idia, Awo customers
U no miss that your razz C block

U no miss Lagbaja

u no miss Elder BJ

U no Miss Iya Grace Moimoi

U no miss Black Market

U no miss Bertrand Printing Shop

1 Like

Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by AderibigbeAAA(m): 6:26pm On Feb 26, 2016
ibadanfinest:

Iya solo o. I queue for indomie ehn, the queue dey always long especially when champions league dey.

Iya Solo Help me Fry 2 Egg with 60naira bread.. I go come collect am by Half time

1 Like

Re: Poor Academic Performance: UI Sends 97 Students Packing by easygoer: 6:35pm On Feb 26, 2016
pathetic!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNILAG Post-UME / FUTMINNA Suspends Academic Activities, Students To Vacate Campus / Jamb Unveils New Guidelines For 2017 Utme | Requirements To Start A Cbt Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.