Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Thank You PMB For Swallowing Your Pride - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thank You PMB For Swallowing Your Pride (876 Views)

Aisha Buhari Helps Ex-Soldier In Maiduguri Who Made A Video Asking PMB For Help / The Niger Delta Thanks Pmb For Choosing Ameachi / Thank You PMB For Heeding To My Call For Disposal Of The Presidential Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank You PMB For Swallowing Your Pride by fancyupage(f): 9:51am On Feb 26, 2016
I was happy to read in Punch newspaper today the 26th of February 2016, that PMB has agreed to an economic conference. Even though I will prefer to call it a n"ational economic brainstorming session", the most important thing is for the conference to come up with an agreed strategy to move the nation forward from this economic mess.

Clearly, for PMB to have accepted to convey this conference, it is an acceptance of failure of Buharinomics. It seems to me he is a "leader in training" as far as economics is concern.

PMB cannot change the rules of economics, it did not work in Venezuela, it will never work in Nigeria.

The last time I checked the list of strategies to move a nation forward, I did not see,

Wishful thinking, aggression, anger, adamancy and ignorance.

We cannot control the price of a product we do not have "control" of its supply in the face of an increase in demand.

Conclusively, I hope this brainstorming session (Oh forgive me, economic conference) will produce a concise and implementable strategic document that will work for Nigeria rather than a Google copy and paste strategic document. Clearly it will take years for us to get to eldorado, however, the journey (ROADMAP FOR GROWTH) to our paradise must start very soon and until it starts and we maintain the path, we will go round in circles.
Re: Thank You PMB For Swallowing Your Pride by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:25am On Feb 26, 2016
You would have driven your points well if you didn't resort to hate and anger. It just shows that no matter what, you will keep hating on PMB. Well being a leader is no easy task and if you have taken to any leadership position then you will understand that you cant just say yes to everything because you want to be a good leader.

If only you didn't resort to hate speech in your write up, you would have made a better point. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thank You PMB For Swallowing Your Pride by fancyupage(f): 11:38am On Feb 26, 2016
Thanks for your feedback, just not sure what is hate speech in the write up. Might help if you point it out then I may improve. For me I don't lick arse, I am straight talking but I don't insult.
ULSHERLAN:
You would have driven your points well if you didn't resort to hate and anger. It just shows that no matter what, you will keep hating on PMB. Well being a leader is no easy task and if you have taken to any leadership position then you will understand that you cant just say yes to everything because you want to be a good leader.

If only you didn't resort to hate speech in your write up, you would have made a better point. Thanks
I do not hate PMB, I still can't see any hatred in the write up, except you meant he should never be criticised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thank You PMB For Swallowing Your Pride by tuniski: 12:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
The economic crisis has worsen cos of wasted time. They want to waste further time talking nothing new! This crisis is not unique in nigeria's history it is only the worst. And globally it is an old recurrence. Why not just have economic team sound enuff and chose a direction,why?

The govt needs an economic team with steel not this expediency summit. I am pained cos it simply confirmed buhari/apc to never actually have any clue or blue print just propaganda!
Re: Thank You PMB For Swallowing Your Pride by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 12:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
If what d op said is truth, then it's a welcum development.
But meeting shud not turn to a picture jamboree as usual
Re: Thank You PMB For Swallowing Your Pride by Localamos(m): 10:42am On Mar 05, 2016
tuniski:
The economic crisis has worsen cos of wasted time. They want to waste further time talking nothing new! This crisis is not unique in nigeria's history it is only the worst. And globally it is an old recurrence. Why not just have economic team sound enuff and chose a direction,why?

The govt needs an economic team with steel not this expediency summit. I am pained cos it simply confirmed buhari/apc to never actually have any clue or blue print just propaganda!

You spoilt your nice opinion with the ending part where you expressed dismay about blueprint/propaganda. What did you expect? Its always like that - nicely articulated manifesto and probably 'genuine' intent. But reality sets in after assuming office. Unanticipated economic dimensions set in, conflict of settling party loyalists, in addition to inherited issues.

But truly, what we need is a sound economic team (a select group of economic think tanks), rather than an economic summit (which sounds like an.attempt by government to play to the gallery).

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I’m 16, Ese Can’t Be 17 –ese's Elder Brother, Onome / BEDC Declares War On Edo People / APC Zombies Be Like "I Woke Up In The New Bugharri!!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.