Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? (49602 Views)

BBC Team Visits Olajumoke Orisaguna, Interviews Her At Home (photos,video) / Olajumoke Spotted Sharing Bread & Butter To People On The Street(pics,video) / Olajumoke, Her Husband & Manager, Victoria Nkong Step Out In Style (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by oluwadanie1(m): 12:09pm On Feb 26, 2016
Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? By Ishola Kayode

In this era where there is an “unjust” pontification on Beauty over the brain, one needs to wonder a little the trends that preceded and made things turn that way.

Its a common thing to see people who made success in the fashion, entertainment, modelling and many other relevant industries that will be placed in the “beauty” category being giving more than enough kudos and attention.

The story of Bread seller turned model Olajumoke and most recently the first Unilag graduate to have hit the much coveted “perfect distinction” of 5.0. Their cases can be said to be a perfect and the most relevant example of the beauty and the brain.

When Olajumoke was discovered, her life took a total turn around. She got the most media attention. She got a new and fresh apartment, was reunited with her hobby, got an interview on CNN, became a motivational speaker, has featured in numerous photo shoots just to remain in the news…and a myriad of other motivations and rewards. Her benefactor,T.Y bello also featured in the show as many “Nigerians” kept showering praises on her…her act also prompted some celebrities to follow suit in turning around lives..

Yesterday, the University of Lagos unveiled their record setting graduate… Who hit the target by attaining a 5.0 CGPA. This guy failed to get less than an A in all his numerous courses throughout his undergraduate years. That’s a hell of achievement and as usual the media is reporting it but not like that of the Breadseller turned Model’s story..Why? That’s because Nigerians will become adamant and hypocritic judge instantly cause his success was not inspired by a notable celebrity. No T.Y Bello, Olamide, Don Jazzy, Lindaikeji in his story..Hmm, No interviews on CNN, so far it’s been just a mention on NTA. No photoshoots (Lolz..that may not be necessary though), No academic oriented firm or NGO is reporting or commending him “visibly” plus the fact that some folks are commonising this laudable feat and making dumb cracks with it..

Anyway, this is not the first time this beauty and the brain ratings is taking the space and as usual, we all know which will win..

Just that I feel if we want to develop as a nation, I mean if we wanna leave the stage of the developing nations to the developed ones..We need to reward and promote people with the brain. Not forgetting that if we fail to honour them, we are deterring hardworking and excellence in the Academic niche and its takes little time for the consequences to manifest in our Nation.

http://kaybaba.com/is-beauty-more-rewarding-than-the-brain-in-nigeria-olajumoke-and-unilags-5-0-graduate/

58 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by umehmj(m): 12:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
one thing is certain though: when a girl, lady, woman has beauty without brains, the private part always suffer the most. *yawns....shuts down system and goes for a lunch break *

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by cruzita(f): 12:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
well in Nigeria ,things work differently here

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by kingofchess(m): 12:42pm On Feb 26, 2016
this is 9ja

1 Like

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by CaroLyner(f): 1:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
yess..theres so many advantages when you're pretty.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by CaptaiinG(m): 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
What do you expect? When the best student would be given a laptop and a school bag and the most beautiful girl would be given a car and she tours round the world, Education in Nigeria is a scam.. ..

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by siegfried99(m): 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
You just have to encourage yourself in Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by obaiIaIa(m): 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
Why buhari and him son mumu like this nau?? Dullard for Africa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by petux(m): 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
Brain is more rewarding. d u know hw many pple qo don browse dose qirls internet b4 they get d fame.....derez ntin movitating me in diz olajumoke story. BTW, where is they BEAUTY??

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by cutetopsey(f): 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
grin
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by Mcowubaba: 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ask kardarshains.....
Na today matter...

When I was in University, Mr nd Mrs SUG or face of this, face of that, miss hostel this, miss hostel, miss Carryover etc, are usually sponsored and supported by Big Companies who give them cars, money nd scholarship....

While Best Engine Drawing student which I was in my department in Year 1 got NOTHING, I REPEAT NOTHING..... Instead girls wanted to exploit me for my small knowledge in subsequent Exams...

This is just a small personal example, not that I am bragging (there is even nothing to brag about)

Overall best student in my department in year 1 also got NOTHING.... Not even Gold Circle sad or Golden Morn

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by scachy(m): 3:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
The answer is simple

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by eleojo23: 3:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
Seen
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by androsurf: 3:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
Just here to read comments lipsrsealed
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by moneybag100: 3:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
Why are you guys so fuc.ki.ng obsessed with Olajumoke rare success..stop hating this innocent girl and pray your time should come. Am tired of reading everyday counter thread about this girl..
Brain has paid 10000 times than beauty.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by VickyRotex(f): 3:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
Double Standard embarassed
Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by Jacko01: 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
D two of dem.. Wil each eat frm his own field... God is sufficient enuf to bless dem both... Both the hardworkin... D lucky.... D undeserving

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by Memphis357(m): 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
Mediocrity is the bane of Nigeria's problems

4 Likes

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
This Olajumoke story is now overhyped.
She is now a model, so what?

3 Likes

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by anonimi: 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
Yes.
Otherwise how many of the things we use in

- our homes
- our offices
- on our roads, railways
- our hospitals, clinics etc

are invented, fabricated, manufactured, maintained by us?
How many
That is why we shall remain SLAVES in perpetuity to other races, IF we don't change our VALUE system.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/294278_chinainafrica_jpgbd4ea16cc6391fffe329bb549e5ad537

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855404_fbimg1442168436118_jpeg3abf4555427b1803302e6b4f3ffbbb15

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by obasiken: 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
If I become the president of Nigeria, I will ban all beauty contest competitions and leave only one beauty pageant probably MBGN. Let ladies go and do more meaningful things other these vain and unproductive competitions.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by Vivly(f): 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
There should be no reason to compare both of them. There is no basis for that. They are both in different fields with different means and ends.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by ibkgab001: 3:14pm On Feb 26, 2016
And someone said he will delete his acct if news about jumoke reach front page again

I tell him woe unto him if he doesn't eemove his ID on NL haters of our time beefing success of our time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by cutetopsey(f): 3:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
looolllllzzzzzzz grin

I think this first class guy should be appreciated and celebrated more.

Cos CGPA 5.0 no be moinmoin and pap grin

15 Likes

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by YelloweWest: 3:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
Dumb folks... why compare both of them? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by DonBobes(m): 3:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
na because God neva pick him call.

1 Like

Re: Olajumoke Vs Daniel 5.0CGPA: Is Beauty More Rewarding Than The Brain In Nigeria? by Angeltoyo(f): 3:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
Pls, govtmt do d needful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From Olamide’s OLIC3 Concert (Olamide Live In Concert) Show / Juliet Ibrahim Crushing On Her Body Trainer , Shares Picture - Nigerians React / Bedridden Toyin Aimakhu Reaches Out To Her Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.