Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,553 members, 7,816,340 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Facebook Introduces Reactions Alongside Like Button - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Facebook Introduces Reactions Alongside Like Button (392 Views)

How Can I Recover My Hacked Facebook Account Alongside With My Phone Number? / My Wi-fi Button Refuses To Switch On. Pls Help / Is Shutting Down Via The Computer's Power Button Really Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Introduces Reactions Alongside Like Button by argon500: 1:56pm On Feb 26, 2016
Facebook's "like" button isn't going away, but it's about to get some company.

Facebook has been testing alternatives to "like" in about a half-dozen countries, including Ireland, Spain and Japan. On Wednesday, it will start making "haha," ''angry" and three other responses available in the U.S. and the rest of the world.

In changing a core part of Facebook — the 7-year-old "like" button has become synonymous with the social network — the company said it tried to keep things familiar. The thumbs-up "like" button will look just as it long has, without the other choices cluttering the screen or confusing people. You have to hold that button for a second or two for the alternatives to pop up.

Here are seven things to know about Facebook's latest feature, known as Reactions.

WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?

When a friend posts that his father has died, or a cousin gets frustrated with her morning commute, hitting "like" might seem insensitive. Users have long requested a "dislike" button, but that was deemed too negative and problematic. Are you disliking the death or the call for sympathy?

Facebook chose to offer more nuanced reactions — "love," ''haha," ''wow," ''sad" and "angry" — alongside "like" — to give users "greater control over their expressivity," says Julie Zhuo, Facebook's product design director.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/forum9ja/photos/a.402605389801267.90510.402595333135606/1077095065685626/?type=3&theater

(1) (Reply)

Tips To Start A Cyber Cafer Business Successfully In Nigeria / How To Enable Amd Overdrive And Overclock Your Graphics Card 2020. / Dell Latitude 5450 105k With 1th HDD 8gb Ram... AWOOF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.