Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,446 members, 7,843,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Ruggedman Embacks On 20-state Tour - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ruggedman Embacks On 20-state Tour (615 Views)

Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? / Ruggedman and Tuface (2Face) / Eedris Abdukareem or Ruggedman: Who Would You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruggedman Embacks On 20-state Tour by dammiecool(m): 9:31am On Jul 13, 2009
Ruggedman embacks on 20-state tour

When he started off with the Calabar show last month, many thought it was a flash in the pan but alas Michael Ugockukwu Stephens has spoken out that his label is set on a twenty state tour all heralding the release of his third and last album.

According to the singer who’s more popular by his moniker, Ruggedman, the ‘Ruggedman Live in Calabar Champagne n Hennessy night’ which featured Ruggedman, Wande Coal, MP and Ay.Com was only the beginning of an entire project. The whole idea is to check out possible locations for his 20 state tour.

The Calabar show packaged by Rugged Records in conjunction with TGI Titos Ltd held at the Pinnacle Bar n Night Club located inside the Mirage Hotel Calabar and exposed the guest acts to the Calabar audience as they (the artistes) had never performed in Calabar before then.

The crowd definitely got their moneys worth as each artist did their thing and it seemed the ladies could not get enough of the hot male artistes.

After the show, many moved to the Pinnacle club in the Marina resort for the after party.
The 30th of June was D-day for the Uyo crowd as the party moved to a joint called Lounge Uno. The rapper says that event organising is not new venture for Rugged Records.

He said “ I am not just delving into event organizing. I have been organising shows as far back as 2004 when I did a show tagged Naija Representing at the (now defunct) Do It All Night Club. It had a number of Naija acts including the JJC and 419 Squad who came in from UK.

I also started a promotional tour around Lagos that I tagged Project Area, on which I staged shows in different areas like Festac, Ikeja and the University of Lagos Teaching Hospital (LUTH)”.

The award winning rapper says he had a 7-state tour for the Ruggedy Baba album and even played football in Kaduna against the state team. Already states like Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Cross River and Akwa Ibom are sealed to be part of his 20-state tour itinerary.

Re: Ruggedman Embacks On 20-state Tour by ofokasibe: 10:17am On Jul 13, 2009
@dammie
all this one na story
what we need is a fcukin new album and a world class reply to death blow, until then u can shut up !
Re: Ruggedman Embacks On 20-state Tour by dammiecool(m): 10:37am On Jul 13, 2009
ofoka make u just cool down cool cheesy
Re: Ruggedman Embacks On 20-state Tour by javalove(m): 11:51am On Jul 13, 2009
abi oooo

we dont care aw much money u gave. . .if u like do show in the moon . . ut third album wid be madd flop if u dont reply to deathblow. . .
Re: Ruggedman Embacks On 20-state Tour by khanye(m): 12:03pm On Jul 13, 2009
ofokasibe:

@dammie
all this one na story
what we need is a[b] fcukin new album and a world class reply to death blow[/b], until then u can shut up !

E no fit! cool wink
Re: Ruggedman Embacks On 20-state Tour by ofokasibe: 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2009
@dammiecool
how do u expect me to cool down when my one time number one rapper is now scared of replying a simple hiphop challenge, dammie if u be ruggedy uncle grin tell him not to disgrace us. we are ashamed of being rugged fans if he doesnt reply deathblow soon. i am so ashamed of him.
Re: Ruggedman Embacks On 20-state Tour by khanye(m): 12:23pm On Jul 13, 2009
ofokasibe:

@dammiecool
how do u expect me to cool down when my one time number one rapper is now scared of replying a simple hiphop challenge, dammie if u be ruggedy uncle grin tell him not to disgrace us. we are ashamed of being rugged fans if he doesnt reply deathblow soon. i am so ashamed of him.

LWKM
Re: Ruggedman Embacks On 20-state Tour by dammiecool(m): 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2009
@java
deathblow was a failure  a reply is not neccesary
@ofoka
how many people felt deathblow in d naija entertainment world?
the failed coup de grace exist only on N/L cool
Re: Ruggedman Embacks On 20-state Tour by javalove(m): 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2009
Hmmmm

Talking To You was a success abi so he replied with Banging

He didnt have time to reply Banging but he had time to shoot a remix video

Rug Head Man is a faliure. . .

(1) (Reply)

Nu Kid-killa Musik-u Guyz Are Going 2 Love Dis / Who Is Hard X (watch Out For This Rnb Artist) / Who Has Heard Of Dis New Musician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.