Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,771 members, 7,831,478 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) (20241 Views)

Rechargeable Mobile Phone Charger By Shalom Science & Tech Academy Enugu Student / Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy / Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by vickjoeobi(m): 1:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
thamoswonder:
Cool labs but not standard to me sha

The School Has Eight (cool Laboratories
Basic Science Laboratory
Basic Technology Laboratory
Automobile Workshop
Electrical Workshop
Physics LAb
Chemistry Lab
Biology Lab
Agricultural Lab

He showed me that all the Lab/Workshop structures and affirmed that they will be ready based on equiping before school resumes in September 2016.

Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by massinola(m): 1:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
bebe2:

Very impressive,
I hope it's a private institution becos if it govt owned cry

I give it 5yrs max and u won't recognise that place any more
yea it's a private school that's owned by Dr and Dr Mrs Onu. the main campus is in nsukka. the guy at the centre is Toochukwu the first son of the couple. their schools are nothing short of standard. I passed through the mother school: shalom academy nsukka
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by vickjoeobi(m): 1:28pm On Feb 27, 2016
massinola:
that's my alma Mata. what he told is nothing far from the truth. Shalom academy is a place to be and gain standard education. I was there 2008 ..we can never be the last, kpatakpata na draw, but in all we always lead. try and visit the prototype in nsukka and see for yourself. that's Toochukwu in between,the young Don Di

Thanks Bro, i was Astonished during my Visit
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by oc2fish: 1:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
vickjoeobi:

It is the First School that studies only pure science and Technology from JSS1 - SS3. Please tell me another school that does that lemme go and confirm with their facilities.

Nop their is one science school in Ibadan. Cant remember the name now.
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by faaz24: 1:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
Alexander001:
1st science and technology school? funny
Very funny....Govt Sci Tech college, Farfaru-sokoto was founded in 1954 as Arts & Crafts College, later renamed Govt sec Tech Sch before its present name

OP do u mean to say 1st private science and technology sch ?
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by vickjoeobi(m): 2:02pm On Feb 27, 2016
oc2fish:
[/color]

[color=#006600]Am Serious Bro, this period is so free for me to tour around and i wouldnt mind visiting bro. Thanks for the Info
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by vickjoeobi(m): 2:09pm On Feb 27, 2016
faaz24:

Very funny....Govt Sci Tech college, Farfaru-sokoto was founded in 1954 as Arts & Crafts College, later renamed Govt sec Tech Sch before its present name

OP do u mean to say 1st private science and technology sch ?

Do they study only science and Technology with Practicals from JSS1? Thats why i think the school is different.

Alternatively, it can be said to be the First Private Science and Technology Scondary School in Nigeria.
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by cutekhalifa(m): 2:22pm On Feb 27, 2016
www.igboamaka.org

Anambra is rocking Enugu is chilling Abia is counter-attacking IMO. is balling Ebonyi is grooving

proudly 5%

grin cheesy grin
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by tochstorm(m): 2:40pm On Feb 27, 2016
busuyem:
Great adventure. At least this will bring on some jobless nigerians' tables.
actually I couldn't make sense of your comment.
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by Alexander001(m): 2:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
vickjoeobi:

It is the First School that studies only pure science and Technology from JSS1 - SS3. Please tell me another school that does that lemme go and confirm with their facilities.
we have up to 7 unity FSTC in the country. But from JSS makes them exceptional.
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by shepherd77: 2:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
Alexander001:
1st science and technology school? funny

I wonder too oh. I remember Wesley College of Science founded in 1905 undecided undecided
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by shepherd77: 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2016
oc2fish:
[color=#990000][/color]

Wesley College founded in 1905 grin grin
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by vickjoeobi(m): 3:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
Alexander001:
we have up to 7 unity FSTC in the country. But from JSS makes them exceptional.

You are right Sir, the JSS and most possibly the packaging makes them exceptional.

While I was on the tour, he explained that the automobile workshop for instance will have a full functional vehicle where the JSS1 students will begin by identifying car parts to knowing the various car issues and problems.

similar things also applies for the other labs/workshop which are practical based.

I wish all this happened during my school days, why I go dey find work?
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by lastmessenger: 3:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
I love this. Sincerely I love this.Kudos to the founders
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by 0955eb027(m): 3:31pm On Feb 27, 2016
are u sure dis s nt HOGWARTS? wink
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by vickjoeobi(m): 3:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
0955eb027:
are u sure dis s nt HOGWARTS? wink
Receive it bro. pls is not HOGWARTS
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 27, 2016
vickjoeobi:

School of science Ile ife

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by musicwriter(m): 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2016
@OP.

China has one of the largest manufacturing populace and industry because it grooms these experts from young.

That's true!. Not only China, but all developed countries like USA, Japan, Korean, Germany, UK, France, e.t.c.

You said you're unemployed, but in these countries you can't be unemployed after studying science, cause their economy run on science, not theoretical but practical science. You're unemployed because you've studied theories all the while in our school and can't create your own job.
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by vickjoeobi(m): 5:05pm On Feb 27, 2016
musicwriter:
@OP.

That's true!. Not only China, but all developed countries like USA, Japan, Korean, Germany, UK, France, e.t.c.

You said you're unemployed, but in these countries you can't be unemployed after studying science, cause their economy run on science, not theoretical but practical science. You're unemployed because you've studied theories all the while in our school and can't create your own job.

The one of the school is to develop independent and gear students towards self reliance.

The school develops the natural skills in students with Practical oriented science approach.

I believe they have a vision of bringing science practical down to grassroot. It is never too late.
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by Asiri1991: 5:38pm On Feb 27, 2016
Osun need one too.
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by 1felix(f): 11:40am On Feb 28, 2016
Pls which side in Enugu
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by vickjoeobi(m): 5:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
1felix:
Pls which side in Enugu

It is located in the regional hub of Enugu state precisely in industrial layout Emene, Opposite PRODA
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Shalom Science and Technology Academy (PICS) by adinoyiM(m): 6:42pm On Feb 29, 2016
Nice one

(1) (2) (Reply)

FUTA: Vice Chancellor, Bursar Docked For Over N156 Million Fraud(photos) / What Course Would You Have Studied Apart From Your Current Course / Jamb Utme 2011 Result Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.