Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Slowly, Jonathan’s Name Enters Dasukigate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Slowly, Jonathan’s Name Enters Dasukigate (864 Views)

Dasukigate: Dokpesi Got N2.1billion Through Due process - EFCC Witness / Dasukigate: EFCC To Arrest Jimi Agbaje In Port-harcourt - Elombah.com / Popular Female Blogger Recieved N240 Million From ‪#‎Dasukigate‬ ? SEE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Slowly, Jonathan’s Name Enters Dasukigate by Lazyreporta(m): 8:48am On Feb 27, 2016
The name of the former President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, is slowly but steadily being dragged into the $2.1bn arms scandal.

At the resumption of trial of Olisa Metuh, PDP spokesman, at the FCT High Court, government witnesses told the court that Metuh tore the statement he voluntarily made to the EFCC because he felt he had revealed to much and in the process, dragged the name of the former President into the arms deal saga.

Metuh, who is standing trial before the FCT High Court, was slammed with a three count charge of obstructing justice and destruction of government property.

Recall that Olisa Metuh was arrested by the EFCC on Tuesday January 5, following allegations that he received N1.4bn meant for the purchase of arms. During interrogation, Metuh was alleged to have torn his confessional statement, following which he was charged to court for destruction of government property.

Source.....http://lazyreporta.com/1768-2/

Re: Slowly, Jonathan’s Name Enters Dasukigate by KINGinVAHALA: 8:53am On Feb 27, 2016
Re: Slowly, Jonathan’s Name Enters Dasukigate by popesam1(m): 9:01am On Feb 27, 2016
Gobe is coming
Re: Slowly, Jonathan’s Name Enters Dasukigate by Osakah24(m): 9:22am On Feb 27, 2016
We are now AWAKE and on top of the WATCHTOWER
Re: Slowly, Jonathan’s Name Enters Dasukigate by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 27, 2016
Buhari, Apc, DSS, EFCC and the federal are all useless. Why dont buhari arrest GEJ if he's not afraid. Hopel.e.s.s, f.o*oli.sh, shameless and stupid buhari.
Re: Slowly, Jonathan’s Name Enters Dasukigate by AbleGodAlways: 10:33am On Feb 27, 2016
You wish
Re: Slowly, Jonathan’s Name Enters Dasukigate by Justiyke4u: 11:18am On Feb 27, 2016
Just imagine. You are interrogating a suspect on paper? What happens to recording during the interrogation at least it will capture the moment of tearing of the statement. What happens to CCTV cameras? I have noticed that the strength of most of the prosecution's cases lie in the confessional statement of the accused person without which the prosecution finds it real hard to secure conviction. Even the testimony of the witness looks like an extract from the nollywood movies. Okay he made a written statement on four pages of your statement form and tore the third page which means you still have pages 1,2 and 4 and I want to believe that page 3 is a continuation of page 2 and page 4 is a continuation of page 3 and then with page 2 and 4 you cannot show that page 3 is missing I think there is a disconnect somewhere.

From what am seeing here there is not enough evidence to secure conviction on the corruption charges and by securing conviction on the charge of destruction of evidence, the conviction will now serve as the missing evidence to sustain the charge on corruption.

I think what makes the case of prosecution is the investigation stage when according to the witness
( “When I was handing over the statement, the defendant said he
was surprised that he had written that much and that he felt he
had given too much information.
“Because of the comment, I was worried; I gave him the
statement sheets one after the other for endorsement. He
endorsed the first and second sheet, but he tore the third
sheet.) that should have kept your instinct alive and alert. I think there is a gap somewhere
Re: Slowly, Jonathan’s Name Enters Dasukigate by princemillla(m): 11:19am On Feb 27, 2016
Lol...... Abeg make una leav oga alone ooo

(1) (Reply)

We Deserve The Leaders We Have In Nigeria / ../// / Good, Indigenous Biafra Predict To Buhari And Buratai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.