Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Vegetable Soup recipe, edikaikong repackaged - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Vegetable Soup recipe, edikaikong repackaged (2235 Views)

The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe / The Best Edikaikong Soup Recipe / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Vegetable Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vegetable Soup recipe, edikaikong repackaged by scarletpearl(f): 7:49pm On Feb 27, 2016
visiting a friend, she decided she wants to learn my own method of cooking vegetable soup and egusi.
I say again variety is the spice of life. add it all once you love the end result.

ingredients
- water leave
- pumpkin leave (ugu)
- oziza leave (very small )
- bitter leave (very small)
- pepper
- tomatoes
- onion
- stock fish
- dry fish
- crayfish
- periwinkle
- cow skin (ponmo)
- palm oil
- seasoning
- meat
- locust beans (optional)

method of cooking step 1
- wash meat, stockfish, dryfish differently set aside
- wash ponmo,cut into tiny pieces
- wash water leave thoroughly with salt to remove slippery part set aside
- wash, cut ugu and oziza differently aside
then wash bitter leave thoroughly
- wash and grind pepper, tomatoes onion together shouldn't be smooth, set aside
- grind crayfish dry set aside.
- clean periwinkle set aside

method of cooking step 2
- put meat into a pot, season, (maggi,salt,curry,thyme, onion) put on the fire add water, cook for 25mins,
- then add stock fish and dry fish, into it leave to cook until meat is thoroughly cooked for another 15- 20mins
- place pot on the the fire,add palm oil, pour pepper,tomatoes and onion into oil, fry until very dry(no trace of water) for 15- 20 mins, add grinded crayfish, add locust beans, pour meat,dryfish, stockfish and meat stock allow to cook again until there is very little water/ almost no trace of water
- add ponmo
- add water leave allow for 5-7 minutes
- add ugu and oziza leave, bitter
- check for salt to know what quantity to add, then add salt and Maggi
- add periwinkle leave for 7-10 minutes and it's ready

NB
- you can add snail, shrimp and whatever meat u chose to put
- most people wouldn't put tomatoes into their leave soup, by frying thoroughly you wouldn't suspect there is tomatoes.

Re: Vegetable Soup recipe, edikaikong repackaged by Faith111: 3:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
Good one....
But how do you combine stockfish and tomato
Re: Vegetable Soup recipe, edikaikong repackaged by scarletpearl(f): 11:14pm On Feb 29, 2016
I have always use both, an it works excellently, u wouldn't suspect the existence of tomatoes due the frying. their work is different.

(1) (Reply)

See What Chinese Men Were Seen Buying & Eating On Toyin Street, Ikeja(pics / See The Tomatoes I And My Daughter Bought @ Deidei This Morning. / Do You Own A Restaurant Or Catering Business. Call For Website Design Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.