Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured (74002 Views)

'My Name Is Ogochukwu Maduako, I Am A Farmer And A Recycler" / A Farmer Proudly Displays His Harvest And Yam Barn / Ekpeye Fisherman Kills A Manatee In Rivers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Sexytemi(f): 7:30am On Feb 28, 2016
slytubadth:

I got the message but the construction was a bit off da road.

awww, not my fault really, that was how i'm tot to write pidgin, i write the way i say it.
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by maureen546: 7:31am On Feb 28, 2016
Sorry for d lost ooooh oga
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by sameniceguy(m): 7:40am On Feb 28, 2016
It's a pity. Sorry for the owner but please you guys should be sure that it is not bed flue or any other animal Virus.
People should desist from feeding on dead animals
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by mustybobo(m): 7:41am On Feb 28, 2016
So sorry for d loss...will advice yew take a foto shoot n invite ur insurance company n bank
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Gkemz: 7:47am On Feb 28, 2016
One man's food is another man's poison. One man's misfortune is an opportunity to the other man. Sorry owner for the loss.
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by kechywillz(m): 7:55am On Feb 28, 2016
The heat don melt the chickens
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by tjskii(f): 8:16am On Feb 28, 2016
herald9:
This is the time to install air conditioners in poultry farms...

Which light go dey power d ac
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Malakh: 8:17am On Feb 28, 2016
but you dont know how long the chicken has been dead,the way an animal dies depends on how you eat it....
freecocoa:
do you eat your chickens alive?
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by jikemania(m): 8:23am On Feb 28, 2016
Buhari and APC are the cause this massive heat grin. change
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by fikkybaby(f): 8:26am On Feb 28, 2016
ehyahhh so sowie,let me quickly put an a/c in my farm ooo cos, me am not ready for stories that touch d heart,
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Paulpenny(m): 8:31am On Feb 28, 2016
Vanquay:
I BLAME OBASANJO AND BUHARI

Still don't understand the reasoning of the Zombies that voted for a dictator whom's 2nd in charge(Tunde Idiagbon) was the one running strings.

To add insult to the provblem, Fela criticized him and yet y'all went in droves voting him in shocked

Please, what's the stigma attached to eating dead animals that didn't go through a sharp knife?

Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 28, 2016
Hope is not bird flue because it is. Around the corner
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by FuckTheMod: 8:33am On Feb 28, 2016
herald9:
This is the time to install air conditioners in poultry farms...
And you will power it with air abi
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by harsysky(m): 8:41am On Feb 28, 2016
What if heat dey kill person, wetin go be difference between PHCN and Rev. KING?
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Fundango: 8:54am On Feb 28, 2016
Alejhandro:
I'm not surprised. The heat these days fit kill person let alone chicken.
in my own end here the weather still looks cool,so by next month we would all feel the heat wave together.
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Lexusgs430: 9:07am On Feb 28, 2016
Installation of air conditioning for poultry business for the chickens is a must!!!!
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by franconian: 9:39am On Feb 28, 2016
ChappyChase:
Going straight to install AC in my fowl cage and I will make sure I baff them twice a day!
Can't afford to lose my three local fowl now wey easter dey around the corner!

Lol, heat nor fit kill local fowl except na half caste.
Those local fowl head strong ooo.
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Mr3loader: 9:42am On Feb 28, 2016
Eebrahym:
Ha, Na wa ooo, this is ga o shocked, Na who go com take credit for the blame now

some idiots wee be like Buhari, see what you have caused now shocked shocked this Nairaland is biased must u exhibit ur idiocy?, yet nobody will ban u idiots

BTW, People can eat, choi grin Dead fowls
Hmmmm
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by ChappyChase: 9:44am On Feb 28, 2016
franconian:

Lol, heat nor fit kill local fowl except na half caste. Those local fowl head strong ooo.
Oga prevention is better than cure! I no fit take chances abeg!
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Eebrahym(m): 9:45am On Feb 28, 2016
Mr3loader:
3loader warrisit
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by desmondoo(m): 9:46am On Feb 28, 2016
Hmmmn. The poultry farmer investigate well on wot killed the fowls before saying it's heat....this s nt the first time we are experiencing the heat... i guess it might be another poultry virus in town oo.
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by icybeth(m): 10:18am On Feb 28, 2016
sorry for the great loss
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Reference(m): 10:36am On Feb 28, 2016
billyG:
He shld hav made his poultry house roof to be high 20ft above d grd.

Good observation. Zinc roofs are notorious heat conductors. Even he himself will not survive there thoughtless of a crowded flock of imprisoned animals wearing coat at noon.
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Reference(m): 10:40am On Feb 28, 2016
Atigba:
All the mosquitoes in my environment are dead

Because of heat

Thank god

Na lie. Its the lack of stagnant water to breed and vegetation to feed. Don't worry, light showers are coming then they'll be back.
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Reference(m): 10:45am On Feb 28, 2016
Martins301:

You are right. The pic is wrong but the birds were layers. I couldn't snap at night and I have visited the poultry during the day. The attached img is just for effect

Always indicate an illustration when one is made. Nothing wrong with that, the Press does so too.
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Reference(m): 10:52am On Feb 28, 2016
FuckTheMod:

And you will power it with air abi

with the heat that is causing the problem in the first place. Until the clouds and rains come, the sun and solar rules. This is where technology and nature converge.
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Reference(m): 10:57am On Feb 28, 2016
franconian:

Lol, heat nor fit kill local fowl except na half caste.
Those local fowl head strong ooo.

If we are not too greedy that is what we should be raising, free range birds aka local chickens. They are weather proof and disease proof, sensible and responsible. All these ajebutter fowls are just big for nothing, tasteless, cancer ridden birds that just roll over and die at the drop of a hat like their human counterparts.
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by replete(m): 11:26am On Feb 28, 2016
taurus21:
What a great loss, but op you mean people were rushing to buy the dead chickens or did I get you wrong? Who consumes dead chickens?
Same people that consume frozen chicken.
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Alaanyihaji(m): 12:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
The heat is terrible this time around. I lost the two browlers that remained in my farm after the Christmas sales, very big ones just this last week. Even the numerous wells in my compound are all crying for water.Whoever wakes first and fetch first three buckets, is the lucky one. The rest will go to the next well. Only God knows how soon the rain will start coming this year. Some of the layers are breathing with mouth open, and coughing, had to treat them with Thylodox Extra. Wish one has light to get Ice block and be putting in their water!
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Josephamstrong1(m): 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2016
justicejay:
I just 104 day old chicks 8weeks ago. Belive me the all die within 2weeks ago when the heat was too much. So painful

u have no idea wat killed doz chick.
kpele.
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Josephamstrong1(m): 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
sayitright:
This a big fat lie..... how sun go remove chicken feathers?

spot on.
r u minding d fake news?
heat stress doesn't roast chicken talk more of layers.
To rap it off, op said layers. Can't see any layer thr.
Smtn must hv ignited fire in dat pen to hv roasted doz fowls.
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by justicejay(m): 12:55pm On Feb 28, 2016
Josephamstrong1:

u have no idea wat kill doz chick.
kpele.
it was heat i confirmed it from a vet doctor.
But if you still have better idea you can elight me.
What i firstly noticed is that their legs r weak they were unable to walk again but the didnt lose weight and they are eating but to walk or stand is a problem 4 them, initally i thought they lack enough bone in their meal but their wasnt changes after including bone.i also give them some drug but none yield fruit till i lose them all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? / Huge Cassava Harvested In Imo State, Taller Than The Owner!!!!! (Photos) / Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.