Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,079 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? (12333 Views)

See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k / Oukitel K6000 Plus For 21k On Jumia / Oukitel K6000 Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by barnaby04(m): 9:50am On Feb 28, 2016
Good morning House,

I have an Oukitel K6000 phone that comes with a sealed internal battery just as that of the iphone 6, the phone accidentally fell down heavily on a very hard surface yesterday which cracked the screen in several places and also ensured that its touch screen sensitivity no longer works.

Presently, I can't receive or make a call and also do anything on it due to the cracked screen which has refused to respond to touch sensitivity.

Please any idea on how I can fix the phone?

Thanking u in advance for ur kind advise!
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by emeraldknytt(m): 10:05am On Feb 28, 2016
... But i think the manufacturers and oukitel agents demonstrated using the k6000 as a hammer. Someone on NL even created a thread mentioning a car can run it over without a crack on its screen... Funny... Op, no one recognizes oukitel, just sell the residue as scrap and enjoy... Sorry 4 ya loss

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by iliyande(m): 10:06am On Feb 28, 2016
Contact the seller or check aliexpress please. I got my cube talk 9x screen fixed by a local technician here in abuja after importing it through Eghosa1.
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by gabylzy(m): 10:09am On Feb 28, 2016
emeraldknytt:
... But i think the manufacturers and oukitel agents demonstrated using the k6000 as a hammer. Someone on NL even created a thread mentioning a car can run it over without a crack on its screen... Funny... Op, no one recognizes oukitel, just sell the residue as scrap and enjoy... Sorry 4 ya loss

hehehehe...i alwayz warn pple that buy fones dat dont av carecenters in Nigeria

nasty reply tho

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by iliyande(m): 10:13am On Feb 28, 2016
gabylzy:

nasty reply tho

https://www.nairaland.com/2953928/bye-bye-tecno-phones

Even those with carecenters here are not better either

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by guente02(m): 10:17am On Feb 28, 2016
Chaiiiii. Anf this particular phone cost o.
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 28, 2016
Lol. So this phone can break. I said it in one of my comments that oukitel will not ship the same phones as the ones used in their demonstration. I saw someone use it as a hammer on 6 inch nail and it didn't even crack. Well op I don't think u can get the screen here unless u import it which is going to cost even more. I don't see anything special about that phone so I wonder why someone would go through the stress of importing it.
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by barnaby04(m): 1:57pm On Feb 28, 2016
emeraldknytt:

Issokay. Thanks bro cos its a big loss
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by barnaby04(m): 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
[quote author=iliyande post=43323347]Contact the seller or check aliexpress please. I got my cube talk 9x screen fixed by a local technician here in abuja after importing it through Eghosa1. [/quote

Thanks bro for ur advise, went round town this morning to see if any technician would be able to fix it but was told that the kind of screen is not available freely in market.

Seems I will have to buy the screen online and get fixed here. Saw it on aliexpress but but would rather wait a bit to see if this dollar rate goes down a bit before ordering it cos shopping on foreign sites and the way our banks debits ones account aint funny at all.
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by barnaby04(m): 2:21pm On Feb 28, 2016
gabylzy:

nasty reply tho

Those that have service centers in Nigeria are not better off either. Nigeria is just a funny country that best practises elsewhere does not apply here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by gabylzy(m): 2:41pm On Feb 28, 2016
iliyande:

https://www.nairaland.com/2953928/bye-bye-tecno-phones

Even those with carecenters here are not better either

at least there is hope
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by iliyande(m): 3:05pm On Feb 28, 2016
gabylzy:

at least there is hope

cheesy I don't think there is any hope.

I can't repair a phone of 30k with 19k.Never.

My cube talk 9x cost 50k, I repair the screen with 13k including everything.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by iliyande(m): 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
@barnaby04 please wait a bit hopping dollars comes down
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
iliyande:

cheesy I don't think there is any hope.

I can't repair a phone of 30k with 19k.Never.

My cube talk 9x cost 50k, I repair the screen with 13k including everything.

Still better than not seeing the screen on the market. My lumia 920 once got broken and I took it to Nokia they said it would cost me 25k because my warrantee had expired. Took it to a 3rd party shop and it was fixed for 10k. I knew the 10k screen was not made by Nokia but it worked well, at least for me to give the phone to my younger sister. A Samsung galaxy s3 screen cost 35k 3 years ago. I've helped someone change the screen of Sony xperia z for 12k, but at Sony that screen cost 32k. The 12k screen is Korea, display never remained the same after it was changed. Good displays don't come cheap.
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by Baroba(m): 6:15pm On Feb 28, 2016
greenhulk:
Lol. So this phone can break. I said it in one of my comments that oukitel will not ship the same phones as the ones used in their demonstration. I saw someone use it as a hammer on 6 inch nail and it didn't even crack. Well op I don't think u can get the screen here unless u import it which is going to cost even more. I don't see anything special about that phone so I wonder why someone would go through the stress of importing it.

The k6000 was marketed as a device with great battery life, it was the K4000 that was shown on commercials been used as hammer and was equally put through various endurance test..

Like you said, its never advisable to buy phones you can't find the parts..

OP, you might want to consider a tempered glass once you get it repaired..sorry
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by barnaby04(m): 11:31pm On Feb 28, 2016
Thanks guys for your concern, I saw a replacement screen on aliexpress which goes for $39. I will exercise a bit patience for dollar rates to drop before ordering it and getting it fixed by a capable technician.

The crux of the issue is that, anyone using a new product in town/market should be ready to pay prices like this.
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by OjayDavido(m): 8:52am On Feb 29, 2016
I smell lies
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by Ajibolatao(m): 9:48am On Apr 05, 2016
I'm thinking of getting this phone. Pls, can u recommend it and I hope the battery is strong as advertised (up to 10 days of normal usage.... lol)? What about the general performance level? And lastly, did u get it from a local market or u imported it?
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by Treyknowles(m): 12:07pm On Apr 05, 2016
barnaby04:
Good morning House,

I have an Oukitel K6000 phone that comes with a sealed internal battery just as that of the iphone 6, the phone accidentally fell down heavily on a very hard surface yesterday which cracked the screen in several places and also ensured that its touch screen sensitivity no longer works.

Presently, I can't receive or make a call and also do anything on it due to the cracked screen which has refused to respond to touch sensitivity.

Xup, Plz Cn U Give Us The Overall Perfomance Of The Phone.Tnx
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by barnaby04(m): 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2016
Treyknowles:
Xup, Plz Cn U Give Us The Overall Perfomance Of The Phone.Tnx

I decided to go for Oukitel K6000 because of two factors when I needed a new phone recently; the battery life and picture quality.

As a social media enthusiast that uses his phone very often, I needed a phone that can last me for a long while and save me the stress of charging regularly, with Oukitel K6000, I charge mostly once in two days with my data on 24/7!

The picture quality is in a world of its own, it has a 8MP front camera and 13MP back camera, enough memory to downloady any app of your choice, it a 2GB ROM size and 16GB internal memory, a dual micro sim phone and what's more, it looks very stylish.

Hoping that this US dollars issue will abate soonest so that I can order the screen and get my phone back to use again because our banks charges black market rate on online foreign transactions
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by barnaby04(m): 6:39pm On Apr 09, 2016
Ajibolatao:
I'm thinking of getting this phone. Pls, can u recommend it and I hope the battery is strong as advertised (up to 10 days of normal usage.... lol)? What about the general performance level? And lastly, did u get it from a local market or u imported it?

The phone has a very good battery life, I charge mostly once in two days even with my heavy phone usage. I bought mine online at www.gearbest.com. I will advise you exercise patience a bit and let this dollars issue subside a bit cos buying it now will be very expensive at the present rate dollars goes for.

The performance is okay generally.
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by Treyknowles(m): 7:24pm On Apr 09, 2016
barnaby04:

I decided to go for Oukitel K6000 because of two factors when I needed a new phone recently; the battery life and picture quality.

As a social media enthusiast that uses his phone very often, I needed a phone that can last me for a long while and save me the stress of charging regularly, with Oukitel K6000, I charge mostly once in two days with my data on 24/7!

The picture quality is in a world of its own, it has a 8MP front camera and 13MP back camera, enough memory to downloady any app of your choice, it a 2GB ROM size and 16GB internal memory, a dual micro sim phone and what's more, it looks very stylish.

Hoping that this US dollars issue will abate soonest so that I can order the screen and get my phone back to use again because our banks charges black market rate on online foreign transactions
Tnx
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by Ajibolatao(m): 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
barnaby04:

The phone has a very good battery life, I charge mostly once in two days even with my heavy phone usage. I bought mine online at www.gearbest.com. I will advise you exercise patience a bit and let this dollars issue subside a bit cos buying it now will be very expensive at the present rate dollars goes for.

The performance is okay generally.
Thanks
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by adeola111: 11:34am On May 20, 2016
mine is also broken. i want to order it from ali express but its on free shipping. am not sure if it will get here on time. please who knows about this
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by blackout92(m): 9:37pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ajibolatao:

Thanks
Bro pls can you educate me on this.

How did receive the phone when it arrived, did you go to get it from an office or was it brought to your house

And I also need tutorial on how to order from gearbest or aliexpress. Thanks
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by blackout92(m): 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2016
barnaby04:
Good morning House,

How did receive the phone when it arrived, did you go to get it from an office or was it brought to your house
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by barnaby04(m): 3:40pm On Jun 19, 2016
blackout92:

I ordered for the phone on Gearbest. They have two shipping options, free shipping or paid shipping on virtually all items.

With the free shipping, the seller ships your item free of charge at no cost to you. You go to the Post Office to receive your goods and tender a form of identification which is collected and stored.

The paid shipping on Gearbest costs 1.99USD. With this amount, you are given a tracking number which you can use to track your goods and know the shipping location of your goods.

Whatever you order for on Gearbest or Aliexpress are delievered and collected at the major post offices in all towns. The era of ATMs has made online shopping fraud less attractive because with your card, you can shop on virtually all sites.
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by deo966(m): 4:28am On Jun 20, 2016
barnaby04:
Good morning House,

Goto aliexpress search for oukitel k6000 screen since is not available here in naija, you can only buy it online. And you give it to the good engineers to fix it for you. M using d oukitel k6000 pro shaa. It is well
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by adeola111: 7:13pm On Jun 25, 2016
@ barnaby04 I have a cracked screen too if we can partner together we can other for it together. I was at computer village yesterday search every nook and cranny but could not find. Call me on 08035142782
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by barnaby04(m): 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2016
@ Adeola111 Thanks for your suggestion on getting the screen together. Have seen some sellers with very good price but want to know the bank with the best exchange as against Nair-Dollars conversion.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by captainbangz: 1:31pm On Jun 26, 2016
this type of phone reminds me of one oga yellow(a phone engineer). if you take this type to him for repairs, he'll ask you to help him pronounce the phone's make just to make jest of you using your money to buy such.
Re: Help!!! How Can I Fix The Cracked Screen Of My Oukitel K6000? by adeola111: 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
@barnaby04 thanks for your reply. Please call me so we can talk better. I have been to computer village but could not get. I really need the screen. I even mailed their headquarters to provide a service center in Nigeria so we can get services fast

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Download Large Files With The AIRTEL Unlimited Social Data / Is Camera Quality A Reason You Bought Your Phone? / Innjoo And Deceit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.